Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

E10EU
Fresh Alias

Re: Israel

Post by E10EU »

What will the children who survive the onslaught of Gaza think of those who let it happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... raumatised
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

E10EU wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:43 pm What will the children who survive the onslaught of Gaza think of those who let it happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... raumatised
If any children survive!
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

It is great news that some hostages have been released today and over the weekend. A glimmer of hope.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

E10EU wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:46 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:24 pm For context: IMEMC is a Palestinian news agency

Maybe we all need to hear more from them because most of the media here is so partisan.
Genocide happening in full view but the western world doesn't want to see.
Is that right? When I switch on any of the primetime (i.e. 6.00pm-ish) main news channels (BBC, Sky, ITV etc) the coverage appears to contains lots of reporting from within Gaza showing the impact of Israeli bombardment on civilians. There are photos and video footage across all the main media outlets, and social media.

And wasn't there a lot of criticism of large sections of Western media that rushed to report that an Israeli airstrike bombed that hospital, without proper evidence and based solely on statements made by Hamas? Could that not be cited of evidence of an anti-Israeli bias?

I'm not seeking to justify either or, here. But I keep reading comments from people, complaining about a supposed media bias that favours who they consider to be the "other side", whilst ignoring plenty of evidence to the contrary.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

This must surely be Sir Kier’s ‘nadir moment’ with numerous of his own backbenchers and councillors demanding he changes his stance . A defining moment to prove leadership. This could have serious consequences for him.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Some people arent appreciating continued slaughter of innocent palestinians. Another 700 reportedly killed.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I just dont know if we can trust the numbers.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

1400 or the 700 or maybe the 6000 ?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:19 pm 1400 or the 700 or maybe the 6000 ?
All of the numbers are unreliable but irrelevant anyway when some narrow minded people of which there are millions will blame the Jews for everything as they are indoctrinated with antisemitic traits. They blame the Jewish population for everything and have no regard to how history is repeating itself from the 30’s. You could have had no civilian casualties on the Palestinian side yet the same denunciation of the Jews would occur despite them being attacked in the first instance.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

From the Guardian's account of today's events ....

Gilad Erdan, Israel's ambassador to the UN is quoted as saying "We will refuse to issue visas to UN representatives. The time has come to teach them a lesson."

An assertion of being above all international rules and agreements?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:32 pm
All of the numbers are unreliable but irrelevant anyway when some narrow minded people of which there are millions will blame the Jews for everything as they are indoctrinated with antisemitic traits. They blame the Jewish population for everything and have no regard to how history is repeating itself from the 30’s. You could have had no civilian casualties on the Palestinian side yet the same denunciation of the Jews would occur despite them being attacked in the first instance.
You seem to be conflating Israel with all Jewish people. This is not good.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

What a load of old tosh you keep on repeating. You must bore yourself, as well as most on here, sh-it less repeating the same old diatribe. Doubtless there are those who do hate Jews but the majority just hate what the STATE of Israel is doing - that's the Government of Israel - not all of the people who live there.
Mind you, why I'm pointing this out when you already know this I'm not really sure. I'm probably talking to Gary the Plumber, Max Fowler, Rich Tea Wellin or one of the other aliases anyway. I'm going back to my cup of tea and plate of biscuits now. Au revoir.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

BoniO wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:51 pm
What a load of old tosh you keep on repeating. You must bore yourself, as well as most on here, sh-it less repeating the same old diatribe. Doubtless there are those who do hate Jews but the majority just hate what the STATE of Israel is doing - that's the Government of Israel - not all of the people who live there.
Mind you, why I'm pointing this out when you already know this I'm not really sure. I'm probably talking to Gary the Plumber, Max Fowler, Rich Tea Wellin or one of the other aliases anyway. I'm going back to my cup of tea and plate of biscuits now. Au revoir.
Like saying you can’t stand the Conservatives but you get on fine with your entire neighbourhood who vote Tory. A fine line to draw.

A sunny afternoon to you too.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Every response is just meaningless. Incredible.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I’m not sure why people keep engaging with him
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:21 pm

Like saying you can’t stand the Conservatives but you get on fine with your entire neighbourhood who vote Tory. A fine line to draw.

I've finished my biscuits, very nice too. OK, so is it reasonable to say I hate our current Government but I don't hate the people who live in the UK?

I can't see any "fine line" there.

Now I know what being a primary school teacher must be like.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:46 pm

The coalition Israeli Government are so fragile and weak the terrorist attack has weakened it further as they had their eye off the ball. The Israeli PM just managed to form a Government.

The tearing down of posters of Hamas victims and hostages by certain individuals cannot convince me that antisemitic feelings are not on the increase.
Some of the footage on social media , depicting antisemitism is awful.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

BoniO wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:29 pm

I've finished my biscuits, very nice too. OK, so is it reasonable to say I hate our current Government but I don't hate the people who live in the UK?

In any event it will be fascinating as to how Starmer rides this storm as most of his problems are within his own party. His MPs are bursting to express themselves but must show constraint. The councillors are resigning up and down the country.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Nobody is blaming Jewish people. They are blaming an Ultra right wing leader for his countries brutal response to a civilian population. A Response to a Brutal attack on Israel by hamas doesnt mean you can also kill women & children of a different nationality or faith to make it equal. Kill hamas by all means but not this way. Innocent life is to important for that. The Holocaust itself teaches us that.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:38 pm

In any event it will be fascinating as to how Starmer rides this storm as most of his problems are within his own party. His MPs are bursting to express themselves but must show constraint. The councillors are resigning up and down the country.
Haven't you got some tax-avoiding customers to assist? Nobody could possibly be this bad at responding sensibly. You just have to be Max or Gary or, or, or.......
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:29 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:46 pm

The coalition Israeli Government are so fragile and weak the terrorist attack has weakened it further as they had their eye off the ball. The Israeli PM just managed to form a Government.

The tearing down of posters of Hamas victims and hostages by certain individuals cannot convince me that antisemitic feelings are not on the increase.
Some of the footage on social media , depicting antisemitism is awful.
Now try this again while a) not breaking the quote function and b) using words which relate to the previous point being made.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

So you do not have to press quote you mean?

Thank you.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

BoniO wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:53 pm
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Haven't you got some tax-avoiding customers to assist? Nobody could possibly be this bad at responding sensibly. You just have to be Max or Gary or, or, or.......
He's definitely one of the retired bunch.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:26 pm I’m not sure why people keep engaging with him
This.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Can someone please teach him how to quote properly?