What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Post by Sid Bishop »

Admin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:09 pm What am I doing?

Well firstly, I'm trying to educate gammons like you into understanding that the problems like in work poverty and migration are the responsibility of governments and in most cases not the fault of those suffering. I suppose I'd call it stage 1 humanity. Not sure it's happening here though.

Love to hear how you're helping people worldwide - especially as most of your posts on this subject wreak of a "f***'em" attitude.
Amongst other things, I have helped via funding, send young people to further education, then later on get good jobs so that there families are taken out of REAL poverty............some gammon !! I do not need any education from you or anyone else thank you ! Unlike many on here who just love to blame others, I try to take practical steps to help others in need to improve their lives, far more effective than typing messages on the internet blaming others. Action speaks louder than words.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you're basically bigging yourself up here for parting with your money in some shape or form. Hate to tell you this chum, but your money is probably subsidising further education that used to be free for everyone until the government of the day decided to start charging for it.

Oh you're gammon alright. Can smell the pineapple rings from here.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Admin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm So you're basically bigging yourself up here for parting with your money in some shape or form. Hate to tell you this chum, but your money is probably subsidising further education that used to be free for everyone until the government of the day decided to start charging for it.

I know what I do and you do not. As to the funding, of already ''free education'' laughable comment, you just show yourself up, I have the ability and common sense to check out things well before I part with my money. You are just guessing a lot with no actual facts to back up your comments.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm
Admin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm So you're basically bigging yourself up here for parting with your money in some shape or form. Hate to tell you this chum, but your money is probably subsidising further education that used to be free for everyone until the government of the day decided to start charging for it.

I know what I do and you do not. As to the funding, of already ''free education'' laughable comment, you just show yourself up, I have the ability and common sense to check out things well before I part with my money. You are just guessing a lot with no actual facts to back up your comments.
You said you funded further education for young people. Further education used to be free - now it isn't. Feel free to tell me what's laughable about that? Or factually incorrect.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:41 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm

You said you funded further education for young people. Further education used to be free - now it isn't. Feel free to tell me what's laughable about that? Or factually incorrect.
Read again, I have funded education for young people and adults living in very poor countries, not in UK.
Enough said, end of conversation on this matter on my side.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

So basically, you give money. That's the practical steps you're banging on about?

Perhaps you should spend a little time considering why the beneficiaries need your charity in the first place. Try applying the same logic for people using foodbanks and consider why there's now more foodbanks than Mcdonalds restaurants. It really isn't that difficult to understand if you take your head out of your arse.

Alternatively, keep doffing that cap and voting tory.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He's just going to ignore everything you say then reel off another example of his generosity.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:46 pm He's just going to ignore everything you say then reel off another example of his generosity.
Didn't we used to have another Boarder on here who did that too?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Admin and ETR, I must admit I’ve enjoyed reading your posts over the last few pages. I don’t think your banging your heads against brick walls, I think your making excellent points and ones that make you think a little deeper and open up your thought process to a different way of thinking. That’s a good thing.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm I use a food bank .

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.
Added to that each of my 2 sisters have done
Alternate shops for me at the supermarket what about my UC money ?

Phone bill/internet which i need to deal with the council ,
And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Leaves me with about £17 .00 for the month.

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.
I cant even afford the bus fare so a good walk is needed.

Cant say id recommend use of a food bank.
The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
I really feel sorry for any person that Have to rely on food banks. On another thread on this forum someone said that Germany has over 2000 food banks .So the problem is not Only attributed to this country. I do not feel that any of the political party leaders have even been to a food bank to understand the problem.. And whoever does win it will be way down on their list of priorities they only care for their own welfare. I believe that charity begins at home . I have not heard from any of the parties about Foreign Aid and how much we give to countries who send people into space and have real poverty on there doorstep but do little about it.. The successful party should really look at this issue.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:56 am

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.

And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.

The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
I really feel sorry for any person that Have to rely on food banks. On another thread on this forum someone said that Germany has over 2000 food banks .So the problem is not Only attributed to this country. I do not feel that any of the political party leaders have even been to a food bank to understand the problem.. And whoever does win it will be way down on their list of priorities they only care for their own welfare. I believe that charity begins at home . I have not heard from any of the parties about Foreign Aid and how much we give to countries who send people into space and have real poverty on there doorstep but do little about it.. The successful party should really look at this issue.
Building Council houses would be a good place to start.

The Food banks is not the only problem.

Its the fact that im about to be homeless is the problem.
( suprised im not already to be fair)
The fact so many people can not afford to live in London now is beyond a joke.
People being forced to live in HMO's

Last time i was living in 1 of those i was nearly gassed to death because an idiot
In the building didnt turn the cooker off properly.
It was the 2nd time over the yeras that had happened.

One of the major reasons i told the council i.couldnt feel safe in a HMO instead of a secure flat.
They have told me politely i am not vilnerable enough to be rehomed .
They have said that to other fsmilies ( English ones )
That i saw in the re-housing offices on Fulbourne road when i was there as well . How is a 5 year okd & a baby not vulnerable ?

Rent in London ( Walthamstow )s beyond my earning capabilities , if i want to have a life that means i can eat every day pay my bills & possibly get a game at Orient once in a blue moon.

Foriegn aid really has little or nothing to do with it , as it allows Britain buisness opportunity in such places..
70.pence of every £1000 made in the uk goes to foriegn aid a total of £13.4 billion in 2017.

Yet £300 billion is for HS2 .
£205 billion for trident.

Just so you know.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thor wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:10 am Admin and ETR, I must admit I’ve enjoyed reading your posts over the last few pages. I don’t think your banging your heads against brick walls, I think your making excellent points and ones that make you think a little deeper and open up your thought process to a different way of thinking. That’s a good thing.
But you’ll still vote Tory despite the overwhelming evidence that their governance has created mass inequality.

Biggest complement you could probably give me or ETR right now? Trot down to the polling booth Thursday and put a big X next to labour (if they’re within reach of winning that seat). Alternatively, vote for whichever party has the best chance of keeping them out.

Next best compliment - start thinking differently and examine why we have people who are working in poverty.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm
Eat The Rich wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:49 pm These so called food banks make me laugh. Local one near me, i see some of them turning up in their cars, laughing and smoking cigarettes as they come out with lots of bags of food. There are few people in this country that really know real hardship. Go abroad to Asian, far eastern countries, Africa etc and see a different picture. Some real hardship out there and food is so expensive compared to our prices and the wages/benefits received. That is why so many are queuing up to get into the UK. One persons austerity is to another ones........prosperity !
Yep. That's whats f*cking up the country, the spoiled, pampered, feckless poor. Going to the foodbanks and filling their bags with life's essentials. How f*cking dare they?

I find it dispiriting as a human being to hear working class people talk like this. Things keep getting worse and worse and I keep hoping the penny will drop for people but it just doesn't happen. The ruling class have well and truly convinced ordinary people that the sh*t end of the stick is venison and its under threat from immigrants/the disabled/single mothers/university students/the unemployed/the underemployed/the employed but underpaid/the nurses/the teachers/The Europeans etc. Delete as applicable. All the while the bastards in charge live in the most obscene opulence. How many houses does JRM have? How many bedrooms? Its the poor you see, that's where all of our wealth has gone. The Spoiled, feckless, entitled poor. Jesus christ we're in f*cking trouble.
So How much do YOU actually help the real poor in the world then ?
In actual fact I contribute a large part of my spare money to those in REAL need, but mainly abroad !
Seems like many who are left wing do a lot of shouting about all this, then BLAME the government all the time. Dont see all these left wing celebs ( who shout and cry a lot, Lilly Allen to mention just one ! ) actually taking refugees into their mansions or donating a million or so or their massive wealth, no just blame the government all the time !
If people are really worried and want to help, then forgo a few holidays abroad. Skip buying the new car or the bottles of wine and nights out at the restaurants ! As to those supposedly in need of a better diet, set up cookery classes to teach them to cook good fresh food, so much cheaper, do it myself, rather than living on takeaways and microwave meals. Teach people the value of money and the best ways to make use of any money they have to get the best value out of what they have. Teach people to not overuse their credit cards and then end up paying massive amounts of high interest charges, practical help, about time schools taught children on how to become adults and manage their finances properly when they leave school. No sorry, been there, done it, got the tee shirt, traveled and seen the real world. Many people in Asian countries would consider our so called austerity as........... prosperity !
Oh, that makes it alright then,
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:14 am
moonwalk19 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:56 am

Building Council houses would be a good place to start.

The Food banks is not the only problem.

Its the fact that im about to be homeless is the problem.
( suprised im not already to be fair)
The fact so many people can not afford to live in London now is beyond a joke.
People being forced to live in HMO's

Last time i was living in 1 of those i was nearly gassed to death because an idiot
In the building didnt turn the cooker off properly.
It was the 2nd time over the yeras that had happened.

One of the major reasons i told the council i.couldnt feel safe in a HMO instead of a secure flat.
They have told me politely i am not vilnerable enough to be rehomed .
They have said that to other fsmilies ( English ones )
That i saw in the re-housing offices on Fulbourne road when i was there as well . How is a 5 year okd & a baby not vulnerable ?

Rent in London ( Walthamstow )s beyond my earning capabilities , if i want to have a life that means i can eat every day pay my bills & possibly get a game at Orient once in a blue moon.

Foriegn aid really has little or nothing to do with it , as it allows Britain buisness opportunity in such places..
70.pence of every £1000 made in the uk goes to foriegn aid a total of £13.4 billion in 2017.

Yet £300 billion is for HS2 .
£205 billion for trident.

Just so you know.
Foreign aid is a complete sham though,
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

What have I really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Theresa May's decisiveness just a few days before the 2017 GE in authorising a few £million of tax payers' money on bombing empty sheds in Syria.

It was such desperate and urgent intervention that it had to be done on a weekend - when parliament could not possibly be consulted.
Of course the timing of it was pure coincidence … She knew that the Labour party leader would not and could not condone such military action and that she therefore would be able to use this for Tory party-political purpose in the General Election.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I've no intentions of getting involved in this thread but I couldn’t help noticing some of the choice parting shots from some of the exchanges. Here are a few of them :
'you tit'
'you're a pair of contemptible wan__rs'
'They are a pair of c--ts'
'Take your head out of your arse'
'People like you boil my piss'

Happy Christmas everyone!' All this because of a differing political view.
Just goes to show....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Got to say this was pretty special

The country is falling down like the sign now

Should have been a warning.