Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Israel

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:36 pm For the first 39½ years of Israeli occupation, Hamas did not exist. They formed in December 1987, in Gaza
Hamas is not, and has never been in the West Bank, yet Israelis have murdered over 5,000 Palestinians since 2008, in the West Bank
These are facts, source is UN.
This conflict didn't start on 7th October. International law states that an occupied people can fight back in any way they like, including violent means.
No one in here would like to be a Palestinian in Gaza or West Bank. Their lives are horrendous.
Do you support Hamas?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:36 pm For the first 39½ years of Israeli occupation, Hamas did not exist. They formed in December 1987, in Gaza
Hamas is not, and has never been in the West Bank, yet Israelis have murdered over 5,000 Palestinians since 2008, in the West Bank

This conflict didn't start on 7th October. International law states that an occupied people can fight back in any way they like, including violent means.
No one in here would like to be a Palestinian in Gaza or West Bank. Their lives are horrendous.
Could you assist me by pointing me to the UN report that confirms Israel have murdered 5000 Palestinians since 2008. I'm struggling to find any UN source that says Israel has MURDERED 5000 Palestinians since 2008
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

spen666 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:02 pm

Could you assist me by pointing me to the UN report that confirms Israel have murdered 5000 Palestinians since 2008. I'm struggling to find any UN source that says Israel has MURDERED 5000 Palestinians since 2008

Ok?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:00 pm
Do you support Hamas?
No. Absolutely not
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:21 pm
Do you support Hamas?
No. Absolutely not
He would say that wouldn't he
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:01 am
Do you support Hamas?
No. Absolutely not
I wouldn't say that is it wasn't true. If I supported Hamas I'd say so.
I don't support them, so I said so
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:19 am

No. Absolutely not
"Methinks he doth protest too much"
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Keep up Wellin, I was merely commenting about the three, one eyed Jacks on this board who only see the Middle East situation from one direction. Not about the rights and wrongs of this whole bloody mess.
Were you taught comprehension at school.?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

All eyes on this weekend. Let us hope and pray that the revered two days of remembrance is not marred by marchers from all political persuasions including JSO whose direction seems to have got lost recently. The solemn nature of Armistice is a special occasion especially to the handful of veterans still around to witness the occasion. The Royal Albert Hall are putting on an event I believe also.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 pm

Ok?
So are you admitting you have made this claim about Israel murdering 5000 Palestinians up and there is no UN source?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:19 am

No. Absolutely not

But you happily say the UN say Israel have MURDERED 5000 Palestinians, when that is not true and the UN have not said such a thing
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

spen666 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 am

Ok?
So are you admitting you have made this claim about Israel murdering 5000 Palestinians up and there is no UN source?
Can I ask why you think the word murder isn’t applicable
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:41 am Keep up Wellin, I was merely commenting about the three, one eyed Jacks on this board who only see the Middle East situation from one direction. Not about the rights and wrongs of this whole bloody mess.
Were you taught comprehension at school.?
Your original post still doesn’t make much sense if that was your point
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Dunners wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:20 pm Also, another way of looking at things is this...

Out of the following two options, which one is most likely and realistic to achieve a ceasefire:

1. Demanding a ceasefire immediately from the current state of war.

Or

2. Negotiating a "pause" in hostilities to allow humanitarian aid. With these becoming more frequent and prolonged and normalised.

Anyone who genuinely believes in the first option... Well, enjoy your day out on Saturday.

Anyone who believes it is the second option, no matter how much they may wish it was the first... Well, that's pretty much the plan. And is what US Sec. Blinken is hinting at and is supported by most governments (and Labour).

Anyone seriously agitating for a Labour MP to publicly declare for the first option is either deluded or disingenuous in their true intentions and motivations.
I guess these two will be back out on Saturday.

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

^ Seriously, I appreciate that it’s always easy to cherry pick morons from any protest group or march to discredit the wider movement. But it sure has been easy these last few weeks.

I have no doubt that most people attending any of these marches are doing so through good intentions. And it is their right to do so and I’m glad that they have not been banned. But the level of ignorance, antisemitism (and the turning of a blind eye to it) and wilful misrepresentation that has been captured has to be a concern.

Firstly, the mobilisation of demonstrations in the immediate aftermath of the Oct 7th attack, while the bodies of dead Israeli’s were still warm, was questionable at the minimum. PSC officers, who are organising this weekend’s march, made public statements at that time even praising Hamas. I mean – WTAF?

The amount of openly hostile, racist and anti-Semitic comments I am hearing and reading across various platforms is way and above anything I have ever encountered before. I can even offer my own personal anecdote.

I know someone who works in a school which is organising a cake sale to raise funds to be directed towards child casualties of this conflict. She has had parents come in and openly demand to know if any of the money will be “going to the Jews”. The word “Jews” being spat out with disgust. In front of other people and children. All of whom did not bat an eyelid but agreed and wanted to know too. It’s normalised.

I know the two are not exactly comparable, but plenty on the left (Max and Owen Jones) have criticised opponents of TRAs (Keef and Helen Joyce) of being bedfellows of extremists. Is this not similar?

Once again, are leftists creating a vacuum that will be gleefully exploited by the far right? Because this is clearly providing fertile territory for those groups.

Something feels very wrong and broken here.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Just a bunch of students on a day out.

'kin ell.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

That video posted by Dunners a couple above says it all.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:28 pm Good post, Dunners. Pity the three stooges on this board can"t, won't or are incapable of positive thinking.
Who are the 3 stooges?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Dunners wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:53 am ^ Seriously, I appreciate that it’s always easy to cherry pick morons from any protest group or march to discredit the wider movement. But it sure has been easy these last few weeks.

I have no doubt that most people attending any of these marches are doing so through good intentions. And it is their right to do so and I’m glad that they have not been banned. But the level of ignorance, antisemitism (and the turning of a blind eye to it) and wilful misrepresentation that has been captured has to be a concern.

Firstly, the mobilisation of demonstrations in the immediate aftermath of the Oct 7th attack, while the bodies of dead Israeli’s were still warm, was questionable at the minimum. PSC officers, who are organising this weekend’s march, made public statements at that time even praising Hamas. I mean – WTAF?

The amount of openly hostile, racist and anti-Semitic comments I am hearing and reading across various platforms is way and above anything I have ever encountered before. I can even offer my own personal anecdote.

I know someone who works in a school which is organising a cake sale to raise funds to be directed towards child casualties of this conflict. She has had parents come in and openly demand to know if any of the money will be “going to the Jews”. The word “Jews” being spat out with disgust. In front of other people and children. All of whom did not bat an eyelid but agreed and wanted to know too. It’s normalised.

I know the two are not exactly comparable, but plenty on the left (Max and Owen Jones) have criticised opponents of TRAs (Keef and Helen Joyce) of being bedfellows of extremists. Is this not similar?

Once again, are leftists creating a vacuum that will be gleefully exploited by the far right? Because this is clearly providing fertile territory for those groups.

Can you post the Your Country needs you one by Tommy Robinson please.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:48 am
spen666 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 am

Ok?
Can I ask why you think the word murder isn’t applicable
I have simply pointed out that despite what was claimed, to be a fact from the UN is not a fact at all as the UN have never stated that
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Joe315 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:42 pm
World Health organisation said 150 children a day were being killed in Palestine by Israels bombing.
Joe315 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:30 pm you do realise most nations have killed children for some absurd reason during their histories ?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:26 am
Joe315 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:42 pm
World Health organisation said 150 children a day were being killed in Palestine by Israels bombing.
Joe315 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:30 pm you do realise most nations have killed children for some absurd reason during their histories ?
Relevance please ?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Dunners wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:53 am ^ Seriously, I appreciate that it’s always easy to cherry pick morons from any protest group or march to discredit the wider movement. But it sure has been easy these last few weeks.

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I’m sticking to my guns here because I’m angry about it.

The constant conflation between Israel and Jews that’s a trap to stop people being able to critique Israel and their actions has had the knock on effect of the average person being unable to separate the two.

Anti-Semitism is rife and stomach churning and of course, this has given the racists ample opportunity to piggyback. anti-semitism has always existed.

But I don’t think the average person at the school gates would say a comment like that without the constant reminder that Criticism of Israel = criticism of jews and in turn, criticism of jews = criticism of Israel.

Similar thing happened with isis and Muslims.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:34 am
I know it’s not a popular opinion but I’m sticking to my guns here because I’m angry about it.

The constant conflation between Israel and Jews that’s a trap to stop people being able to critique Israel and their actions has had the knock on effect of the average person being unable to separate the two.
I think this is a perfectly reasonable opinion.
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:34 am
But I don’t think the average person at the school gates would say a comment like that without the constant reminder that Criticism of Israel = criticism of jews and in turn, criticism of jews = criticism of Israel.

Similar thing happened with isis and Muslims.
I agree that this may be contributing to things to some extent, but I also think we need to be careful about allowing such assumptions to blind us to deeper problems.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

White House says it has intelligence that Hamas was using Gaza hospital to run military operations
The White House has said it had its own intelligence supporting Israel claims that Hamas was using al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City to run its military operations, and probably to store weapons.

“We have information that confirms that Hamas is using that particular hospital for a command and control node”, the White House’s national security spokesperson, John Kirby, told reporters aboard Air Force One:

They have stored weapons there and they’re prepared to respond to an Israeli military operation against that facility.

He added:

That is a war crime.