Judd

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Judd

Post by PoundhillO »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 pm I’d be gutted as he’s the better player of him and ling, who in my opinion is a liability whenever he plays and I lost count of the number goals he was responsible for.
jamespevans wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 am
Thor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 am
PoundhillO wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am

Totally agree , he is a far better player than Sam Ling, strange there have been no offers for him !!
Cos he’s gone backwards as a player and is not good enough for league football in my opinion based on what I saw last season.
Totally disagree. He can get up and down the pitch, put a good cross in and can tackle - all of which Ling struggles with.

Spot on !!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

How many assists does Judd have?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

The only good reason for selling Judd at this very low price would be concerns about his long term fitness, the lad seems to get so many injuries.
When he is fit and on form, Judd is a really good young fullback and worth way more than a mere £25,000 valuation.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

But he's not good enough to have 2 threads going on him 😕
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:24 am
Thor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 am
PoundhillO wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am

Totally agree , he is a far better player than Sam Ling, strange there have been no offers for him !!
Cos he’s gone backwards as a player and is not good enough for league football in my opinion based on what I saw last season.
Totally disagree. He can get up and down the pitch, put a good cross in and can tackle - all of which Ling struggles with.
I was referring to Ling not Judd whose gone backwards.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Few months ago, Myles Judd signed a contract extension till 30.06.21, so with two more years on his contract, why this rush to sell him for such a small transfer fee ? Hard to understand the reason behind this ?
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 pm Utter nonsense
Bloody well hope it is.
Oooh!
Fresh Alias

Post by Oooh! »

Not really a Judd fan to be honest. Honest player but when fit and in form Ling is the better footballer.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Oooh! wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am Not really a Judd fan to be honest. Honest player but when fit and in form Ling is the better footballer.
Having seen both play, I think that when Judd is fit and buzzing, he is a far better fullback with more about his game than Ling.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Oooh! wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am Not really a Judd fan to be honest. Honest player but when fit and in form Ling is the better footballer.
So do tell at what point in the whole of last season did it happen? Cos long was poor in every game he played and cost us plenty of goals and lost points.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:59 am
Having seen both play, I think that when Judd is fit and buzzing, he is a far better fullback with more about his game than Ling.
Totally agree
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

PoundhillO wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:59 am
Totally agree
@Poundhill
Quite obvious isnt it !!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Judd is the best right back at the club but he's still raw. Turley can do a job but is one of Orient's best CBs. Ling is terrible.

Getting a new right back should have been number 1 priority after replacing the players that have left and get them in ASAP to gel with the defence in pre-season. Ling and Judd (to a certain extent) were targetted by everyone last season.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:59 am Judd is the best right back at the club but he's still raw. Turley can do a job but is one of Orient's best CBs. Ling is terrible.

Getting a new right back should have been number 1 priority after replacing the players that have left and get them in ASAP to gel with the defence in pre-season. Ling and Judd (to a certain extent) were targetted by everyone last season.
Judd on form and fit would do well in this division. Problem is that in the last couple of seasons, poor lad has had so many injuries, lucky for him to stay fit enough to play in around 40% of the games. I hope he does stay at the Os and also hope that regardless of who he plays for, that he manages to get over his fitness issues.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Makes no sense and I very much doubt the figures involved. I’m fairly sure he’ll be here next year.

Big Judd fan. He’s underrated in my eyes. Needs to keep fit and get a proper run in the side. Held his own in League 2 under the FB era and was some people’s player of the season that year. Had some injuries but love the fact he’s home grown, always gives 100%, is tenacious and what he lacks in technical skill makes up for in hard graft.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:35 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:59 am Judd is the best right back at the club but he's still raw. Turley can do a job but is one of Orient's best CBs. Ling is terrible.

Judd on form and fit would do well in this division. Problem is that in the last couple of seasons, poor lad has had so many injuries, lucky for him to stay fit enough to play in around 40% of the games. I hope he does stay at the Os and also hope that regardless of who he plays for, that he manages to get over his fitness issues.
Definitey got the talent. Hopefully someone will come in that he can learn from and keep fit.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Jman wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am Makes no sense and I very much doubt the figures involved. I’m fairly sure he’ll be here next year.

Big Judd fan. He’s underrated in my eyes. Needs to keep fit and get a proper run in the side. Held his own in League 2 under the FB era and was some people’s player of the season that year. Had some injuries but love the fact he’s home grown, always gives 100%, is tenacious and what he lacks in technical skill makes up for in hard graft.
"UNDERrated"? 😊
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Jman wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am Makes no sense and I very much doubt the figures involved. I’m fairly sure he’ll be here next year.

Agree, one of our own and can be good to watch when he is fit and on form. I like him. I remember Judd and Dayton playing well together, Judd playing some quick and incisive passes to Dayton on the wing, it was good football to watch. Also Judd is good at overlapping and gets back to his defensive position very quickly.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

I'll be gutted if Juddy goes, cracking player when in form and needs a good solid run of games. Just my opinion but I think he's a significantly better player than Ling who has never really impressed me. What a shame if true.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

The phrase “ if true” has cropped up again and again in this thread. It’s an unconfirmed Twitter rumour put about by induviduals whose job is to get people to follow their particular offering - before launching into Ling Snr and Jnr and the club’s ownership at least wait until the facts can be verified.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Judd wasn't targeted like Ling was. Didn't the stats show we didn't lose with Judd in the team and only conceded something like 7 goals in 20 odd games? With Ling the stats were horrendous and he was at thought every game for a least 1 goal.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Judd wasn't targeted like Ling was. Didn't the stats show we didn't lose with Judd in the team and only conceded something like 7 goals in 20 odd games? With Ling the stats were horrendous and he was at thought every game for a least 1 goal.
I said Judd was to a certain extent. I remember one game in particular where he kept getting caught out of position up the field and they played the ball in behind him. I can't remember what game it was. I like Judd a lot, he'll learn with age.

Ling was targetted by everyone.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Agreed there BM
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hardly proves a thing. Didn't Chingford r come up with that same argument with Elokobie, and look what happened there? Maybe it would apply if you're talking about a free scoring striker that suddenly gets sidelined for a while.
In response to thors last post.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

We are a better team with Judd than with Ling that's a statistical fact. The team also plays better with him in it, we are more compact and defensively sound and he offers a genuine outlet on the overlap, although he does need to improve his crosses.

His link up with Dayton was very good and they complimented each other well.

In my view and it seems many others Judd is the better player.

Sell Ling, that should be the call imho and it's nothing to do with who he is or who his dad is. I base my opinion on what I watched all last season and Ling was woeful. I hope he can come good again, but to do that he needs to be fit (something that let him down) pull up his boot straps and pass to an Orient player something he seems incapable of doing. Or for that matter passing forwards as it's always sideways or backwards. Oh and stop getting skinned time after time after time, you'd think he'd learn, but the same thing continues to occur game after game.