Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Tory Watch

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm
Mikero wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:17 pm Bless.

Mikero
Indeed. Though do I give a toss? Noooooooooooooooo.

I’ve long since given up taking note of biased idiots. Water off a ducks back. If people choose to look at life though strong bias that’s up to them.

I’m happy to take a view on what I see. Right or wrong, no based on preconceived ideology or misplaced political ideals.
Wow. We're lucky to have such a balanced and fair individual like you on this board. So I'm sure you won't mind if I ask you to describe all the good things that this government has done during this crisis. I look forward to your response.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Wow. We're lucky to have such a balanced and fair individual like you on this board. So I'm sure you won't mind if I ask you to describe all the good things that this government has done during this crisis. I look forward to your response.
Haven't you been paying attention to all the different threads, it's perfectly clear - this government's principal (indeed only) good thing done during this crisis has been - - - not being Corbyn.

Now let's move on.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

StillSpike wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Haven't you been paying attention to all the different threads, it's perfectly clear - this government's principal (indeed only) good thing done during this crisis has been - - - not being Corbyn.

Now let's move on.
Oh c'mon. I'm betting Dohnut can reel off a long list of superlative actions taken by this government. If not, why would he be trying to defend them all the bloody time?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Now let's move on.
Oh c'mon. I'm betting Dohnut can reel off a long list of superlative actions taken by this government. If not, why would he be trying to defend them all the bloody time?
Defending the Government? Get a grip. I’m the first to say mistakes have been made and with a daughter returning to teach in school on Monday I’m fecking worried about it being too soon. And with a sister in a nursing home I’m not overly impressed in that area either.

But I do look at what’s happening In the U.K. around the world and the U.K. is not a million miles away from the general, global, solutions to this issue. Lots of Governments doing what they can with naff all knowledge of something that is completely unknown in our times. Does that make me more tolerant, probably. Realistic, absolutely. Party political, no, in my opinion an absolutely stupid position to take right now but one adopted by morons.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Now let's move on.
Defending the Government? Get a grip. I’m the first to say mistakes have been made and with a daughter returning to teach in school on Monday I’m fecking worried about it being too soon. And with a sister in a nursing home I’m not overly impressed in that area either.

But I do look at what’s happening In the U.K. around the world and the U.K. is not a million miles away from the general, global, solutions to this issue. Lots of Governments doing what they can with naff all knowledge of something that is completely unknown in our times. Does that make me more tolerant, probably. Realistic, absolutely. Party political, no, in my opinion an absolutely stupid position to take right now but one adopted by morons.
So no list then. I'm disappointed, but hardly surprised. I can reel off lots of this governments feck ups, theirs alone. I can also talk about many other governments that have done way, way better than ours. I thought it only fair to let you explain why you aren't heavily criticising this government and, dare I say it, looking to deflect blame from them. The floors all yours. Educate us.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:07 pm

So no list then. I'm disappointed, but hardly surprised. I can reel off lots of this governments feck ups, theirs alone. I can also talk about many other governments that have done way, way better than ours. I thought it only fair to let you explain why you aren't heavily criticising this government and, dare I say it, looking to deflect blame from them. The floors all yours. Educate us.
Those with a closed mind will never learn. Why waste my energy, you have made up your mind already. I do suggest you research what is happening around the world. Illuminating.

But you will only see what you want to see. What’s the saying, none so blind as those who don’t want to see.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Those with a closed mind will never learn. Why waste my energy, you have made up your mind already. I do suggest you research what is happening around the world. Illuminating.

But you will only see what you want to see. What’s the saying, none so blind as those who don’t want to see.
I knew you'd bottle it.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:23 pm

I knew you'd bottle it.
Just like I knew you would not understand. Like I said already. Why would I waste my time on the likes of you! Closed minded.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:35 pm

I knew you'd bottle it.
Just like I knew you would not understand. Like I said already. Why would I waste my time on the likes of you! Closed minded.
Bottle job. Name the Tory successes during the crisis then, you big bag of wind. Go on, put me straight.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:35 pm Just like I knew you would not understand. Like I said already. Why would I waste my time on the likes of you! Closed minded.
Do you realise that you've continually got a worse defence than Stevenage?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 pm

I knew you'd bottle it.
Bottle job. Name the Tory successes during the crisis then, you big bag of wind. Go on, put me straight.
One of the biggest Tory sucesses has been to make Cummings the story and then for Cummings bizarre stories to become the media narrative.

Meanwhile, upwards of 70,000 die in the UK and Lockdown is eased in the face of opposition from the scientists.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

I knew you'd bottle it.
Answer his question.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The gap is closing

Election won in December

Lead dissapears by June .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

HeyO wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:56 pm

I knew you'd bottle it.
Answer his question.
No point, would be a waste of time.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:25 am

The gap is closing

Election won in December

Lead dissapears by June .
The gap will close further. I would expect Starmer at some point to overtake Johnson in the polls. But Boris is under no real pressure given his majority. He will still be around in 4 years when the real battle for votes start.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Tory poll lead collapses as voters say Cummings should go

More than two-thirds of voters want Dominic Cummings sacked and Tory lead over Labour plummets

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -should-go

Johnson and his Circus of :clown :clown :clown really aren't doing very well, are they?

Let's be honest, their lazy, lying, privileged Etonian Spaffer is finally being found out for what he truly is.

Abraham Lincolns' quote has never been more poignant:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 am

Answer his question.
Have a go.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mikero

I’ve long since given up taking note of biased idiots. Water off a ducks back. If people choose to look at life though strong bias that’s up to them.

I’m happy to take a view on what I see. Right or wrong, no based on preconceived ideology or misplaced political ideals.
What is the psychology at play here?

Why do those on the left know they’re of the left, but so many of the right believe themselves to be ‘in the middle’?

Is it that guilt thing again?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:43 am

Mikero

What is the psychology at play here?

Why do those on the left know they’re of the left, but so many of the right believe themselves to be ‘in the middle’?

Is it that guilt thing again?
They can’t admit they are fascists.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

2154492B-0517-45AF-BCD1-A8FD48CDA0AE.jpeg
2154492B-0517-45AF-BCD1-A8FD48CDA0AE.jpeg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 542 times
NuneatonO's wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:51 am Tory poll lead collapses as voters say Cummings should go

More than two-thirds of voters want Dominic Cummings sacked and Tory lead over Labour plummets

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -should-go

Johnson and his Circus of :clown :clown :clown really aren't doing very well, are they?

Let's be honest, their lazy, lying, privileged Etonian Spaffer is finally being found out for what he truly is.

Abraham Lincolns' quote has never been more poignant:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 am

Answer his question.
Always best to stay quiet if you have nothing to say. Better luck next time, windy.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Raab on Marr, not even trying to hide that the economy and his parties reputation is higher priority than public health...

“What we really want to avoid is any re-entering of the lockdown,” he told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show. “If we had a second spike, in the way you’ve described, it would obviously be bad on public health grounds, but it would be bad for the economy, and I think it would be bad for public confidence.”
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:57 am Raab on Marr, not even trying to hide that the economy and his parties reputation is higher priority than public health...

“What we really want to avoid is any re-entering of the lockdown,” he told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show. “If we had a second spike, in the way you’ve described, it would obviously be bad on public health grounds, but it would be bad for the economy, and I think it would be bad for public confidence.”
Raab me blind.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:57 am Raab on Marr, not even trying to hide that the economy and his parties reputation is higher priority than public health...

The real issue they have is that they realise if the economy is destroyed, the effects on people’s well-being could be catastrophic and very long lasting. Their choice is choosing the least damaging route. There is no good option. No magic bullet. There never has been, just a damage limitation process that the Government have not always got it right.

I have no idea what is right, I look around at other countries who generally appear to be taking a similar softy softly approach. I have no issue with the approach, only the timing.

As for the media. They are arseholes more interested in digging up controversial stories for their own interests, trying to look smart, rather than honest open journalism.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:17 pm

The real issue they have is that they realise if the economy is destroyed, the effects on people’s well-being could be catastrophic and very long lasting. Their choice is choosing the least damaging route. There is no good option. No magic bullet. There never has been, just a damage limitation process that the Government have not always got it right.

I have no idea what is right, I look around at other countries who generally appear to be taking a similar softy softly approach. I have no issue with the approach, only the timing.

As for the media. They are arseholes more interested in digging up controversial stories for their own interests, trying to look smart, rather than honest open journalism.
I’d say the real issue is sixty thousand dead people.

That’s 1 in every 1,000 people. Now dead. And it’s still rising.