Democratic - I don't think so......

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Democratic - I don't think so......

Post by Long slender neck »

So now it's a battle of which side is the most democratic?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

I can get the leavers digging their heels in, convincing themselves they wanted no deal all along and that everything is going to be ok. But trying to defend Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson for shutting down parliament is another leap altogether.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:36 am So now it's a battle of which side is the most democratic?
There’s only one person being undemocratic - Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:51 am I can get the leavers digging their heels in, convincing themselves they wanted no deal all along and that everything is going to be ok. But trying to defend Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson for shutting down parliament is another leap altogether.
Meanwhile, it's supposedly the supporters of Corbyn who are the "cult".
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

But if it's the rules that he can shut it down, then that's not undemocratic is it?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:38 pm But if it's the rules that he can shut it down, then that's not undemocratic is it?
The people spouting this poo poo are the ones bleating about MPs being undemocratic by voting down the pony brexit deal. :lol:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

There will be plenty of time for Remainer's in Parliament to block Brexit. All this hysteria for nothing . It's not about blocking a no deal Brexit but blocking Brexit altogether . Screaming about the loss of Parliamentary sovereignty while trying to remain apart of something that is going to erode that sovereignty is hypercritical.
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Presumably the same MPs moaning are the ones that made these rules in the first place?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:52 pm There will be plenty of time for Remainer's in Parliament to block Brexit. All this hysteria for nothing . It's not about blocking a no deal Brexit but blocking Brexit altogether . Screaming about the loss of Parliamentary sovereignty while trying to remain apart of something that is going to erode that sovereignty is hypercritical.
Can you explain what Sovereignty means and where it's being eroded by the EU? Thanks.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

So many brexiteers truly believe, if we leave, we will become a powerful independent country, in charge of our own destiny.
If we leave, we wont become an independent country in charge of our destiny, we will become the 51st state of USA. We will be under their control, and I for one do not want that.
In reality, there isnt a single reason to want to leave the EU
There are new tax laws coming in the EU...........maybe thats why the rich Tories want to leave quickly now!
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Didn’t Blair sign us off to USA with his lies regarding Iraq all those moons ago
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

admin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:58 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:52 pm There will be plenty of time for Remainer's in Parliament to block Brexit. All this hysteria for nothing . It's not about blocking a no deal Brexit but blocking Brexit altogether . Screaming about the loss of Parliamentary sovereignty while trying to remain apart of something that is going to erode that sovereignty is hypercritical.
Can you explain what Sovereignty means and where it's being eroded by the EU? Thanks.
Sovereignty means an end to unelected foreigners doing whatever they want without our agreement.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:38 pm
Sovereignty means an end to unelected foreigners doing whatever they want without our agreement.
We have something called Parliamentary sovereignty

It.means the Elected govt are given power by the people to do there best for the country.
In cases like brexit or joining the EU a vote is put to the people. It is then up.to the elected govt to do what it thinks is best.

Explained far better in this little clip
narrated by Stephen Fry
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

They're not unelected though.

The EU is a dual executive, there's a council and a commission. The council is where the ministers from member states meet and they make policies and do deals etc - they're elected in the states they come from. The commission is the bit that carries out the policies - they're unelected in the same way that civil servants in this country (or any country) are unelected. The commission can propose legislation but the council has to approve it. So it isn't unelected foreigners doing what they want at all.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

o-no wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm They're not unelected though.

The EU is a dual executive, there's a council and a commission. The council is where the ministers from member states meet and they make policies and do deals etc - they're elected in the states they come from. The commission is the bit that carries out the policies - they're unelected in the same way that civil servants in this country (or any country) are unelected. The commission can propose legislation but the council has to approve it. So it isn't unelected foreigners doing what they want at all.
We could have done with you explaining that to us all before the referendum - not that many leavers would have listened ;)
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:58 pm

It.means the Elected govt are given power by the people to do there best for the country.
In cases like brexit or joining the EU a vote is put to the people. It is then up.to the elected govt to do what it thinks is best.

narrated by Stephen Fry
Are you trying to tell me that those leave people who've been raging about remainers acting undemocratically have got it totally arse over tit then? So what's been happening with Brexit so far really is Democracy in action? Well, who would've thunk it?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

o-no wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm So it isn't unelected foreigners doing what they want at all.
I was of course jokingly referring to Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

BoniO wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:40 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:58 pm

narrated by Stephen Fry
Are you trying to tell me that those leave people who've been raging about remainers acting undemocratically have got it totally arse over tit then? So what's been happening with Brexit so far really is Democracy in action? Well, who would've thunk it?
Its democracy that is broken , but yes it is democracy.

Not.just here mind
Worldwide
People no longer Fear government ,
no fear of banking or debt.

They need a few hundred million of us to die
so they can assert themselves again & regain control.

This right & left sh*te is the camoflague for what is coming.

Driven by banks government & industry.
Ive said it a 100 times ,
The WORLD is skint
Nothing makes money like WAR