Carl Fletcher

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Carl Fletcher

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

LittleMate wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:33 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm Ok, it was Judd I saw on the highlights, doing the same as what Ling usually does. This just proves to me that Orient need a right back urgently. I’ve been saying it for over a year. Not only that, they need a new coaching set up.
Clearly did not attend the game if you only have the highlights to refer to.

I said to a pal on Saturday that Ling picked a good game to dodge. Judd was up against a real live wire and he was well supported. When his man got take off on about 65 their fans clearly disapproved and Judd then showed menace getting forward.

As for needing a right back, left back or anyone - the new man will judge that and nobody on here.
Perfect analysis.

Their 25 was a right handful and would have torn Ling apart with his pace. The left back was ridiculously quick too.

Could t believe when they took him off, properly done us a favour.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm Kent trying to sell it to the fans today on Twitter.
Expand. Don’t do Twitter.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Wow 10 pages of mostly ill informed conjecture, must be some kind of record, only childish spats go on longer.

Mikero
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Mikero wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm Wow 10 pages of mostly ill informed conjecture, must be some kind of record, only childish spats go on longer.

Mikero
All I’ll informed conjecture probably. Mine definitely fits that description.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm Kent trying to sell it to the fans today on Twitter.
He just tweeted

most important objective is promotion to League 1. I believe this is something #OurClub must both deserve & achieve. We are planning for & working toward League 1 over the next 3-4 years. Deserving & achieving applies to the entire Club. #UpTheOs

Earlier

When #LOFC first considered Justin, we were hesitant. When he first considered #OurClub, he was hesitant. When he was appointed we were both cautious & optimistic. The more we all got to know each other, the more we knew it was perfect. But at appointment time fans had questions
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 pm
He just tweeted

most important objective is promotion to League 1. I believe this is something #OurClub must both deserve & achieve. We are planning for & working toward League 1 over the next 3-4 years. Deserving & achieving applies to the entire Club. #UpTheOs

Earlier

When #LOFC first considered Justin, we were hesitant. When he first considered #OurClub, he was hesitant. When he was appointed we were both cautious & optimistic. The more we all got to know each other, the more we knew it was perfect. But at appointment time fans had questions
I have to disagree with Kent there. At the time of Justin's appointment I don't remember much pushback at all. In fact, as I remember it, we were all pretty positive that the club had made an excellent appointment.
Rambling Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Rambling Man »

I have taken my full 43 years experience of shouting at footballers to this problem and weighed all the issues. I have never heard of this guy and he's never won anything as a manager. He must be cr*p.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Eat The Rich wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:27 pm

He just tweeted

Earlier

I have to disagree with Kent there. At the time of Justin's appointment I don't remember much pushback at all. In fact, as I remember it, we were all pretty positive that the club had made an excellent appointment.
I make you right. Lots of people suggesting Edinburgh beforeit was announced and, other than a handful of exceptions who whine about anything and everything, the majority of people were fully supportive of his appointment....

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leytono ... 23740.html
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

He just tweeted

Earlier

I can’t remember there being much against his appointment either. Especially after Davies.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 pm

He just tweeted

Earlier

I make you right. Lots of people suggesting Edinburgh beforeit was announced and, other than a handful of exceptions who whine about anything and everything, the majority of people were fully supportive of his appointment....

Just read through this and by our forum standards the vast majority of comments are positive. I think Teague is trying to rewrite history in a manner defensive of the current new manager. Kent is plain wrong.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm Ok, it was Judd I saw on the highlights, doing the same as what Ling usually does. This just proves to me that Orient need a right back urgently. I’ve been saying it for over a year. Not only that, they need a new coaching set up.

I said to a pal on Saturday that Ling picked a good game to dodge. Judd was up against a real live wire and he was well supported. When his man got take off on about 65 their fans clearly disapproved and Judd then showed menace getting forward.

As for needing a right back, left back or anyone - the new man will judge that and nobody on here.
Perfect analysis.

Their 25 was a right handful and would have torn Ling apart with his pace. The left back was ridiculously quick too.

Could t believe when they took him off, properly done us a favour.
Their number 25, Wes McDonald was dangerous every time he came forward . You wasn't the only one pleased to see him subbed off .
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Till today I still can’t work out why he was taken off. I thought he was their best player and possibly the best left winger I’ve seen this season at our level so far. The chorus of boos that went up spoke volumes about the managers decision. Overall I thought Judd did well against him.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Thor wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:20 am

Till today I still can’t work out why he was taken off. I thought he was their best player and possibly the best left winger I’ve seen this season at our level so far. The chorus of boos that went up spoke volumes about the managers decision. Overall I thought Judd did well against him.
I thought Judd did well overall. Maybe why he was taken off, unless he was carrying an injury.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:04 am

I thought Judd did well overall. Maybe why he was taken off, unless he was carrying an injury.
Shame Judd didnt stop the cross that led to the goal
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:17 am

Crosses come in. Full backs won’t stop everyone. Same for the England full backs against a dominated Bulgaria, they too managed to get crosses in. I thought the Walsall move leading up to the cross was quite good. Though the defending and goalkeeping once the ball came across was poor.

Considering Judd was ring rusty, and I feel he was protected a great deal, not getting the ball very much at times, he did OK.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 am

Crosses come in. Full backs won’t stop everyone. Same for the England full backs against a dominated Bulgaria, they too managed to get crosses in. I thought the Walsall move leading up to the cross was quite good. Though the defending and goalkeeping once the ball came across was poor.

Considering Judd was ring rusty, and I feel he was protected a great deal, not getting the ball very much at times, he did OK.
Unfair Doh

Ling has been blamed for not blocking crosses all season
Even some that came from the opposite wing.

Let's have some consistency here please !!
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

If Ling had performed as Judd did (ie okay, but getting done a couple of times) he would have been slaughtered on here.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 pm

He just tweeted

Earlier

Some quality stuff on there, particularly from Poundhill and Smiley Culture. Great banter from Spen thrown in there was well.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:47 am

Unfair Doh

My comments regarding Ling and Judd generally revolve around Judd not getting a fair go despite some fairly average performances from Ling. I’ve said before I don’t know how we can judge who is the better when Ling gets game time and Judd gets bit parts.

My main opinions of Ling have been his apparent lack of desire to get really involved, holding back far too much, invisible, not taking responsibility whereas Judd often is the reverse, he tends to jump in, sometimes a bit rash, but gets involved.

Judd without doubt was ring rusty on Saturday and came up against a decent player, yet did OK in the main. Nothing sensational but OK. But as soon as Ling is fit he will be back in the team no doubt.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:02 am

Unfair Doh

My comments regarding Ling and Judd generally revolve around Judd not getting a fair go despite some fairly average performances from Ling. I’ve said before I don’t know how we can judge who is the better when Ling gets game time and Judd gets bit parts.

My main opinions of Ling have been his apparent lack of desire to get really involved, holding back far too much, invisible, not taking responsibility whereas Judd often is the reverse, he tends to jump in, sometimes a bit rash, but gets involved.

Judd without doubt was ring rusty on Saturday and came up against a decent player, yet did OK in the main. Nothing sensational but OK. But as soon as Ling is fit he will be back in the team no doubt.

Totally agree, hopefully the new Manager will not be swayed with close links to the DOF and give Judd a fair crack of the whip as he has so clearly been denied.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Agree with poundhill, it should always be on merit and I’m not knocking ling here he has had a better season than the last one. Let form and class be the teller of who is better, a fair playing field and no one can complain.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Unfair Doh

So are you saying Ling was a loose cannon ?
Picking himself in the team then doing stuff that JE last season didnt want him to do or RE this year ?

Football is not about our opinions its about opinions of those who are in the positions they are in.

The people who see him every week see him as the better player .

When the new man comes in then we will see who gets the nod.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:37 am

Unfair Doh

So are you saying Ling was a loose cannon ?
Picking himself in the team then doing stuff that JE last season didnt want him to do or RE this year ?

Football is not about our opinions its about opinions of those who are in the positions they are in.

The people who see him every week see him as the better player .

When the new man comes in then we will see who gets the nod.
Ironically, having seen Ekpiteta playing RB, only 1 game I know, I’d consider him a contender too.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Were you one of the 40 that applied Doh ?

Ah well neva mind , its always upto others .

Personally id never have sold Laurie Cunningham or John Chiedozie , but i dont know how desperately that money was needed from watching 90 minutes of football every week , just as i cant gauge a player, his intelligence his team ethic by watching 90 minutes of football.

I know i criticised Hendon & my reasoning for that was because he failed in his public statement of intent.

" I AM HERE TO WIN THE LEAGUE "

After an initial great start he slipped to mediocrity, which is what i expected after seeing as his previous roles suggested he would .

Whoever is in charge will get my vote as long as he backs up his words.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Unfair Doh

Ha ha, you absolute clown. :lol:

For the goal, Judd is tight to his man. The 25 plays the ball into space for the left back on the overlap. Wilkinson just lets his man run. Judd does at least try to go with him and apply some pressure. When the cross comes in, Judd does get back in and is covering - unsuccessfully, along with Wright and Coulson - when the shot goes in. I don't know what else you could expect him to do.

Blaming Judd for that shows either your dislike of him as a player (or person), or your love of Sam Ling.