The trans debate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: The trans debate

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

We are living in very strange times.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Seems to me that the left has become authoritarian.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Not surprising with some of the journalists and people in the media nowadays. It's OK to crib, cut and paste an article from another media source, usually without fact-checking it and use it elsewhere as if it is original material. Lazy journalism. But what do you get when you can do a 3-week online course in "investigative journalism" and then go out and hound people. C'est la vie.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Ornchurch wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:18 pm
BIGRON wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 pm My local Working men's club where i sometimes help ou behind the bar has variety shows with gays lesbians and transvestites on stage , call me old fashioned but i find it all quite distastefull 🤔🤔
Old-fashioned? More likely homophobic. :lol:
People who dress up as women as a hobby or as a profession are not necessarily homosexual.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

They employ Owen Jones

Of course they're shithouses
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Mentioned on the BBC yesterday a 14 year old having delays via NHS in transitioning. Whatever that entails. Has full support of family and friends and the school.I get the support part but 14 years old to commit (and be allowed) to have the op etc. Ain’t that a bit young. Seems bonkers to me.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Bit old, if anything.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Love to see a Venn diagram of people who think teenagers are old enough to decide their gender and people who say "She was just a girl and didn't know what she was doing" when commenting on Shamima Begum.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Tom Chance wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 pm
BIGRON wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 pm My local Working men's club where i sometimes help ou behind the bar has variety shows with gays lesbians and transvestites on stage , call me old fashioned but i find it all quite distastefull 🤔🤔
Where I worked a few years back, we had an Austrian engineer who came in regularly when we had new machinery installed. He spent a lot of time
overseas with his job and swore blind that the best BJ's he'd ever had were from Ladyboys in Thailand.
When this Covid is over, let me know Ron when your club is having one of these nights. :lol:
You don’t have to go there to realise your latent desires.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

This thread is billed as a debate.

All I can see is a load of men displaying their ignorance and prejudice under the guise of their long held "beliefs" about human sexuality whilst barging in on yet another women's issue.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

What has sexuality got to do with it?

Why is it just a women's issue?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm What has sexuality got to do with it?

Why is it just a women's issue?
Dunno.

All I'm saying is that these decisions are personal ones and for each individual person to make on their own with help provided from professionals in the sector.

It's not the business of ignoramus's to chime in with their tuppence worth and judge and condemn people.

It's an identity politics issue which fuels the culture war. A war that seeks to identify and reject those considered "other" and make their lives harder by excluding them from society. It's what Nazis do.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Yes, but these things impact upon others and when children are involved they need to be safeguarded.

The only excluding I am seeing is from the far left, no platforming people, silencing anybody they dont agree with etc.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:39 pm Yes, but these things impact upon others and when children are involved they need to be safeguarded.

The only excluding I am seeing is from the far left, no platforming people, silencing anybody they dont agree with etc.
If they are silenced by the far left why are they all over the media spouting their bile? Doesn't make sense.

Children do need to be safeguarded hence my comments about professional help. But don't forget the laws around safeguarding respect the wishes and legal rights for 14 year olds to make their own decisions.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Would think that some 14 year olds would know exactly what's going on and some wouldn't have a scooby. So guess that as with most things it would vary from case to case.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thats why we put age thresholds on the upper end of things to safeguard children
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Be interesting to see the crossover between children who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria who are also autistic
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:57 pm Be interesting to see the crossover between children who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria who are also autistic
There's quite a bit, here is one on variance and offers a fairly new look at parts of it and will be against what others think, but some of the references are worth a read; https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/study ... -variance/
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoliticOs wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:04 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:57 pm Be interesting to see the crossover between children who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria who are also autistic
There's quite a bit, here is one on variance and offers a fairly new look at parts of it and will be against what others think, but some of the references are worth a read; https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/study ... -variance/
Ta
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ldren-gids

Pretty damning. Good on The Guardian for publishing, they usually shy away from anything that doesnt align with their beliefs.
Jobi equals failure

Post by Jobi equals failure »

Firstly this seems to be an anti child abuse ruling. Secondly what happens if they change there minds later they are children FFS. But this whole trans thing seems to highlight the effectiveness of the feminist movement, that there are more male to female transitions. I think we can stop for calling equallity for women we have it. We are calling out for equallity for women in areas that suit them but ignoring area that they are strong in like family court, prision sentences and where is the out cry for more men female areas of dominence like nursing. Instead the majority are somehow viewed as a minority still. Can we all not just be people and not use labels benefit our induvidual needs.
Jobi equals failure

Jobi equals failure wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm Firstly this seems to be an anti child abuse ruling. Secondly what happens if they change there minds later they are children FFS. But this whole trans thing seems to highlight the effectiveness of the feminist movement, that there are more male to female transitions. I think we can stop for calling equallity for women we have it. We are calling out for equallity for women in areas that suit them but ignoring area that they are strong in like family court, prision sentences and where is the out cry for more men female areas of dominence like nursing. Instead the majority are somehow viewed as a minority still. Can we all not just be people and not use labels benefit our induvidual needs.
But to put it in perspective the trans population is only 1% of the uk population there are more people called Allan than that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Jobi equals failure wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 pm Firstly this seems to be an anti child abuse ruling. Secondly what happens if they change there minds later they are children FFS. But this whole trans thing seems to highlight the effectiveness of the feminist movement, that there are more male to female transitions. I think we can stop for calling equallity for women we have it. We are calling out for equallity for women in areas that suit them but ignoring area that they are strong in like family court, prision sentences and where is the out cry for more men female areas of dominence like nursing. Instead the majority are somehow viewed as a minority still. Can we all not just be people and not use labels benefit our induvidual needs.
I wonder who this belongs to?
Jobi equals failure

Does it matter give it a year or two this the whole trans thing will be as normal and uncontrolversal as same sex relationships are now.