People Are Quick to Hijack A Protest

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: People Are Quick to Hijack A Protest

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

PoliticOs wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:24 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jan 17, 1975 11:38 am
PoliticOs wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:23 pm 2) White people supporting white businesses because they are white would only be a response to the above. Although white people face many similar challenges that halts prosperity, class being one - it isn't because of their race.
Many white people would disagree with you on that one. You’re making the mistake of bunching white people together as if they’re one homogeneous group. There’s massive differences between different subcultures of white people, just like there is between black people, Asians and so on.

No demographic has been shafted more over the past couple of decades than the white working class, but they’re absolutely fair game for progressive types because they’re white, obviously.

Thank you for telling everyone on this board how much power and privilege they have though. I’ll forward your message on to the Deliveroo drivers and Sports Direct employees in Barnsley and Hartlepool who I know, sure they’ll really appreciate your kind words.
Many would disagree with me, I definitely agree with you there.

Well what sort of reason would a white person in the UK to decide to only shop white and not be as a response to the example I gave before OR because of being an outright bigot? Why else would it be?

Not sure your last sentence is particularly rational to what is being said. Why do you include those examples? A white Sports Direct employee in Barnsley will be getting screwed over for many reasons and be at serious disadvantages, but is race one of them?
How many apprentice and vocational schemes have been set up for BAME people and women over the last few years? A fair number.

Young white people (particularly men) from deprived areas lack the backing that BAME communities get from the media and charities for improving their prospects. Given that these projects explicitly exclude white people, then yes they their race is a factor in them being disadvantaged.

In any case identity politics is a load of nonsense and we need to stop using labels and groups to define people ASAP
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jan 17, 1975 11:38 am

Many white people would disagree with you on that one. You’re making the mistake of bunching white people together as if they’re one homogeneous group. There’s massive differences between different subcultures of white people, just like there is between black people, Asians and so on.

No demographic has been shafted more over the past couple of decades than the white working class, but they’re absolutely fair game for progressive types because they’re white, obviously.

Thank you for telling everyone on this board how much power and privilege they have though. I’ll forward your message on to the Deliveroo drivers and Sports Direct employees in Barnsley and Hartlepool who I know, sure they’ll really appreciate your kind words.

Well what sort of reason would a white person in the UK to decide to only shop white and not be as a response to the example I gave before OR because of being an outright bigot? Why else would it be?

Not sure your last sentence is particularly rational to what is being said. Why do you include those examples? A white Sports Direct employee in Barnsley will be getting screwed over for many reasons and be at serious disadvantages, but is race one of them?
How many apprentice and vocational schemes have been set up for BAME people and women over the last few years? A fair number.

Young white people (particularly men) from deprived areas lack the backing that BAME communities get from the media and charities for improving their prospects. Given that these projects explicitly exclude white people, then yes they their race is a factor in them being disadvantaged.

In any case identity politics is a load of nonsense and we need to stop using labels and groups to define people ASAP
Why have those things been set up?

I'm in full agreement there needs to be better options for young working class people in deprived areas of the UK, 100% with you.

On my question though about supporting white businesses, which was the topic. When would a white person choosing to only support white businesses in the UK (due to them being white) be for non-bigoted reasons?

Identity politics is just used as an insult now, like 'do-gooder'. Would you not say identity politics has enhanced the lives of the people it represents in many (but not enough) places?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 am In any case identity politics is a load of nonsense and we need to stop using labels and groups to define people ASAP
Tell that to the Alt-Right - who target anyone who happens to be a Muslim.

Tell that to racist spokesmen such as Farage - about Europeans who simply come here to work (in jobs that English don't want to do).

Tell that to the Tory Govt. in relation to the people of Windrush.

I could go on.

The sheer hypocrisy of Right-wingers is truly staggering.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

PoliticOs wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:24 am

I'm in full agreement there needs to be better options for young working class people in deprived areas of the UK, 100% with you.

On my question though about supporting white businesses, which was the topic. When would a white person choosing to only support white businesses in the UK (due to them being white) be for non-bigoted reasons?

Identity politics is just used as an insult now, like 'do-gooder'. Would you not say identity politics has enhanced the lives of the people it represents in many (but not enough) places?
Clearly they were set up to give them more opportunities, not denying that. There’s now a section of white people who are not afforded the same opportunities because these things were set up and targeted BAME people. I’ve no doubt it wasn’t the intention to discriminate against white people because of their race, but that’s what’s ended up happening.

I never spoke about white people supporting white businesses. The question is so broad that I can only answer with “it depends”

And no, I wouldn’t say That about identity politics at all
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 am In any case identity politics is a load of nonsense and we need to stop using labels and groups to define people ASAP

Tell that to racist spokesmen such as Farage - about Europeans who simply come here to work (in jobs that English don't want to do).

I could go on.

Well yeah, obviously the right use identity politics to their own means as well and that’s also bad. Don’t think I’ve said otherwise.

I’m not a right winger btw :)
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Clearly they were set up to give them more opportunities, not denying that. There’s now a section of white people who are not afforded the same opportunities because these things were set up and targeted BAME people. I’ve no doubt it wasn’t the intention to discriminate against white people because of their race, but that’s what’s ended up happening.

I never spoke about white people supporting white businesses. The question is so broad that I can only answer with “it depends”

Yes, but in response to, right? They weren't set up to give an unfair advantage but to plug a gap.
However, there ARE gaps for working class people and that is why there needs to be more work done and more specific schemes to achieve this. Completely agreed with you there, but still, their disadvantage isn't race for the issue itself, which isn't the example you are giving in response.

You did speak about white people supporting white businesses, it was your first response to me. I'd be genuinely intrigued if you can find a reason that works for any white person to decide, in the UK, to only start supporting white businesses and it not to be bigoted or in response to black people/BAME only supporting black/BAME owned businesses as a response. I did say it would make sense if it was an 'only working class' thing, but not sure how it can work white to white.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Isn't this BAME working class people get more than white working class people the same old fighting over the crumbs from the rich man's table scenario?

The real issue is to fight for proper opportunities in work and education for all working class people irrespective of their ethnic origin.

To argue as you do MS, presumably to bait leftists, is to promote the ideology of the race hate brigade who want to create division amongst workers. It's an old fascist argument.

So my question is are you trolling leftists or are you a Nazi?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Identity politics is just used as an insult now, like 'do-gooder'.
Also like 'racist', 'right winger' and 'nazi'.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 pm
Very unlike that. If those labels fit then use them.

Calling someone a right winger is no more of an insult than calling someone a left winger. So that ones a fail. Please try harder.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoliticOs »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 pm
Almost impressed by how little you try to hide it.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Scotland getting in on the act, graffing a statue of Robert The Bruce calling him racist. A man born in 1274

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/robert ... n-graffiti
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 am Scotland getting in on the act, graffing a statue of Robert The Bruce calling him racist. A man born in 1274

If it were the pro-spider people, I could understand it
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

o-no wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:27 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:20 am Scotland getting in on the act, graffing a statue of Robert The Bruce calling him racist. A man born in 1274

:lol:
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Black widow lives matter
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Eh? He didn't harm the spider he watched it and admired its tenacity. Allegedly.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Celtient wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 am

Eh? He didn't harm the spider he watched it and admired its tenacity. Allegedly.
Poor wee thing must have been terrified.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:07 am

Black widow lives matter
Fantastic.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Right wing thread was closed down after 3 pages

The thread that isnt listed as a right wing view of the protest
thread is upto 8 pages .

Strange .
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

NuneatonO's wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:49 am

I could go on.

You don't like being English, male and white do you, your open door policy for economic migrants drives down opportunity and wages, you want an un elected parliament to control us, take our money and gradual turn us into left wing automatons. Buy yourself a bottle of sun tan oil and complete the incarnation to what you truly want to be
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

:o :~
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Erm... :~
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Come on people, can't you see what you've become?

Expending all this energy attacking each other when we all know the real enemy is Embleton and Ling