Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BIGRON »

Is tonight's broadcast live ?

Away from that Germany has lifted several lockdown phases and have had an immediate increase of cases 🤔🤔
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

BoniO wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:52 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:22 am Daily hospital deaths in England by day of death not reporting

Great to see the Hospital deaths going down obviously. Is there a similar graph for non-hospital deaths where you found this graph?
Of course, sadly it is not as up to date given the lag associated with the ONS releases

Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Real Al wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:08 pm People in Scotland can now exercise twice a day.

f*** me, they won't like that!
I don't think they will mind, they can make two trips to the off licence instead of just the one.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:51 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm This new stay alert slogan is the biggest BS ever from this government, and thats saying something.
How can you stay alert, to see something thats about 0.00001 in?
This whole new campaign is about loosening the lockdown, when were not really ready yet.
The numbers of infections will shoot up again, as will the number of deaths, and an even more stringent lockdown will have to come into force
This government is really clueless
It'll definitely confuse the thickos.
If your comms confuses thickos, then it's bad comms.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Real Al wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:08 pm People in Scotland can now exercise twice a day.

Yeah but Nicola says we don't have to stay alert, so we can take a nap if we overdo things
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:30 am You have totally misunderstood things, again.
Nope..
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Infuriating bluster. Ineptitude incarnate.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Just illustrates how sh*t Corbyn was that he got annihilated by this guy
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Well that was the stupidest speech I ever bothered listening too. How can you increase fines but actively tell people to go to work? Why must you go to work but you must not see your friends and family ? You have to accept hanging out with colleagues who may have Covid and not tell you versus your friends and family who would tell you that they have it or not .

And stay alert ? Alert for what ? To duck when I see Covid 19 lurking on my work desk ??? Or it walking down the street ??

He is basically shifting the blame to us now. Cases go up we we’re not alert enough.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

So we have to keep our arse down then
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Celtient wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Yeah but Nicola says we don't have to stay alert, so we can take a nap if we overdo things
This is going to cause some division within the UK.

To be honest, I didn't really follow what he was on about.

"Stay alert". I saw that in the papers. Is he saying, go out and work and drive up to Scotland, Wales and into Ireland if you would like to?

Anybody who would like to bullet point what he actually said. Please enlighten us all. It would be really appreciated.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

It was confusing and full of jargon. Why confuse people when it’s so important?

Offensive on how we downplayed deaths because at least it’s not going to be 500,000! f*cking bumhole.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why do we have to wait til Wednesday for our unlimited exercise?

Thought the go to work stuff was a bit ambiguous. Who exactly does it cover? Manufacturing and construction were given examples. I guess it's down to workplaces to decide, so long as they can make their environment safe.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

What a clusterfcuk of confusion, delivered by an absolute imbercile.

How are people supposed to return to work in 12 hours time; with no public transport and without employers having the first idea of the safety regulations required? It's complete and utter madness.

This return to work message is primarily about one thing........getting Furlough payments down. Did people really believe "whatever it takes" Sunak?

It is abundantly clear that this decision is simply about money; and sod all to do about people's lives.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Dunners wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:31 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:51 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm This new stay alert slogan is the biggest BS ever from this government, and thats saying something.
How can you stay alert, to see something thats about 0.00001 in?
This whole new campaign is about loosening the lockdown, when were not really ready yet.
The numbers of infections will shoot up again, as will the number of deaths, and an even more stringent lockdown will have to come into force
This government is really clueless
It'll definitely confuse the thickos.
If your comms confuses thickos, then it's bad comms.
This.

But it’s really shown how most people need their arse wiping for them
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:43 pm What a clusterfcuk of confusion, delivered by an absolute imbercile.

How are people supposed to return to work in 12 hours time; with no public transport and without employers having the first idea of the safety regulations required? It's complete and utter madness.

This return to work message is primarily about one thing........getting Furlough payments down. Did people really believe "whatever it takes" Sunak?

It is abundantly clear that this decision is simply about money; and sod all to do about people's lives.
Depends where you work, individual circumstances and what your working environment is like, no?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:56 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:43 pm What a clusterfcuk of confusion, delivered by an absolute imbercile.

Depends where you work, individual circumstances and what your working environment is like, no?
No. Not at all.

My Son works in concrete construction. His Managing Director has emailed him (and around 80 others) already telling them he hasn't got the first idea what mandatory or recommended procedures he needs to adopt in order to meet Government guidelines.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:04 pm

No. Not at all.

My Son works in concrete construction. His Managing Director has emailed him (and around 80 others) already telling them he hasn't got the first idea what mandatory or recommended procedures he needs to adopt in order to meet Government guidelines.
Without any guidelines, the workplace would take up the liability. Surely it will take weeks to get ready for this.

Only go to work if you must. Use a car. Even better walk or cycle. Good man.

I've only had half glass of wine with dinner too.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hopefully, like he said, he'll give more of the details in the Commons tomorrow. I kind of get the strategy, but how Boris has gone about this is a complete clusterfuck. Rumours circulating that other members of Cabinet are fuming with him, as he's made these decisions and pre-recorded that speech without Cabinet approval.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No. Not at all.

Can't be expected for work tomorrow then.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Something that was a constant theme was social distancing. It's clear that it's here for the medium term at least. Any business that cannot adapt is in real trouble.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:16 pm
No. Not at all.

Can't be expected for work tomorrow then.
I think you've missed the point.

Johnson said (quote):
"And to ensure you are safe at work we have been working to establish new guidance for employers to make workplaces Covid-secure"

If this new guidance has not yet been finalised or communicated to businesses, then how the bloody hell can construction workers go back to work tomorrow (as Johnson advised), in a safe environment?

Johnson is Trump Mark 2.

No input from the CBI or businesses. No input from the Unions. No input from opposition parties. No input even from his Cabinet colleagues. He's a very dangerous narcissist.......for those of us who can see beyond his :clown act.

He's just blustered and waffled through a broadcast of his own utter confusion; at a time when all people require is further clarity and confidence; if only for their own wellbeing.
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Mon May 11, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I'm not missing the point, if the govt have not yet said what the rules are for a safe workplace (evidence?) Then workplaces cannot safely open.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Beradogs wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:24 pm Well that was the stupidest speech I ever bothered listening too. How can you increase fines but actively tell people to go to work? Why must you go to work but you must not see your friends and family ? You have to accept hanging out with colleagues who may have Covid and not tell you versus your friends and family who would tell you that they have it or not .

And stay alert ? Alert for what ? To duck when I see Covid 19 lurking on my work desk ??? Or it walking down the street ??

He is basically shifting the blame to us now. Cases go up we we’re not alert enough.
Exactly this.

It's all about the optics - it matter far more to this lot what they look like - deflect blame, downplay bad news (like human beings dying), big up the positives (like counting a pair of gloves as 2 items). For god's sake be positive.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »