Orient v Salford match thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Re: Orient v Salford match thread

Post by Petrov788 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:04 pm
HenleyO wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:59 pm I think we need more players to help us stay up.
The current team is shot to pieces
its not just the players . I think it goes deeper than that .When that first goal went in there was no fight in the team . The only spark seemed to be coming form Otis Khan again .
Personally think Otis needs to played behind the strikers. Too far away from the goal to many any impact.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Irrespective of that, the view that the others on the committee would give Jackett players he didn't want is bonkers. It's like people genuinely believe that other committee members are deliberately trying to sabotage the club.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:08 pm Irrespective of that, the view that the others on the committee would give Jackett players he didn't want is bonkers. It's like people genuinely believe that other committee members are deliberately trying to sabotage the club.
Of course not. I’m sure they genuinely believe the players they’re putting forward are the right ones. But they’re not qualified to be doing so.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Petrov788 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:07 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:04 pm
HenleyO wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:59 pm I think we need more players to help us stay up.
The current team is shot to pieces
its not just the players . I think it goes deeper than that .When that first goal went in there was no fight in the team . The only spark seemed to be coming form Otis Khan again .
Personally think Otis needs to played behind the strikers. Too far away from the goal to many any impact.
I’ve seen him multiple times in multiple positions and I still don’t know where he should be playing. He’s not a defender. He’s not a winger. He’s not a playmaker.

You can kind of see why it’s never worked out for him anywhere.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:06 pm When a teams head is gone, it's incredibly difficult for a manager to turn that around. After starting so well, it's baffling the extent to which we've fallen apart (our last win was to thrash the divisions then form team), but we look like a team on course for relegation. Shame, as on paper Jackett was probably the best appointment we've made since I've been a fan.
The way we fell apart today has me thinking we are indeed heading for relegation .Oldham picked up a good point today away to Newport and now we're only 7 points outside the relegation zone. I wasn't a ''Kenny out "person until today . OK , we have injuries but where was the fight in the team after we went one down .
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:59 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:32 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:29 pm Drinan is a big part of our problems
In the last five games, he's had enough good chances to have won the games for us, but he's missed every one.
He really is hopeless.
We look like never scoring again
That’s a massive oversimplification but I wouldn’t expect anything else.
It's my view.
You are a really arrogant c*nt
You are nothing, a nobody, a pathetic b*stard
Does it make you feel good to try and humiliate another person?
This is bullying, but I'm not a victim, so just f*** off and get a life
Serious over-reaction there. Best if you take a few days off to cool down.

We’ll see you next Tuesday.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Admin wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:25 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:59 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:32 pm

That’s a massive oversimplification but I wouldn’t expect anything else.
It's my view.
You are a really arrogant c*nt
You are nothing, a nobody, a pathetic b*stard
Does it make you feel good to try and humiliate another person?
This is bullying, but I'm not a victim, so just f*** off and get a life
Serious over-reaction there. Best if you take a few days off to cool down.

We’ll see you next Tuesday.
Heh!
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

We can’t even say “let’s see how he does with his own players” as 12 of the 17 today were players he signed
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Story of O wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:35 pm We can’t even say “let’s see how he does with his own players” as 12 of the 17 today were players he signed
Did he though? Did he really?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:29 pm Drinan is a big part of our problems
In the last five games, he's had enough good chances to have won the games for us, but he's missed every one.
He really is hopeless.
We look like never scoring again
You've had it in for Drinan the moment he signed for us. And yet when we were firing in the early part of the season and he was banging in the goals you went as quiet as a church mouse. Never heard a word from you. Seems you just couldn't wait to pounce on him. Yes, he's been missing chances, but funny how no one else has been getting them? Every player, bar none, is rock bottom on confidence at the moment and yet you dig him out as being a big part of our problem. He works his socks off and his non stop running also forces defenders into making mistakes - in case you hadn't noticed that. He's one of the few in this dreadful side that has a spark and a bit of life in him. And for you to say 'he really is hopless' especially given the dire circumstances we are in at the moment, is totally misguided.