Guesses for new manager

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Guesses for new manager

Post by PoundhillO »

Webb for me
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

PoundhillO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 amWebb for me
Would it encourage you to buy a Season Ticket if Webby got the job ??
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why would anyone want an unproven manager appointed?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Webb I think will make an excellent manager one day, but today might be too early. When he returned to the club he even said himself he's not ready and whilst he's gained experience since then I'd hate for him to struggle and be kicked out.

However, should he be given the opportunity I for one will back him 100%
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

TrickorTreat wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 am Webby or Daryl McMahon for me.
Both young and ambitious and would be backed by our fantastic owners. Daryl did well at Ebbsfleet and everyone knows Webby's story of the last few years. Both would need to consolidate our position in League 2 and build for the future.
What is webbys story?

Kind of had a career as a footballer because of his dad, then went into coaching kids?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Quite right. As an association with our club, I would prefer McMahon.
LOFC1948
Fresh Alias

Post by LOFC1948 »

Embleton/ Webb combo - bit like the Crowley brothers ?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

I'm thinking McMahon
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

I'm for Jobi. A manager doesn't have to have every facet. Ferguson snr wasn't particularly sophisticated when it came to tactics so he always had someone alongside him who knew what the f*ck they were doing. Redknapp snr was the same. Always had a tactics guy alongside him. Slade was another one. Nuge took care of the football and RS did the leadership. What we need is someone who can unite the club, provide leadership and it'll be difficult to get that with an outsider. I've always seen Embleton as our resident tactics guy, but if not the bring in someone who is and stick them in there as Jobi's assistant. Jobi will command more respect and has more clout than either Ross or Webb.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

What time is this happening? Any one got an idea of timing?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm I'm for Jobi. A manager doesn't have to have every facet. Ferguson snr wasn't particularly sophisticated when it came to tactics so he always had someone alongside him who knew what the f*ck they were doing. Redknapp snr was the same. Always had a tactics guy alongside him. Slade was another one. Nuge took care of the football and RS did the leadership. What we need is someone who can unite the club, provide leadership and it'll be difficult to get that with an outsider. I've always seen Embleton as our resident tactics guy, but if not the bring in someone who is and stick them in there as Jobi's assistant. Jobi will command more respect and has more clout than either Ross or Webb.
Disagree with your analysis. I think Slade did a lot more on the tactical side than you make out. I see Embleton in a similar way to Nugent- very much a number two and a genuine coach, getting the managers instructions across to the players. I think Webb was more involved in the tactical side than Embleton was with Justin.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

I suspect that people are right when they say it will be Danny. However I would rather an experienced appointee from outside, not least that it would be very embarrassing if it doesn't work out. Imagine having to sack Danny or Jobi, bearing in mind the circumstances of their appointment!
We need a more experienced guy to take over, maybe someone like Chris Powell who's a really good guy. My fantasy appointment would be Chris Houghton but he'd never drop this low in my view & we wouldn't be able to afford him.
But, as has been said, whoever is appointed will have my backing 100%.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm What we need is someone who can unite the club, provide leadership and it'll be difficult to get that with an outsider.

Jobi will command more respect and has more clout than either Ross or Webb.

Exactly this.

If it isn't working out come Xmas, bring someone in and Jobi can focus on just playing again.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm I'm for Jobi. A manager doesn't have to have every facet. Ferguson snr wasn't particularly sophisticated when it came to tactics so he always had someone alongside him who knew what the f*ck they were doing. Redknapp snr was the same. Always had a tactics guy alongside him. Slade was another one. Nuge took care of the football and RS did the leadership. What we need is someone who can unite the club, provide leadership and it'll be difficult to get that with an outsider. I've always seen Embleton as our resident tactics guy, but if not the bring in someone who is and stick them in there as Jobi's assistant. Jobi will command more respect and has more clout than either Ross or Webb.
I agree that Jobi would command respect, but is he management material? I don't think so.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:55 pm
I agree that Jobi would command respect, but is he management material? I don't think so.
Not yet he isn't. We need somebody with experience to help us establish ourselves back in the EFL.
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

During the past week my preffered option was Jobi. I gained the impression that Justin really held him in high esteem. That could also apply to the other in-house canidates but in truth, none of us know enough about each one as long term manager.
If someone from outside was to come in then i would also have a preference for Chris Houghton but as others have said, very unlikely. I think he would bring success and is well respected throughout the game.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

:D Chris Hughton
Steve McClaren :shock:

Webb Embleton McAnuff I think
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Don't think Slade is the answer, and I doubt he he would come anyway.
Yorkshire based: no doubt he was happy to live in one of the flats at the ground when he joined nearly 10 years ago, but can't see him going for it as a 60year old eyeing retirement.

Although Jobi is a good shout; it's all based around him being a good player, who has a reasonable vocabulary- I think we need more, but appreciate the club doesn't have a myriad of options, since they need to act fast, but don't want to bring in anyone who's going to compare unfavourably with JE.

This is a very difficult call for the club at this time.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:55 pm
Not yet he isn't. We need somebody with experience to help us establish ourselves back in the EFL.
Correct.
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

My worst fears have been confirmed.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Let's get on with it. Good luck to all
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Oh boy not happy with that appointment to be honest, don’t see it myself.

I will back and support him, but i feel it’s the wrong choice.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 pm My guess, they will go with the soft option and Ross will get the gig, assisted of course by others already at the club.
Yup soft option.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Disoriented wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Me too. It's almost like they don't want to be taught boarding lessons and Marxism.
Didn’t someone on there make some allegation about you fella?
Can't talk about it. Legal action initiated.
Mum’s the word.