Ruel gone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Qin
Fresh Alias

Re: Ruel gone

Post by Qin »

After mulling over this news for a couple of hours, my view is this is another sub standard Ling transfer. A cheap option.
Perkins is a poor replacement for Ruel.
I hope Perkins proves me wrong, but I'm bitterly disappointed in this acquisition
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Perkins has to be the replacement for Edwards.

No way is he Ruels replacement….
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Highwood Man wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:10 pm Ruel has always struck me as the sort of guy who is good when he doesn't have time to think about anything. The ball comes to him, he gets off a shot and sometimes scores. The more time he has, the worse he is. Charges off down blind alleys, fails to pick the right pass, first touch not great, generally zero threat in the air. One of the most frustrating players I have seen in over 40 years of supporting the Orient.
This is spot on.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:51 pm Perkins has to be the replacement for Edwards.

As it stands it looks more like

Kelman = Ruel replacement
Perkins = Forde replacement

What we're still missing is the replacement for Drinan from back in January. That means a senior pro, physical and quick.

Forde himself would be a very good signing if we could get him again but not in this striker role as he proved to be far more effective out wide in the end.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:05 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:51 pm Perkins has to be the replacement for Edwards.

What we're still missing is the replacement for Drinan from back in January. That means a senior pro, physical and quick.

Forde himself would be a very good signing if we could get him again but not in this striker role as he proved to be far more effective out wide in the end.
Both replacements are not as good as the previous players . So far we've done some poor business .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:52 am
Highwood Man wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:10 pm Ruel has always struck me as the sort of guy who is good when he doesn't have time to think about anything. The ball comes to him, he gets off a shot and sometimes scores. The more time he has, the worse he is. Charges off down blind alleys, fails to pick the right pass, first touch not great, generally zero threat in the air. One of the most frustrating players I have seen in over 40 years of supporting the Orient.
This is spot on.
Many goal scoring forwards are like that ( Ruel ) instinctively being in the right place at the right time, goal scoring when the ball is at their feet when on the run etc, but give them time, such as taking penalties etc, no good at all. Phil Foden is supposedly one of the best forwards in the Premier division with fantastic ball control etc, but he has rarely cut the mustard when playing for England.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:05 am

Kelman = Ruel replacement, well he is a busy player like Ruel, closing down defenders etc, but can he score as many goals as Ruel could and did, the court is out !!
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Will Kelman and the other strikers get the service they need. That`s the key question.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

In O'Neill, Graham, Galbraith, and Archibald we have one of the most exciting attacking midfields I can remember for a long time. That's not going to be our issue.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:09 pm In O'Neill, Graham, Galbraith, and Archibald we have one of the most exciting attacking midfields I can remember for a long time. That's not going to be our issue.
Archibald won't be seen for a large chunk of this season and who knows what he'll be like when he returns so take him out the equation

Graham we have to hope returns the player he was before and stays fit. His talent isn't in doubt, it's the serious injury he's coming back from that's the big unknown.

Galbraith I hope we don't see wasted at RB again this season though with only James here at present that's again far from guaranteed.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:09 pm In O'Neill, Graham, Galbraith, and Archibald we have one of the most exciting attacking midfields I can remember for a long time. That's not going to be our issue.
Graham, Will he be match fit by the start of the season ?
Archibald not yet ( as far as I have heard ) signed a new contract and could well be a long time before he gets to be match fit.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:14 pm
Archibald won't be seen for a large chunk of this season and who knows what he'll be like when he returns so take him out the equation

Graham we have to hope returns the player he was before and stays fit. His talent isn't in doubt, it's the serious injury he's coming back from that's the big unknown.

Galbraith I hope we don't see wasted at RB again this season though with only James here at present that's again far from guaranteed.
OMG, I just posted very much the same views myself !!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:19 pm OMG, I just posted very much the same views myself !!
Spooky, now our main topic of debate has moved on we might be agreeing more often than not :D
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:44 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:19 pm OMG, I just posted very much the same views myself !!
Spooky, now our main topic of debate has moved on we might be agreeing more often than not :D
Until or if Ruel starts banging in the goals for Rovers !!
I worry a bit for next season, the league seems like its going to be tougher, we could well struggle to score goals and no news yet of a good striker or Keeper being signed, hope I am well wrong !!
WilliamTell
Fresh Alias

Post by WilliamTell »

Was Ruel as good as Sonny at the same age?
I'm not suggesting he was or wasn't. Just a question.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Would it be possible to pull together a similar video for Kanyon Edwards?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

WilliamTell wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:54 pm Was Ruel as good as Sonny at the same age?
I'm not suggesting he was or wasn't. Just a question.
Is that of any relevance? The question to ask is Is Sonny as good as Ruel is now or Shaq was last season?

That's who he's replacing and the level he needs to be at....