What are you Watching Today Part 2

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: What are you Watching Today Part 2

Post by CEB »

Yeah, she’ll thrive in this then.

On a similar note - playing werewolf in VR (where it has added bells and whistles, and you can even see in black and white, with some abilities when someone is lying to your face, is one of the most fun gaming experiences I’ve ever had. Getting paired up with randoms where you might have a drunk Norwegian, two Essex lads, a friendly American and a quiet Scottish girl who turns out to be an evil genius is quite a surreal experience to have when you just stick a headset on in your living room
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:55 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:05 am Who watched Traitors S1? I really meant to but never got round to it but gonna make certain we watch the latest season which starts tonight as - Lame to Fame Klaxon - my mate's in it. They're actually screening it at a pub in the Stow.
Season 1 was the best reality tv there’s been in decades, I’d highly recommend a little binge. Genuinely hilarious throughout, with a couple of characters who are up there with the all timers from the good Big Brothers.

Are your mate’s initials AB & very active on e17 social media? I’d been following her for a while so she’s definitely my early one to support.

But yeah, honestly can’t recommend season 1 enough.
It was indeed brilliant, definitely cram that in now before you get into the second series.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:38 am
CEB wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:55 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:05 am Who watched Traitors S1? I really meant to but never got round to it but gonna make certain we watch the latest season which starts tonight as - Lame to Fame Klaxon - my mate's in it. They're actually screening it at a pub in the Stow.
Season 1 was the best reality tv there’s been in decades, I’d highly recommend a little binge. Genuinely hilarious throughout, with a couple of characters who are up there with the all timers from the good Big Brothers.

Are your mate’s initials AB & very active on e17 social media? I’d been following her for a while so she’s definitely my early one to support.

But yeah, honestly can’t recommend season 1 enough.
It was indeed brilliant, definitely cram that in now before you get into the second series.
Will msg my boss now and explain.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Fisk on Netflix, amusing Aussie comedy about a beige probate solicitor.
Junior Bake Off with Harry Hill, it's great tv.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

OK, hooked already.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

There are nods to series 1 already so you really do need to plough through that asap.

Your friend seems awful at the game, she's going to be found out in no time.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Only seen episode one so far - it’s perfect post Christmas miserable January telly, innit?

Agree with Conkles that Ash is transparent, though that might be editing.

One of the best things about this show is the way it allows plenty of room for the best aspect of all reality tv: giving the people who say they have a “game plan” ample opportunity to act in ways that are obviously stupid to anyone with a brain
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Started Traitors S1. I had avoided it until now because I saw the name of one of the Traitors in the paper a while back and figured it was a massive spoiler. Only thing I found puzzling was having two teams doing a mission, but the money from it all goes into the same prize fund.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:46 am Started Traitors S1. I had avoided it until now because I saw the name of one of the Traitors in the paper a while back and figured it was a massive spoiler. Only thing I found puzzling was having two teams doing a mission, but the money from it all goes into the same prize fund.
Agree. The whole thing works really well - and the fact that the traitors don’t even need to try to do anything devious ends up meaning that the faithful are always getting set off by stuff that’s totally irrelevant - but there’s a bit of me that really wants there to be an element of sabotage, where the traitors are building up their prize pot separately by subtly undermining things or having a subversive task
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Stick with it, the format really works when the field begins to get whittled down. They will probably throw a few curve balls in like they did in the original series
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Just finished the episode where 3 were put on trial, probably the best one so far.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

How has The Bear won a golden globe in the comedy or musical category? And they've filed Succession under Drama.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Constanza wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:02 pm Fisk on Netflix, amusing Aussie comedy about a beige probate solicitor.
Junior Bake Off with Harry Hill, it's great tv.
Also 3 or so eps into Fisk. I like it.

And half way through the film 6 Days about the Iranian embassy hostage crisis. Also liking it, although slight LOL at how fit the Kate Adie is.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Finished 6 Days due to an unprecedented - and likely inauspicious - early toddler bedtime. Decent film, even if it did big up Thatcher at the end.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Poor Things

Extraordinary piece of film making. Not for everyone, but very thought provoking. Has a wonderful pallet and Emma Stone's performance is outstanding.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:19 am Poor Things

Extraordinary piece of film making. Not for everyone, but very thought provoking. Has a wonderful pallet and Emma Stone's performance is outstanding.
Want to see this. Is it In cinemas?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:59 am
The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:19 am Poor Things

Want to see this. Is it In cinemas?
I went to a preview screening last night, it's on general release from tomorrow. Enjoy.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

The Traitors S2 E4 - what a weird old cliffhanger. She has to have gone?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:19 am The Traitors S2 E4 - what a weird old cliffhanger. She has to have gone?
Quietly?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:35 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:19 am The Traitors S2 E4 - what a weird old cliffhanger. She has to have gone?
Quietly?
She will be gone, as will Meg, who will have to be murdered by the Traitors
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The Enfield Haunting - a new play about the infamous story of the poltergeist haunting which has just opened at the Ambassadors Theatre.

It stars Catherine Tate and David Threlfall and, as other productions that rely on the use of named celebrities to sell seats, it's not up to much. Tate isn't a good stage actor. Threlfall is decent, but his presence alone does not make up for pretty crap writing and production. Plus this is one of the worst theatres in the West End in terms of comfort (and that's saying something).

The good news is that, at 75 minutes, it's relative short and without an interval. However, an interval would have at least given me the opportunity to f*ck off earlier to the pub instead.

If you're thinking of forking out what would be a considerable sum for tickets for this production, my advice is don't bother.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Dunners wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:36 pm Tate isn't a good stage actor.
Suspect 'stage' is superfluous here.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:05 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:36 pm Tate isn't a good stage actor.
Suspect 'stage' is superfluous here.
Possibly, but there is a noticeable difference between actors who are classically trained for the stage, and those who are mainly used to TV/film acting. One of the most noticeable traits is that a proper stage actor will know how to project their voice with clarity and always use clear diction. Even with the use of microphones in most theatres, it makes a massive difference.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Just in case anyone is looking for a recommendation for a seriously good West End production this year - here it is.

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I've also watched The Fabelmans, it was a nice drama, easy watch and I'd be keen to see more. However he shot it, it looks great.