Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:18 pm
RedO wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:16 pm
Stowaway wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:50 pm One law I’d love to see brought in would be making it a condition of being an MP that you have no other job. That would sort out shits like Javed and Osbourne at a stroke.
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

Still, I'm sure that politicians of both parties have second positions so they're all as bad as each other, or something.
He's not got the level of working for a foreign country's propaganda TV channel yet brah #Whatabouterry
WHOMP, THERE IT IS! :D
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:37 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:27 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Absolutely racism plays a big part in it for some people. I've seen them get a lot of abuse from the right too, of course.

I honestly think you're trying too hard mate. All you'll get is COYOS. Is it worth it?
Would you like to tell me, honestly, what you mean by that last sentence please?
I'll happily tell you honestly but I don't think you'll like it and I think you'll think I'm attacking or being rude, when I'm genuinely not trying to be.

Digby regularly goads you on here in subtle and less than subtle ways and I think you take the bait more often than you realise. Whenever Israel comes up I know he is going to give you an assist to something and drive you loopy and see also; Corbyn, racism, left wing politics in general. I think you're very passionate and sometimes almost emotional about the causes you believe in (me too though, its not a dig) and he thrives upon it.
Thank you for that and for being honest...I find that refreshing.
I am very passionate about the things I believe in, and always have been......theres not much point in having beliefs if you're not passionate.
Im aware of digby & his motivations, believe me, and I know what i think of him , but I'll not say anymore about that.
Once again, thanks for your honesty
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

No problem! Good for you, appreciate the response and all the best.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Is everyone else waiting for the day PoliticOs ripps off his mask to reveal he's actually Maxy, and reverts to being an 'orrible c*nt?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I mean it's been blatant since the alias started

Do enjoy him playing the polite soft left student though
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:29 pm I mean it's been blatant since the alias started

Do enjoy him playing the polite soft left student though
Agree on the timing & content pointing at MBG. IP's say totally different though. If it is him, he's unusually kept the pretence up for longer than previous. All of his previous alias's have been picked up pretty quickly on a straight IP match.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s not max.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

RedO wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 pmIt’s not max.
Thanks for putting your hand up to this.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... blame-game

Will the sh*t show of this Tory government ever do the decent and adult thing to accept responsibility for their failures?

Every day they add another failure on a very long list of failures and another abuse of power/ disregard of proper principles on an already long list.
Johnson's master Cummins wants to generate chaos. He seems to have some theory that something better comes from having destroyed the existing structures. Johnson is still dancing to Cummins' tunes and parliament has been made redundant.
In the course of this all the Tory party sponsors and luvvies get jobs and mega contracts despite a proven record of horrendous failures, such as Serco.
Last edited by E10EU on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

'Dishi Rishi' initially presented as Mr. Generous, dishing out 'good things for everybody'.
Maybe there were many people who believed his charm and assurances? So he started to be touted as the next Tory party leader and PM ...... a smiley, generous and caring Tory ......
Yet now he is already warning of mega austerity to come. So what happened to the Tory promises of 'a kind and supportive arm around everyone'???

All the mega redundancies are beginning to roll in ..... The furlough measures were short-lived and just delayed the devastation to come.
M&S, Ryanair, John Lewis closures and many more. These are companies that had been regarded as rock solid.

And lots more to go in the hospitality sector. Still, this might please Brexiteers as many staff in the hospitality sector were Europeans.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ent-warned

Today's fall-guy?
Hancock is still desperately trying to fudge it about his testing failures by creating another body that stars Dido who spectacularly failed in the previous testing scheme.

But all is well as Johnson is off on his holidays at an unknown destination. :-(
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Admin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 am *Logs in to see if anyone's still clinging to the Corbyn / Abbott straw man argument. See's Maffy's duly obliged. Logs out again.
Sadly we live with their legacy now and will do until the next GE. That legacy is Johnson and a massive majority that allows him to do what the heck he likes Starmer is doing his best to hold Johnson to account but BoJo will continue to do exactly what he likes. Because he can. Given the size of the majority it may be we suffer this fool for two terms.

So yes. Thanks Corbyn, your legacy is an untouchable Johnson Government. What an achievement. He created a stronger Tory party than Margaret Thatcher.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Thor will love this one!

Why is Gavin Williamson showing a whip so clearly on his(?) desk in this photo?

A veiled message or threat?

Or has he just been clearing out, in advance, the staff locker of the 'Member' for Rayleigh and Wickford?

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Admin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 pm
RedO wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 pmIt’s not max.
Thanks for putting your hand up to this.
No problem.

Please ban this account and put me out of my misery.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:49 am
Admin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 am *Logs in to see if anyone's still clinging to the Corbyn / Abbott straw man argument. See's Maffy's duly obliged. Logs out again.
Sadly we live with their legacy now and will do until the next GE. That legacy is Johnson and a massive majority that allows him to do what the heck he likes Starmer is doing his best to hold Johnson to account but BoJo will continue to do exactly what he likes. Because he can. Given the size of the majority it may be we suffer this fool for two terms.

So yes. Thanks Corbyn, your legacy is an untouchable Johnson Government. What an achievement. He created a stronger Tory party than Margaret Thatcher.
But...but...but...you were one of those that voted to give de Pfeffel Johnson this majority but are moaning that too many others did exactly the same?

What the actual f*ck? 😂
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedO wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:32 am

But...but...but...you were one of those that voted to give de Pfeffel Johnson this majority but are moaning that too many others did exactly the same?

What the actual f*ck? 😂
Like I’ve said before. I voted for the best of an absolute rubbish pair of leaders. If Labour had anything remotely close to a decent leader I would not have touched Johnson with a barge pole. The guy is dangerous and now has the power to do what the heck he likes. Hobson’s choice. Politics, a new low.

To quote Alan Johnson “Corbyn couldn’t lead Labour out of a paper bag”. I like Alan Johnson and on this he is spot on.

But it did surprise me just how many shared my views. Incompetent is a compliment when talking about Corbyn. So now we are paying the price over the next 4 to 9 years.

So when people are rubbishing Johnson let’s not forget who is responsible for his strong position.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:58 am

What the actual f*ck? 😂
Like I’ve said before. I voted for the best of an absolute rubbish pair of leaders. If Labour had anything remotely close to a decent leader I would not have touched Johnson with a barge pole. The guy is dangerous and now has the power to do what the heck he likes. Hobson’s choice. Politics, a new low.

To quote Alan Johnson “Corbyn couldn’t lead Labour out of a paper bag”. I like Alan Johnson and on this he is spot on.

But it did surprise me just how many shared my views. Incompetent is a compliment when talking about Corbyn. So now we are paying the price over the next 4 to 9 years.

So when people are rubbishing Johnson let’s not forget who is responsible for his strong position.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:58 am Like I’ve said before. I voted for the best of an absolute rubbish pair of leaders. If Labour had anything remotely close to a decent leader I would not have touched Johnson with a barge pole. The guy is dangerous and now has the power to do what the heck he likes. Hobson’s choice. Politics, a new low.

Sorry Dohnut but that is a complete cop-out.

I'm quite sure that in whatever constituency you preside, that if you felt absolutely compelled to vote, there were alternative options. Why didn't you vote for the Lib Dems? Or The Greens, or indeed whomever else was standing?

I truly believe that the 2019 election was primarily about Brexit. Afterall, wasn't the main reason it was called in the first place? You, and others, were no doubt seduced by the lies of Johnson :clown with his ridiculous 'Get Brexit Done' slogan; believing the utter cobblers around his "all-singing, all-dancing, oven-ready Brexit Deal". That's going well, isn't it. :lol:

To indicate now that you perceive Johnson :clown to be a 'rubbish leader' BUT STILL YOU voted for him, doesn't let either you (nor other Tory voters) off the hook my dear chap. Irrespective of how bad you (or others) perceived Jeremy Corbyn to be, nobody held a gun to you head and made you put a cross in the Tory box, did they? It was totally your choice.

To blame someone else for a monumental cock-up is the current Tory Party trend. Perhaps you did vote for the right party, for you, afterall?
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

What the actual f*ck? 😂

Didnt realise there were only two options on the ballot paper?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

What the actual f*ck? 😂

Fine – Corbyn was a useless leader. And yes, if he was in charge right now, there’d be all sorts of fuckwittery taking place and examples of incompetence. We know this based on how he led Labour’s last GE campaign. Let's acknowledge it, and get it out of your system, and move on.

But this administration is actually managing to defy all low expectations. As a government, they’re proving to be spectacularly bad at governing. To the point that referencing back to the possibility of a Corbyn-led government is now ridiculous and deflects the scrutiny from this government which they deserve.

And the thing is, they do have competent people on their back benches who, regardless of what anyone may think of their politics, have good knowledge and insight into specific areas and can manage a large operation. I’ve mentioned elsewhere the likes of Robert Halfon as an example of an obvious better choice for Education Secretary that the numbskull that is Gavin Williamson. Rory Stewart, while seen as traitor amongst Brexiteers, has proven experience of competent administration.

We’re stuck with a Tory government for the next 4.5 years, but what we really need now are some managerialists rather than spivs in key positions so that there is at least a basic level of competent governance during a crisis. Yet Johnson is doing the exact opposite.

f*** Corbyn. He doesn’t matter. This lot do.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

They've appointed the former boss at Britain's worst broadband provider to head up their new public health outfit, which lest we forget, is replacing the one that was created by the Tories to replace the regional health bodies we used to have in place and were seen as very effective at data collection, intervention management etc. It's a political appointment of a body that so clearly needs to be impartial to be effective. They continue to learn nothing.

The extent of their ineptitude is actually staggering. They seem to be f*cking up every single decision they can. And their response every single time is to concentrate more and more power with themselves. They are still convinced that they are a collection of brains that are far greater than the country's internationally renown public health experts, it's epidemiological experts, it's healthcare experts.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Yes Mistadobalina, but WHAT ABOUT CORBYN!?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

NuneatonO's wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I truly believe that the 2019 election was primarily about Brexit. Afterall, wasn't the main reason it was called in the first place? You, and others, were no doubt seduced by the lies of Johnson :clown with his ridiculous 'Get Brexit Done' slogan; believing the utter cobblers around his "all-singing, all-dancing, oven-ready Brexit Deal". That's going well, isn't it. :lol:

To indicate now that you perceive Johnson :clown to be a 'rubbish leader' BUT STILL YOU voted for him, doesn't let either you (nor other Tory voters) off the hook my dear chap. Irrespective of how bad you (or others) perceived Jeremy Corbyn to be, nobody held a gun to you head and made you put a cross in the Tory box, did they? It was totally your choice.
The 2019 election was totally about Brexit and the non implementation of the referendum result.

Where I differ from Nuneaton is that I think a lot of people knew exactly what they were getting with Boris but went with it to force through the Brexit they had voted for and to give their local MPs who followed the Brexit party line rather than what their constituencies voted for a kick up the backside.

The main problem in this country, which may have been a factor in the Brexit vote, is immigration and until Labour can have mature debates on the subject rather than closing them down by yelling racist and racism then IMO they will struggle to win votes back.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I dunno, if in the midst of the worst recession in recorded history and the worst public health crisis in a century - all made worse by absolute ineptitude of the government - you still think immigration is the main problem in this country, I'm willing to hazard a guess that you are actually a racist.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

According to whom is immigration the ‘main problem in this country’?

It certainly wasn’t the main motivation behind people’s votes in the last general election.