New Manager Chosen

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: New Manager Chosen

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm
Frogger wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:59 pm I would have liked Tim Flowers to have had the gig.
Madness!! He plays dated football that is not good to watch, I certainly would not dig him down here anytime soon.
Have to agree with your positive forecast fella. ;)
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

What about Dave "Sexy" Sexton?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Is it "early next week" yet?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm
Byways1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm Glad to see it reported elsewhere first.

We will no doubt benefit from his wealth of experience managing in L2.

If he was the best of the 40 applicants then bloody hell. Bring back Ross.
I thought you said the owners will find the best man and paying a extra few quid won’t be an issue :lol:
Blimey, he can’t have been first choice, I suggest about 5th.
They might as well left Ross in charge if this is the limit of their ambition.
Appalling appointment.
Agree totally. May just as well have stuck with RE.
RE resigned. Sticking with Ross was not an option. And who knows whether he was 1st choice or the only choice. All speculation which will be affected by personal bias rather than any knowledge. More speculation but in the alleged 60k compo to Bournemouth is true, he ain’t come cheap.

We’re all guessing
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Byways1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Wally Banter wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:15 pm Didn't we have a rookie manager who took us from the bottom end of League 2 to promotion once, in his first manager role? Martin Something...?
This bloke has had two years at a club bigger than Orient at the same level, and he was hopeless and hasn’t managed anyone since.
I'm trying to see this appointment in a positive light . Fletcher was managing Plymouth during a very difficult period for the club and had one hand tied behind his back . As for your second point , maybe he didn't want to go back into management just after that stage because he had a decent secure job at Bournemouth . Who knows ?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Bythewayimanidiot is just trying his hardest to fan the flames of hatred towards a person who has not even been officially appointed to the role.

Best to ignore him when hes in that mode.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:57 am Bythewayimanidiot is just trying his hardest to fan the flames of hatred towards a person who has not even been officially appointed to the role.

Best to ignore him when hes in that mode.
TBH, I've never known him to be in any other mode
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm
Byways1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 pm

I thought you said the owners will find the best man and paying a extra few quid won’t be an issue :lol:
Blimey, he can’t have been first choice, I suggest about 5th.
They might as well left Ross in charge if this is the limit of their ambition.
Appalling appointment.
Agree totally. May just as well have stuck with RE.
RE resigned. Sticking with Ross was not an option. And who knows whether he was 1st choice or the only choice. All speculation which will be affected by personal bias rather than any knowledge. More speculation but in the alleged 60k compo to Bournemouth is true, he ain’t come cheap.

We’re all guessing
Yes, and why did he resign? Anything to do with the rumblings of discontent behind his back, I wonder..

The bottom line here is that unlike most other clubs we are restricted as to what manager we would like at this club simply because of the Dof and management set up.
We have to choose someone that can slot into this structure. Carl Fletcher in all probability, was one of a few that fitted the bill. So he 'became' our choice. I am very disappointed with this appointment but I shall give him my full support. I hope he makes me eat my words.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

And yet we managed to get a manager like Justin.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

You've stumped me there..
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

If Bournemouth really want compo to release a long serving employee to a career launching opportunity as a manager elsewhere, then f*** them.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm If Bournemouth really want compo to release a long serving employee to a career launching opportunity as a manager elsewhere, then f*** them.
That’s life. Why should they do us any favours. Him going may cause them problems
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Fletcher was managing their under-21s and then became manager of their loans - is this a promotion, a demotion or a sideways move? Strange.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 pm
RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm If Bournemouth really want compo to release a long serving employee to a career launching opportunity as a manager elsewhere, then f*** them.
That’s life. Why should they do us any favours. Him going may cause them problems
Not us. They should do him a favour. Thought you would have known about looking after your employees after your extensive boardroom career at the top?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

DuvB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm Fletcher was managing their under-21s and then became manager of their loans - is this a promotion, a demotion or a sideways move? Strange.
Discussed elsewhere. I'd say it's a promotion as it's a more important job. It doesn't mean he's sitting there filling out paperwork, it means he takes responsibility for the monitoring and development of their key assets at U23 level to get them ready for the first team squad.

But it's less relevant to being a head coach at a football club.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 pm
DuvB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm Fletcher was managing their under-21s and then became manager of their loans - is this a promotion, a demotion or a sideways move? Strange.
Discussed elsewhere. I'd say it's a promotion as it's a more important job. It doesn't mean he's sitting there filling out paperwork, it means he takes responsibility for the monitoring and development of their key assets at U23 level to get them ready for the first team squad.

But it's less relevant to being a head coach at a football club.
Interesting article on the Cherries website suggests it was a promotion. Two other positives, he's obviously somebody who wants to work with individual players and at our level and the size of our squad, that's doable. He also watches a lot of lower league football. Prepared to give him a chance if it is him.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/f ... a-bad-loan
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:41 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 pm
Not us. They should do him a favour. Thought you would have known about looking after your employees after your extensive boardroom career at the top?
Comments like that are tedious and boring. Change the record.

Many times players move clubs and there are transfer fees, you would have thought clubs would let players go for free if they’ve been good employees. I’ve even seen instances where clubs prevent players from moving on. Staggering.

There’s a real world out there and favours don’t always come into it.