Johnson v Corbyn

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Johnson v Corbyn

Post by Thor »

That actually did cross my mind, but his other words suggested he was a labour supporter.

We all know this is a left leaning board, no problem with that as debate and differing views are good and healthy. However, there are people on here who've said I'm a labour supporter but I can't vote for Corbyn cos of his views or policies or whatever. These people do exist.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm I was listening to LBC yesterday afternoon and a caller who said he was lifelong labour supporter said he could not vote for Corbyn as his policies would destroy this country. Whilst he did not like Boris, he said he would be voting for him as he was the lesser of the two evils. He went on to say that he'd never imagined he would vote tory in his life, but felt it was the only sensible option due to the damage Corbyn and the labour party would to the country.

Quite a telling call.
I always find that the kind of people who phone in to radio shows are definitely worth listening to.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:58 am
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am

I was referring to just that bit. You need to look elsewhere and get the real picture. :clown
Pray enlighten me as to what the "real picture" is Tory Boy.
Not possible for those who choose not see. Already said that. As for Tory Boy.bloody hell Ive been criticised for being a massive fan of Blair and have in fact voted Labour more often than Tory. But there is no way ever I would vote for Corbyn. So Bojo is sadly the lesser of two idiots.
Exactly the type of voter that Boris is relying on. Well done on putting personality over policy.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm I was listening to LBC yesterday afternoon and a caller who said he was lifelong labour supporter said he could not vote for Corbyn as his policies would destroy this country. Whilst he did not like Boris, he said he would be voting for him as he was the lesser of the two evils. He went on to say that he'd never imagined he would vote tory in his life, but felt it was the only sensible option due to the damage Corbyn and the labour party would to the country.

Quite a telling call.
When people come out with this kind of thing, I like the host of the show to challenge them. Often they cant explain themselves very well if you do

I would have asked the caller what he/she meant by 'destroy' the country

Then i would have asked which policies of Labour would bring about that destroyed state

then i would have said, Havent the Tories already destroyed the country in the last 9 years?

most of these people just come out with soundbytes...when you challenge them, they often show themselves as thick and ignorant
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 pm
We all know this is a left leaning board
:lol:
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Us lefties are increasingly in the minority on this board nowadays.
Booba
Fresh Alias

Post by Booba »

Corbyn lied too, he said he wanted to listen to what the people wanted....sorry but did I imagine or did the people vote to leave!!!!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yeah nice one booba! Those pesky lefties would have got away with that one if it wasn't for people like you!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Booba wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:18 pm Corbyn lied too, he said he wanted to listen to what the people wanted....sorry but did I imagine or did the people vote to leave!!!!
I wanted to leave. I didn’t want a no deal or this hard Brexit deal Johnson is trying to force on us - nobody voted for that.
TrickorTreat
Fresh Alias

Post by TrickorTreat »

Possibly the worst two political leaders in the last 100 years