Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Thor »

One of my cabbie mates told me that IKEA edmonton I think he said has been converted to a testing centre in the car park. One they get the tests I guess they are going to tell people get yourselves down there and get tested. Then replicate that everywhere. The only trouble is they want lots of people in the same place at once. Thanks, but no thanks.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thor wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:29 pm One of my cabbie mates told me that IKEA edmonton I think he said has been converted to a testing centre in the car park. One they get the tests I guess they are going to tell people get yourselves down there and get tested. Then replicate that everywhere. The only trouble is they want lots of people in the same place at once. Thanks, but no thanks.
Captive audience if you wanted to sell masks out the back of your van though?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

It was a discussion.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Thor wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:35 pm It was a discussion.
Maybe you could have disucssed why Public Health England guidelines on PPE say NHS staff need to wear short gloves, a surgical mask and a plastic apron to protect themselves from the virus. Whereas WHO guidelines say they should be wearing special respiratory masks, visors, surgical gowns and two pairs of gloves.

It is clearly evident why the current kit regulations are described as providing "totally inadequate" protection against the Coronavirus. Yet she and her colleagues, are being expected to risk their lives on every shift.

PPE at my Wife's Hospital is now under lock and key of senior staff - as shortages of even the basics are at a critical level (and have been for a week)!

When is Matt Hancock and this incompetent Tory Government going to address this issue? I'll tell you when; when it's too bloody late. :twisted:

Meanwhile, your mindset was focussed upon the opportunity of making a profit. That's actually quite disgusting; even if it was in conversation, it truly shows 'the mark' of some people in society.

By the way, please don't wish her well in her job........because it's just simply hollow words; and doesn't really mean a toss coming from any of your mob.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Obviously the PHE guidance is taking into account what is available but it's not true that it's totally inadequate. It is a relatively infectious virus, but not spectacularly so and just like any virus if you stop it getting in to your body you can't catch it. Just like any other virus a wipe of disinfectant over a surface is enough to get rid of it Working in a clinical setting following all infection control guidance and using the PPE provided correctly is probably safer than the journey to work. As awful as it is that anyone dies doing their job if the equipment was totally inadequate the numbers of deaths would be much higher.

I totally get the fears and anxiety but there is a real risk of scaremongering due to a lack of understanding of the risks and how to mitigate them. Unfortunately I had to have some tough conversations with staff yesterday that they might need to make a choice between coming to work or not getting paid, furlough doesn't apply if your job is required. I was hoping that there would be enough people who would feel confident enough that they would willingly work with people who have tested positive but in the last few days the fear has really escalated and there are just not enough people sticking their hands up to make it possible to just rely on them.

There were massive issues with availability of PPE, slightly better now but still in ridiculously short supply. Ours are under lock and key too, not because I'm stopping anyone using it as needed but as what I think is a fairly sensible precaution to ensure it's used as needed and none goes missing. That's to protect people here not because I'm a mean b*stard stopping people having the protection they need.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:29 pm One of my cabbie mates told me that IKEA edmonton I think he said has been converted to a testing centre in the car park. One they get the tests I guess they are going to tell people get yourselves down there and get tested. Then replicate that everywhere. The only trouble is they want lots of people in the same place at once. Thanks, but no thanks.
If you had watched regular television News last week youd have seen it all yourself &
not needed to listen to your rather dubious friend circle.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Muscular liberalism

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm
Disoriented wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:47 pm
RedO wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:35 pm Why is this gobshite still being asked for his opinion?

Good to see his priorities haven't changed - “Unless you are able to get mass testing at scale, with speed, I don’t see how you can get a way out of this lockdown and I am terrified by the economic damage we are doing with every week this lockdown continues. This damage is enormous … If it goes on for a long time then it doesn’t just affect the economy per se, it also affects the ability to operate your healthcare service effectively.”

What about the people that are dying horrible deaths in isolation, Tony? Doesn't that terrify you as well? silly sausage.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronav ... al-2530375
This is the Tory Watch thread fella. Best to save your vitriol for Tony, the most successful leader Labour has ever had, and his acolyte, Sir I-Keir, for the other thread.
This is in it's rightful home, Dis.
:lol:

Refreshingly predictable fella.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Oh, bloody hell. Raab’s in charge and Gove is fronting up the media campaign. FFS! At least Priti Vacant Patel seems to have done a Lord Lucan and disappeared the last few days. Small mercies and all that.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

slacker wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:04 am Oh, bloody hell. Raab’s in charge and Gove is fronting up the media campaign. FFS! At least Priti Vacant Patel seems to have done a Lord Lucan and disappeared the last few days. Small mercies and all that.
Is Priti Vacant pronounced in the same way Johnny Lydon did?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

slacker wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:04 am Oh, bloody hell. Raab’s in charge and Gove is fronting up the media campaign. FFS! At least Priti Vacant Patel seems to have done a Lord Lucan and disappeared the last few days. Small mercies and all that.
Nope Goves into isolation
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

It'll be interesting to watch if the government becomes more effective with some of the dullards hors de combat.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

With Gove going into self isolation, they'll soon be no one left to give us updates on the BBC
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

They could always send Larry out to do it.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:58 am They could always send Larry out to do it.
Probably talk more sense too
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:31 am It'll be interesting to watch if the government becomes more effective with some of the dullards hors de combat.
You won't be saying that when the highly intelligent and competent Pritty Patel is in charge.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:27 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:31 am It'll be interesting to watch if the government becomes more effective with some of the dullards hors de combat.
You won't be saying that when the highly intelligent and competent Pritty Patel is in charge.
Lord help us. Forlorn hope that if they keep on digging down far enough they might strike pay-dirt and find someone competent.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Smug, pompous, hypocrite Tory Boy, Robert Jenrick, well and truly caught out:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... 9-lockdown

:clown
Last edited by NuneatonO's on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:35 pm It was a discussion.
Spivs should be treated like looters.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dis I retired mid 40's I ain't a slave to no one.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:36 am Dis I retired mid 40's I ain't a slave to no one.
You are amazing.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Surprised the government seem so weak on PPE

Given they all did it at University
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Just read that Sir Kier wants to give the NHS frontline workers a medal when this is all over. 😂
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

RedO wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:32 pm Just read that Sir Kier wants to give the NHS frontline workers a medal when this is all over. 😂
I think they're prefer a pay rise that reflected their importance to society.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

How about PPE now instead?