Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Would You Support Another Lockdown?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 am We went into central London yesterday. We were the only two in our packed tube carriage wearing masks.
I was at Wembley on Friday. Instructions on the tickets and all around the ground made it quite clear it was mandatory to wear a mask in the concourse and when moving around the stadium.

Other than the staff working there, I saw three other people out of the many hundreds i passed wearing one.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

What's weird is that I find that most people wear them on the tube in the morning and evening commute. But the leisure crowd have a completely different attitude.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

BoniO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am Many have said that they will support a lockdown if it is needed, but that a return to mask wearing inside shops/pubs/restaurants (as in Scotland) and on all public transport ought to be used before that stage, preferably right now.

No-one, I believe, (without checking all through this thread) has been demanding a lockdown now.

It makes perfect sense to do "what you can" to try and reduce the spread of the virus in order to avoid the need for lockdown. That I agree with. The wearing of masks is a very small price for all of us to help prevent the spread of the virus and save lives. How can anyone truly argue against that?
Agree with most of that. Absolutely. The thread is about supporting a lockdown which was why my focus was more on that theme.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 am
George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:06 am I don’t need anyone to tell me that if I stand to close to someone in a queue I am more at risk from Covid. I already know that.
But someone can stand too close to you and here’s nothing you can do.

You fail to see that this is a two way thing. It’s not just about ‘personal responsibility’, it’s about ones responsibility to everyone. No surprising that the Tory government don’t get that and no surprise that the selfish Dummies in this country don’t care either.
My mistake was relying on everyone to take personal responsibility.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:10 am
George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:06 am I don’t need anyone to tell me that if I stand to close to someone in a queue I am more at risk from Covid. I already know that.

You fail to see that this is a two way thing. It’s not just about ‘personal responsibility’, it’s about ones responsibility to everyone. No surprising that the Tory government don’t get that and no surprise that the selfish Dummies in this country don’t care either.
Agreed.

Ok, I think we’re getting somewhere. I believe that because we have a large number of thickos* in this country, and a lot of selfish people too, mask wearing and social distancing should be compulsory and not a matter of personal choice. It’s really not that much to ask.

* if you think of a person of average intelligence, they’re not that smart are they? Now, you need to remember that approximately half the people in this country are stupider than that. That’s why they need to be instructed, not left to make their own choice.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Agreed.

Ok, I think we’re getting somewhere. I believe that because we have a large number of thickos* in this country, and a lot of selfish people too, mask wearing and social distancing should be compulsory and not a matter of personal choice. It’s really not that much to ask.

* if you think of a person of average intelligence, they’re not that smart are they? Now, you need to remember that approximately half the people in this country are stupider than that. That’s why they need to be instructed, not left to make their own choice.
Very good. Stealing Dunners Schtick. He will be effin ragin when he reads this.

Whilst I'm here, can I just ask why you are explaining this to an IMBECILE.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Agreed.

I understood that perfectly well. I just disagree as I am entitled to do. At this moment in time there are no signs that that needs to happen.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Agreed.

Very good. Stealing Dunners Schtick. He will be effin ragin when he reads this.

Whilst I'm here, can I just ask why you are explaining this to an IMBECILE.
I am not yet at the stage where I need to take a lesson from you or anyone else.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:10 pm

Agreed.

I understood that perfectly well. I just disagree as I am entitled to do. At this moment in time there are no signs that that needs to happen.
What would be a sign?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Rising case numbers and rising death rates. The measurement that we have used all through this. But we either agree to wear masks indoors everywhere or not wear them at all.
There is not much logic in mask wearing in a restaurant after you have sat mask less with 50k fans at a game.
And how do we address the household mixing issue , particularly households with school children.
I repeat. I am not against mask wearing and I still do my utmost when I am out to social distance where possible.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I do know that in offices in Canary Wharf, employees are required to wear masks indoors when walking about. In many cases mask wearing is happening without people being aware.
And what makes you think that the stupid and ignorant would wear a mask if they were forced to do so. They didn’t last time around
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

You don’t make any sense.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

To enforce masks now after everything would require some Singapore style draconian enforcement.

The people you tut at internally on the Underground aren't going to change their habits (they're compulsory already and 50% don't bother)

And it's further complicated by the fact you don't have to bother if you consider yourself exempt anyway.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I do a visible head shake combined with a sigh and a condescending smirk. I know how to express my disgust properly.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:57 pm You don’t make any sense.
I didn’t think that was a primary requirement on here
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Austria isn't f*cking about.