Macca Bonne

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Macca Bonne

Post by Monkey Boy »

banqo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:00 pm I am DEFINITELY not Tuffers or anyone else. I am banqo.
Ok if you say so tuffers🙊
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

You'll know when the real tuffers reappears!
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

I can vouch for banqo, but I could be Tuffers too
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:55 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:42 pm There are 8 or so clubs we can't compete with, so if we have top 10 budget, it's at the bottom end. The majority of the budget is spent, and if a winger and striker are to arrive, the striker will not be on top dollar. There's about another 300k put aside for January.
Not saying your wrong but I to listened to Lings pod cast,but here’s the thing,we have had months to get a number 9 in and RW said that Pigot is not a number 9 which he wants, so why are we awash with central midfielders when it was obvious last season we was missing a decent 9. We simply haven’t got one and Ruel and Drinnan are no 9’s imo🙊
Piggot is a goalscorer & will wear the no 9 shirt. Richie wanted him over Bonne
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

banqo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:23 pm You'll know when the real tuffers reappears!
Hope not🙊
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

aylesburyos wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:35 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:55 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:42 pm There are 8 or so clubs we can't compete with, so if we have top 10 budget, it's at the bottom end. The majority of the budget is spent, and if a winger and striker are to arrive, the striker will not be on top dollar. There's about another 300k put aside for January.
Not saying your wrong but I to listened to Lings pod cast,but here’s the thing,we have had months to get a number 9 in and RW said that Pigot is not a number 9 which he wants, so why are we awash with central midfielders when it was obvious last season we was missing a decent 9. We simply haven’t got one and Ruel and Drinnan are no 9’s imo🙊
Piggot is a goalscorer & will wear the no 9 shirt. Richie wanted him over Bonne
Yes I know that and I’m not making that point, what I’m saying and what Richie said in his interview is that he wants a number 9 and he sees Pigot as a 10🙊
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:47 pm
banqo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:23 pm You'll know when the real tuffers reappears!
Hope not🙊
😁
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

banqo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:34 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:57 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:15 pm

I agree,however why are we looking at bringing in loans and young players at that,basically untried when supposedly we have a “competitive budget” top ten according to Ling plus we’ve got cash from the Ogie sale. Why wait so long as the season starts in a few days time. Wellens wants a number 9 it’s one of the most important team positions and yet here we are still trying to get one. Haven’t we got enough Tesco club points yet? 🙊
We haven’t got a bottomless pit of money for wages, signing turns and the two attacking players to come will take us to £3.7 million on wages we have another £300k set aside for January and that’s our budget spent. We need to get the right players in and it takes time,obviously younger players are cheaper wether it’s a loan or permanent.
Top of the JES. Please stop posting all this sense on the message board!
Sorry Tuffers er I mean Banqo😉
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Max Fowler wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:40 pm
LittleMate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:37 pm
Max Fowler wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:01 pm

They also have American millionaire owners. But ones who are presumably willing to 'invest' more than ours.
Not true. They are on a different part of their journey and both clubs have different priorities right now. ML said on the podcast that Bonne was in the striker equation, but they opted for Pigott in the end.
Which bit of my statement is not true?
You only made one statement and that was that they were American. The other part you presumed....
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Wonder if Macca is back on Lings list now
Desperately need a no 9
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PKM wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:53 am Wonder if Macca is back on Lings list now
Desperately need a no 9
I'd certainly go for Macca now without a doubt . We've only got Pigott up front .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:36 am
PKM wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:53 am Wonder if Macca is back on Lings list now
Desperately need a no 9
I'd certainly go for Macca now without a doubt . We've only got Pigott up front .
Apparently training with Gillingham but asking for to much money? Richie wants players that want to play for him and not a pound note,can’t say that I blame him. Plus he’s had not a really good pre season so probably wouldn’t be fit anyway. Think we should forget him and move on 🙊
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Everyone is playing for a £ note, just that some are more honest that others. Sure, you want a player to be keen and fit in, lack of a pre season surely means he’s our type of player?
Get him signed up Lingy.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Swallow our pride and get him in
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PKM wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:16 am Everyone is playing for a £ note, just that some are more honest that others. Sure, you want a player to be keen and fit in, lack of a pre season surely means he’s our type of player?
Get him signed up Lingy.
OK, if we're not interested in signing Macca , fair enough but I still feel we need to sign somebody else like him .We just don't carry enough punch going forward .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

PKM wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:16 am Everyone is playing for a £ note, just that some are more honest that others. Sure, you want a player to be keen and fit in, lack of a pre season surely means he’s our type of player?
Get him signed up Lingy.
I suppose that’s true to a point but I don’t think it will happen 🤷‍♀️🙊
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:55 am
Get him signed up Lingy.
I do think it’s strange that football players are expected to play for clubs due to some sort of personal commitment or passion. For them it’s a job. Why shouldn’t they opt for the job which provides the financial benefit that meets their expectation? It’s what literally everyone else in every other line of work does.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:36 am
Get him signed up Lingy.
I do think it’s strange that football players are expected to play for clubs due to some sort of personal commitment or passion. For them it’s a job. Why shouldn’t they opt for the job which provides the financial benefit that meets their expectation? It’s what literally everyone else in every other line of work does.
That’s true Rev but what I’m trying to say is Richie in his interview was implying that he wants them to have the right attitude similar to his and the same sort of commitment which most do,and the ones that don’t obviously get shipped out,if that makes sense if it doesn’t I’ll get my coat😀🙈
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:58 am

That’s true Rev but what I’m trying to say is Richie in his interview was implying that he wants them to have the right attitude similar to his and the same sort of commitment which most do,and the ones that don’t obviously get shipped out,if that makes sense if it doesn’t I’ll get my coat😀🙈
I understand what you mean. My comment wasn’t really aimed at you specifically. More a generic observation.

I agree at if a player doesn’t fit with what the manager is looking for in terms of attitude/team culture then of course they shouldn’t sign them.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:43 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:58 am

I understand what you mean. My comment wasn’t really aimed at you specifically. More a generic observation.

I agree at if a player doesn’t fit with what the manager is looking for in terms of attitude/team culture then of course they shouldn’t sign them.
Ok Rev bless you my son😃👍🙊
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Did not seem to me that Bonne was a player who lacked commitment when he was in an Os shirt...
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Gills manager Neil Harris has confirmed Bonne was training with the club.

He said: “Macaulay has come in for a few days, for us to look at him, for him to look at us. As always, I am open-minded to things. He is a nice lad, he wanted to come in and work with me for a bit. We will see what progressed with that.”

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spo ... on-291184/
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Bergen wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:39 pm Gills manager Neil Harris has confirmed Bonne was training with the club.

He said: “Macaulay has come in for a few days, for us to look at him, for him to look at us. As always, I am open-minded to things. He is a nice lad, he wanted to come in and work with me for a bit. We will see what progressed with that.”

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spo ... on-291184/
If Macca joins them, then added expectations for the Gills to be in the promotion mix for this season.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Good luck to him, found his level , division 2 . Hopefully he does well.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Eggski wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:31 pm Good luck to him, found his level , division 2 . Hopefully he does well.
Considering how toothless we are at the moment I just hope we don't end up regretting not signing him again .