ABANDONED GAME

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Re: ABANDONED GAME

Post by WickfordO »

Perhaps the EFL are waiting for how FA cup games go or to see if Orient are drawn at home to Lincoln so that they can kill two birds with one stone.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

😆
CEB

Post by CEB »

CEB wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:35 pm The certainty of some on this thread is bizarre.

If I had to bet, I’d say a full replay announced once the dust has settled around the incident and the emotion can be taken out of it is probably most likely, since it’s an outcome that wouldn’t be particularly unfair on anyone. But the other potential outcomes (fulfil the last few minutes of the game, or consider the match complete) both seem plausible

*examines back of fingernails* oh what? I was right again? This is getting boring now
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

CEB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:47 pm
CEB wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:35 pm The certainty of some on this thread is bizarre.

If I had to bet, I’d say a full replay announced once the dust has settled around the incident and the emotion can be taken out of it is probably most likely, since it’s an outcome that wouldn’t be particularly unfair on anyone. But the other potential outcomes (fulfil the last few minutes of the game, or consider the match complete) both seem plausible

*examines back of fingernails* oh what? I was right again? This is getting boring now
So you presented a bunch a possible outcomes and one of them was right. Well done you.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Having suggested three possible outcomes, you've really surpassed your soothsaying given that one of them did indeed happen.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

O-no quicker off the mark.
CEB

Post by CEB »

That’s a strange way of saying “bloody hell, right again. Three cheers for CEB!”
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

A man died, stop being disrespectful.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Do you think it’s possible you might have misread the tone of my initial post, and that it’s actually possible that I wasn’t actually seeking kudos for successfully predicting that the game would be replayed?

:roll:
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

EFL once again show themselves up for the shambles of the organisation they are
CEB

Post by CEB »

How so? It’s not a particularly controversial decision, really. There’s no “everyone is happy” outcome
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

It was always going to be replayed, I just dont get how it took them nearly two weeks to come to that conclusion .
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

CEB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:01 pm Do you think it’s possible you might have misread the tone of my initial post, and that it’s actually possible that I wasn’t actually seeking kudos for successfully predicting that the game would be replayed?

Do you think you might have misread the tone of mine?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

banqo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:15 pm It was always going to be replayed, I just dont get how it took them nearly two weeks to come to that conclusion .
But if they'd announced it too soon, people would be saying THAT was disrespectful and they'd rushed a decision. 100% disagree that the EFL are a shambles and generally unfit for purpose but people's reactions to this are getting a bit odd.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Bear in mind this is the same organisation that said they were "protecting sporting integrity" by making Orient and Colchester have a 10 minute walk about after the Beelzebub protests to ensure they got their win 🙄
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

gshaw wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:41 pm Bear in mind this is the same organisation that said they were "protecting sporting integrity" by making Orient and Colchester have a 10 minute walk about after the Beelzebub protests to ensure they got their win 🙄
Exactly. Integrity, my arse. Also protocols my arse.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Really odd.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:35 pm
CEB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:01 pm Do you think it’s possible you might have misread the tone of my initial post, and that it’s actually possible that I wasn’t actually seeking kudos for successfully predicting that the game would be replayed?

Do you think you might have misread the tone of mine?

Nope. Now must dash - game day.