Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Tory Watch

Post by tuffers#1 »

The irresponsible Father who put his son in danger by attacking people at a Football match has spoken Nun '

Leave it fella or the Thug might strike out !!

🤣😂🤣
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NuneatonO's wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:30 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:26 pm When does bias become considered opinion is the right question, in my opinion.

How I see it is when I hear people say

All Tories are scum
All Labour people are thugs
All rich people are selfish aholes
Labour can’t run the economy
Tories feck everything up
All police are racists
It’s in the Guardian so it must be true or v/v
It’s in the Mail so it must be a lie or v/v

You get my point I’m sure. This type of comment I see as bias. Opinions based solely on the group they belong too. Irrational.

The Tories screwed up the exam system and other such comments are considered opinion. I formed an opinion based on the mess, not because it was a Tory.

It seems to me that there are many decent, honest people In both the Labour and Tory party. Both seem to have their share of idiots too. But I form opinions by listening to what they say or do, not the party they belong too. Sometimes my opinion is wrong. Such is life.
Just to give you some feedback on the very good list of points that you mention:

All Tories are scum - I certainly consider such a strong word sums up this current bunch of incompetent, charlatans within the Cabinet ; and of course, the self-servers within the ERG. I certainly don't consider all Tory voters scum - some of my friends have been/or are life-long Tories. However, even at my age, I just cannot see to this day how anyone can vote for them. From my perspective, they have always been the party of greed; and for the privileged.

All Labour people are thugs - I've never been a thug. As a Pacifist, I abhor violence or warfare of any kind (WW2 and fighting Facism aside).

All rich people are selfish aholes - I would never say that as it's too wide a statement. Tax-avoiding millionaires do indeed make my blood boil; along with the "I'm alright Jack" brigade. Probably because although I grew up in a poor family, we always paid our bills on time. Moreover, I absolutely abhor the class divide; and hate to see hardship and the pure waste of a decent human life and lack of dignity for all. Homelessness? Food Banks? Zero-hour contracts? One in four children living below the poverty line? Racism? Enduring these things in the 21st Century.......seriously? Things really should be much better - for everyone. To be honest, money, wealth or possessions have never interested me in the slightest. Maybe that's why I just cannot get my head around greed and selfishness.

Labour can’t run the economy - one of my biggest gripes. I truly believe that we handle the economy very well; and that until the World crash, Gordon Brown was one of the best Chancellors that we've ever had in the UK.

Tories feck everything up - particularly since 2016, I don't think that many people can argue with that statement!

All police are racists - absolutely ridiculous. A viewpoint that even as a left-leaning person, I would never agree with. They perform an incredibly difficult job; and in an ever-worsening society.

It’s in the Guardian so it must be true - most of the time.

It’s in the Mail so it must be a lie - the Mail does tell the truth occasionally; albeit generally as often as an a Solar Eclipse. ;)

Then we come on to this bloke. I was reading this story before venturing on to the forum. How anyone can support the Premiership of this bone-idle, privileged chancer leaves me absolutely gobsmacked. Just look at his 'previous' here of not taking responsibility. The guy is a total bloody fraud:

Yet again, the Prime Minister :clown is missing in action!
https://labourlist.org/2020/08/yet-agai ... in-action/
Where has the Labour thug thong come from?

I thought you right wingers all thought labour were limp wristed snowflakes?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:58 pm Gordon brown was one of the best chancellors we’ve ever had, said NuneatonO.

Yes he did some good things no doubt about it however he contributed to the global crash as he failed to regulate the banks. If the banks did not know they were buying sub prime debt then they were negligent, if they did know that they were indeed buying sub prime debt then they were negligent. All the while brown did nothing to stop them.

Following on from thatcher releasing the personal borrowing restrictions brown allowed the man in the street to borrow, borrow and borrow without putting any kind of brakes in the system or checks and balances. Banks raped the man in the street with high interest rates and the ability to repossess the products if they failed to pay for them.

They let the housing market rise in an uncontrolled fashion which ripped out the bottom rung of the ladder for many people. That also allowed in boom and bust on property prices with many stuck in negative equity due to the above when the crash happened.

He took away the 10p starting rate of tax, a rate which helped the lowest paid people in society. Nice one Gordon you idiot.

He robbed our pensions funds for what was it 5bn in the first year and rising after that?

He sold our gold off at rock bottom prices as well.

PPFI scandal as well.
So you agree he was too right wing? Good man.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Yeah I think he's replying to the wrong audience here trying to convince us Brown had bad points. I'm in. (Still better than every chancellor since mind)

That reminds me, NuneatonO's is doing the jam this week. I'm bringing the cardigans. We meeting at the allotment or wanna go straight to the real ale pop up?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

*Logs in to see if anyone's still clinging to the Corbyn / Abbott straw man argument. See's Maffy's duly obliged. Logs out again.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

CARING ABOUT THAT WONT WIN BACK THE RED WALL.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Pakistani Son of a bus driver born into a working class family in Greater Manchester gets a good job.

And this is a problem now? 🙄
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Stop constantly playing identity politics.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:38 pm Pakistani Son of a bus driver born into a working class family in Greater Manchester gets a good job.

And this is a problem now? 🙄
Yes, that’s the point being made here 👍
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Sajid Javid is a Btitish success story. His achievements should be celebrated
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Absolutely. No one has said they shouldn't, you silly sausage.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

One law I’d love to see brought in would be making it a condition of being an MP that you have no other job. That would sort out shits like Javed and Osbourne at a stroke.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:50 pm Absolutely. No one has said they shouldn't, you silly sausage.
They have now
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Well feel free to ask if you're struggling to understand, I'm sure a number of us can break it down into bitesize chunks for you.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Stowaway wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:50 pm One law I’d love to see brought in would be making it a condition of being an MP that you have no other job. That would sort out shits like Javed and Osbourne at a stroke.
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

Still, I'm sure that politicians of both parties have second positions so they're all as bad as each other, or something.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:15 pm Well feel free to ask if you're struggling to understand, I'm sure a number of us can break it down into bitesize chunks for you.
But we're in agreement that he's a success story that should be celebrated.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

RedO wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:16 pm
Stowaway wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:50 pm One law I’d love to see brought in would be making it a condition of being an MP that you have no other job. That would sort out shits like Javed and Osbourne at a stroke.
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

Still, I'm sure that politicians of both parties have second positions so they're all as bad as each other, or something.
He's not got the level of working for a foreign country's propaganda TV channel yet brah #Whatabouterry
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:17 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:15 pm Well feel free to ask if you're struggling to understand, I'm sure a number of us can break it down into bitesize chunks for you.
Absolutely. He has made a stunning success of himself. Obviously his politics aren't for me and I believe his party have done great damage, so in that aspect he's been unsuccessful for me, but professionally and personally to come from where he has to being Chancellor of the Exchequer is unbelievable. The only people to think different would be blinded by rosettes.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:25 pm
Absolutely. He has made a stunning success of himself. Obviously his politics aren't for me and I believe his party have done great damage, so in that aspect he's been unsuccessful for me, but professionally and personally to come from where he has to being Chancellor of the Exchequer is unbelievable. The only people to think different would be blinded by rosettes.
Racism definitely has plays a part in some instances too as it does with Priti Patel

They both regularly receive abuse from the left that accuse them of being "Coconuts" or other disgusting slurs
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The word you're thinking of is c*nts, not coconuts.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Racism definitely has plays a part in some instances too as it does with Priti Patel

They both regularly receive abuse from the left that accuse them of being "Coconuts" or other disgusting slurs
Absolutely racism plays a big part in it for some people. I've seen them get a lot of abuse from the right too, of course.

I honestly think you're trying too hard mate. All you'll get is COYOS. Is it worth it?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Absolutely racism plays a big part in it for some people. I've seen them get a lot of abuse from the right too, of course.

I honestly think you're trying too hard mate. All you'll get is COYOS. Is it worth it?
Would you like to tell me, honestly, what you mean by that last sentence please?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Just watch Williamson :clown in this car crash interview. He just can't help himself lying, can he!

LIES :lol: LIES :lol: LIES :lol: LIES :lol: LIES :lol:

Lest we forget that this is the utterly gormless moron who, to save money on defence, asked if the M.O.D. could buy tractors and “put really expensive guns on them”. He also put forward a plan to hide a missile defence system in a vehicle disguised as a Coca-Cola lorry.

In 2018, Mr Williamson asked military officials to “paintball ships trespassing in Gibraltar‘s waters” to humiliate the Spanish Navy. The proposal came amid reports of a sharp increase in Spanish ships making illegal incursions into the territory’s waters last year.

Chancellor Philip Hammond was forced to cancel a trade visit to Beijing in 2019, after Williamson suggested Britain would send an aircraft carrier to the South China Sea. After Mr Williamson’s comment reportedly incensed the Chinese government, the plug was pulled on Mr Hammond’s trip. Former army chief General Sir Lord Dannatt described his speech as a “bad diplomatic move”.

Mr Williamson achieved a parliamentary first when he was, in his own words, “heckled” by his phone during a speech about Isis. While speaking at the despatch box, he was interrupted by his iPhone’s virtual assistant Siri, which stated: “I found something on the web for ‘in Syria, Syrian democratic forces supported by…’”

In your own words Mr. Williamson, following the Skripal incident, please just “go away and shut up”. :lol:
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:27 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Would you like to tell me, honestly, what you mean by that last sentence please?
I'll happily tell you honestly but I don't think you'll like it and I think you'll think I'm attacking or being rude, when I'm genuinely not trying to be.

Digby regularly goads you on here in subtle and less than subtle ways and I think you take the bait more often than you realise. Whenever Israel comes up I know he is going to give you an assist to something and drive you loopy and see also; Corbyn, racism, left wing politics in general. I think you're very passionate and sometimes almost emotional about the causes you believe in (me too though, its not a dig) and he thrives upon it.