To Serve and Protect

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: To Serve and Protect

Post by Dohnut »

Gary's Big Brother wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:29 am
Gary the Plumber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am What?

Bruv, can you translate for me please?
I don't think anyone can least of all me but I think he's probably calling you the cee word or something. He seems very angry about something.
Not angry at all. Just want an answer. Not complex.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:27 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am What?

Bruv, can you translate for me please?
I don't think anyone can least of all me but I think he's probably calling you the cee word or something. He seems very angry about something.
Why do you need an answer ,I missed the question hidden in that Angry rant also .
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Why do you need an answer ,I missed the question hidden in that Angry rant also .
I don’t need an answer, you have troll back to get the history. I would like one, I don’t expect to get one. Really aimed at Max who has gone all quiet. So I have my answer all the same. Others, just posters trying to be clever, but remain unimportant.

No big deal. I’m cool with it.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

You seem more angry than cool.

What is the question you have asked? It's difficult to follow your outbursts.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm

I don’t need an answer, you have troll back to get the history. I would like one, I don’t expect to get one. Really aimed at Max who has gone all quiet. So I have my answer all the same. Others, just posters trying to be clever, but remain unimportant.

:lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm

I log back in to answer your question only to find that not only do you not need an answer, don't care about it but have it already, so I'm not going to bother answering. Stay cool.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Blimey. I only made a comment.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Dunners wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 pm Blimey. I only made a comment.
And a good one too. But not a popular one. Not aligned to the general anti brigade.

I’ve moved on.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm
CEB wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 am Sorry to post mail link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arred.html

This guy was in several of my classes at school, was in my school football team & walked my route to school. You know the question “were you bullied at school?”. Yep, by him. Lots of subtle ways, and he turned on the charm when it suited.
Two particular memories -

one: December in year 9, when walking to school with my friend, him, and two girls from Green School, I gave out Christmas cards - when I gave Paul his, he ripped it up in front of everyone and laughed while saying “why the f*** would I want anything from you?”
two: in year 10, I won player of the year for our school football team. I was over the moon. He immediately told me that I’d got it because I’d got a bit less sh*t, not because I was any good, and that I was still sh*t.

Sorry to make it about me, but this case has f***ed me right off because from the age of 14 it was possible to identify this bloke as a nasty piece of work who liked to abuse power and charm his way out of any sh*t. There’s no way that this wasn’t preventable.
The bullying does stick in your mind through life indeed.
Do you remember the feeling of total vented up frustration and anger that you get feeling you want to defend yourself but knowing you cannot physically do it and too afraid to try it verbally? I kind of managed to avoid most bullying as I was quite tall for my age. However when I was 16 I saved up for a second hand FS1E Moped as it cost small fortune to get to school by bus (and I wanted to emulate The Fonz)
This ex Schoolboy couple years older long expelled used to hang around the school, you know the type , wasters expelled now 19 idler just trying to continue his bullying as all he had. He was think and lanky about 6’5’ and came up to me demanding my keys to my treasured Yamaha. He was with two other 5hite bags. I told him I wasn’t handing them over despite threats of a major bashing up. No way. Surprisingly , he backed down and said he would be back another time.

About 15 years later , 6’2” and well built 18 stone, I saw this clown walking down the high road on his own. All that rage and anger came back, I was mad as hell. I spun my car around, leapt out and took him by surprise, said ‘You still want my keys, try take them now come on get them now’

His response was pitiful, looked terrified, even half apologised. I got back in my car and went but release my negative feelings after all those years. I almost felt guilty terrifying him.

To be honest - and it’s why the story rings true in terms of the gaslighting element - what I remember most is doubting myself as to whether or not I was actually being bullied. What’s been quite interesting in recent weeks is, as a few old school friends have been discussing it quietly behind the scenes, there are a couple of people who found him similar to my overall experience (and one old friend who said that when we were kids, despite him having girlfriends, most girls who knew him found him creepy and slimy as hell and would avoid ever being alone with him) 6-7 old school friends have been, quite genuinely, amazed, and said “never would have thought it of him”.
What I remember most, more than outrage or frustration at the time, is being really ashamed of myself as I was into my mid-teens for the fact that I’d often laugh along and make excuses for him, because I’d got myself into a mindset where I felt less embarrassed about being bullied/humiliated if I made a pathetic attempt to pretend to be in on the joke, than by outing myself as a victim. It’s kind of like a self perpetuating thing - when you’re ashamed and embarrassed of the fact you’re being bullied, you pretty much make yourself a safer target for being bullied.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Basically, if a bully can not just bully you, but make you feel ashamed of yourself for being the type of person who can be bullied, then they have got you.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:09 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 pm Blimey. I only made a comment.
And a good one too. But not a popular one. Not aligned to the general anti brigade.

I’ve moved on.
If only you would.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

A 2nd child strip searched by those in Blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61523291
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... arch-child

Another child strip searched. WTF.

This police force is out of control.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

They just don't know when to admit they are wrong.

I recall this was the demonstration where they battered women protesting about a woman who had been murdered by a policeman.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-62426889

Don't understand how this isn't a bigger story.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The 93-year-old, who had dementia and one leg, was said to be threatening staff with a knife on 21 June.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Sitting in his wheelchair in his room, absolutely no need to do anything other than wait.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Mental

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ssida-willy

The whole case is a tangled web of lies. There must be some serious people involved in dodgy dealings that the truth will probably never come out
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Drill artist shot dead after police chase

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62810454
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

This is shocking. Copied from tonights BBC News website:-
A police force has apologised to an 81-year-old man who was injured while being arrested after an officer "mistakenly" went to his address and looked through his window.

Police said Malcolm Emery initially approached them with a wooden implement outside his home in Potton, Bedfordshire, at 05:00 BST on Friday.

Bedfordshire Police has now concluded he should face no further action.

The force has referred itself to the police watchdog.

Mr Emery said he was watching TV when he saw a face looking through his window.

He told the BBC he went to see what was happening and grabbed the "dog walking stick" because "I didn't know what I was going to be confronted with".

Mr Emery said he had gone outside and ended up being handcuffed and arrested by the officers, causing injuries to his wrists and arms.

He had initially been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker when one of the officers received a cut to her face in what the force said was "an altercation" as officers walked away from the address.

'Never been frightened until now'
The pensioner said two police officers handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police van.

"They bunged me in there handcuffed, oh dear it hurt," he said.

"How can you imagine police doing that? They ripped my bloody arms about. I couldn't make out what was going on."

Mr Emery said he ended up badly bruised and had to go to hospital for treatment.

He added the stick was "down by my side at all times" and the officers "never tried" to take it off him.

"I went out with the stick because there was somebody looking through my window," he said.

"I've never been frightened in my life until now."

The force has already said it was conducting an internal review and had referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) for "full openness and transparency".
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63164818

Will they ever get them all gone ?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:36 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63164818

No, I'd say it's an impossible task. I also suspect the percentage of racism across all of society is still shockingly high
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:53 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:36 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63164818

No, I'd say it's an impossible task. I also suspect the percentage of racism across all of society is still shockingly high
What about the non racist law breaking
Serve to protect gang ?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:57 pm
Adz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:53 pm

What about the non racist law breaking
Serve to protect gang ?
Again I'd go for no. Corruption is found through all industries in society, and power multiplies that.