Who made the decision to appoint Paul Terry?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: The Terry boycott

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:57 pm
Admin wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:55 pm
Chocolate_brownie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:45 pm

Out of interest, what exactly does this Tuffers bloke have to do to get a ban from here?

He’s by far and away the most belligerent, abusive mad just generally unpleasant person on this board and yet you seem to treat him with impunity. Why is that?
If you’ve been here long enough, you’ll notice that there’s not a lot of sanctions going on generally.

He’s a pain in the arse for sure but theres been far worse than him on here with far more unpleasant agendas.
Fair enough. He does seem to sit in the “annoying attention seeking kid” category rather than being outright malicious.

I have him on foe anyway but that doesn’t really do much because he comments on every single thread and people inevitably end up quoting him so I still see his tedious guff.
Outrageous accusation . Not even close to every thread !!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:26 pm
Admin wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:14 pm Not everyone Tuffers.Just those who are falling for the most sledgehammer wums.
Dunners WUMS me every day and wins every time. Can you please ban him. Cheers.
Yes but you are the same persons ! ;)
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 pm List so far, add your names to the below.

Confirmed:

Bluecap
Y o y o y o
Ronnie Hotdogs
Omygawd
Cockhat
PondhillO
You'll all be missed :cry:
ValJac
Fresh Alias

Paul Terry.

Post by ValJac »

Not going to hang around for the massive debate this will no doubt cause, but I will state what I know to be fact.

A friend of ours, Justin Miller was at R & D when the Dale Roberts suicide happened.

Whilst there was some suggestion (never proven and denied by parties involved) that it was caused by an “affair” between PT and LC the inquest found, and his teammates agreed that Dale was especially worried that the serious injury he had suffered and kept him out of the team had caused his depression, and he was seriously concerned about his football career.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Paul Terry.

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dales parents and friends said differently at the inquest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... other.html
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 am Dales parents and friends said differently at the inquest.

His parents talk about his depression from injury and subsequent anxiety about playing far more than the alleged affair.

That article paints JE in a far worse light than PT, but since when did the mail become a reputable source?
ValJac
Fresh Alias

Post by ValJac »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 am Dales parents and friends said differently at the inquest.

Upset parents look for a scapegoat?

It was a horrendous time for all involved, partner, family, friends and teammates.

However the information given at the inquest, which was condensed and sensationalised by the media (they wouldn’t have liked a story that refuted what they wanted) showed there was no proof of the affair.

That photo in the article shows Dale’s mother and his fiancée together.

No one incident ever causes someone to end their life, trust me I sadly have personal experience of that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ive spoken to a bunch of mates who wont be renewing season tickets or attending games while Terry is here .

I remember him being banned from the club from trying to poach our players to .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ValJac wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:33 am

It was a horrendous time for all involved, partner, family, friends and teammates.

However the information given at the inquest, which was condensed and sensationalised by the media (they wouldn’t have liked a story that refuted what they wanted) showed there was no proof of the affair.

That photo in the article shows Dale’s mother and his fiancée together.

No one incident ever causes someone to end their life, trust me I sadly have personal experience of that.
Its a time you expect friends & colleaguess to support you .

Not alledgedly F*ck your misses !

How about the ban he got from the Club for trying to poach our players ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Who made the decision to appoint Paul Terry?

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:27 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:13 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:27 pm Saint Justin
You absolute tool.
The moderator of a Leyton Orient message board making sarcastic comments about a legendary manager who passed away relatively recently in the grand scheme of things is an incredibly odd look.

I can’t tell if he’s being serious or using Justin to wind up other members. Either way it’s pretty shocking. How is this guy a moderator?
Hey Admins
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Look, I don't think anyone is saying he's a great bloke, but the scapegoating of him for another persons suicide is unfair. If his surname wasn't Terry the press would not have even bothered with it.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Couldn’t sleep last night given my level of outrage here. The thing that gets me is that the owners/stewards of our club either knew the reaction this would have or are totally incompetent. Cannot stomach Paul Terry being at our club again, this is not an association we should have. What’s more we are in a relegation battle and the owners have gone out their way to alienate the fan base at this time!!!! Had huge respect for NT but the judgement here beggars belief.
4 season tickets, will not be renewed. No more streaming. No more Orient for the time being. Cheers T & T!!!!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Alienated fans before this .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:23 am Look, I don't think anyone is saying he's a great bloke, but the scapegoating of him for another persons suicide is unfair. If his surname wasn't Terry the press would not have even bothered with it.
what about his misses, if he didnt wanna f*ck her anymore get divorce . would you be ok if someone from work was shagging your misses ? morals like that no wonder the world is so f*cked !
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 pm List so far, add your names to the below.

Confirmed:

Bluecap
Y o y o y o
Ronnie Hotdogs
Omygawd
Cockhat
PondhillO
Whether its Bechetti, Ling, Embleton or Jackett, you guys are always looking for someone to blame
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:37 am
Adz wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:23 am Look, I don't think anyone is saying he's a great bloke, but the scapegoating of him for another persons suicide is unfair. If his surname wasn't Terry the press would not have even bothered with it.
what about his misses, if he didnt wanna f*ck her anymore get divorce . would you be ok if someone from work was shagging your misses ? morals like that no wonder the world is so f*cked !
I know people who have had affairs, I don't judge them for it, despite it being something I wouldn't do. You also seem to be conflating someone's actions with me.

Reading up on the case, JE's treatment of Roberts as his manager was just as bad, if not worse, and I don't remember anyone complaining about him?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:09 pm Isn't this all a big overreaction? The guy may have been a complete bumhole, but maybe he's changed? And it's hardly like he's as bad as proper baddies, like Hitler, Putin and Corbyn.
So youd be ok with a work colleague f*cking your misses then ?

Because he wasnt Hitler or Putin

F*ck you really are claiming because a bloke played a hand in some lads death no matter how small
Everyone should be ok because they aint Hitler or Putin ?

F*ckin Deluded Dunners !
Exactly tuffers. But it's a sliding scale.

I think that if I found out 'er indoors was shagging Putin or Hitler (or even both), I'd be very disappointed in her. But probably less disappointed was it with someone like Nelson Mandela or Richard Burgon.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:15 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:37 am
I know people who have had affairs, I don't judge them for it, despite it being something I wouldn't do. You also seem to be conflating someone's actions with me.

Reading up on the case, JE's treatment of Roberts as his manager was just as bad, if not worse, and I don't remember anyone complaining about him?
Read back my posts when JE died

Wasnt my favourite when we got him
Partially because of the Roberts incident & what I'd read

Just because you dont judge makes it ok ?

Trouble with the world today
People accepting atrocious behaviour as
Ok , instead of saying nah mate.

1 of my mates was going to pull some dog years ago.
His wife was also my mate who ive known as long as him, i pulled him up on it before he did something
He shouldnt .

Some people will speak up
Some just accept sh*t when it happens
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:20 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:09 pm Isn't this all a big overreaction? The guy may have been a complete bumhole, but maybe he's changed? And it's hardly like he's as bad as proper baddies, like Hitler, Putin and Corbyn.
So youd be ok with a work colleague f*cking your misses then ?

Because he wasnt Hitler or Putin

F*ck you really are claiming because a bloke played a hand in some lads death no matter how small
Everyone should be ok because they aint Hitler or Putin ?

F*ckin Deluded Dunners !
Exactly tuffers. But it's a sliding scale.

I think that if I found out 'er indoors was shagging Putin or Hitler (or even both), I'd be very disappointed in her. But probably less disappointed was it with someone like Nelson Mandela or Richard Burgon.
Id be as outraged at both
But i take fidelity seriously .
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:22 am 1 of my mates was going to pull some dog years ago.
Yeah. If only the rest of the world had the same high moral standards as tuffers.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Orient Punxx wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:15 am Couldn’t sleep last night given my level of outrage here. The thing that gets me is that the owners/stewards of our club either knew the reaction this would have or are totally incompetent. Cannot stomach Paul Terry being at our club again, this is not an association we should have. What’s more we are in a relegation battle and the owners have gone out their way to alienate the fan base at this time!!!! Had huge respect for NT but the judgement here beggars belief.
4 season tickets, will not be renewed. No more streaming. No more Orient for the time being. Cheers T & T!!!!
I know we are in a dire situation but what got this club through the Beelzebub end of days was the sense that those at the club who wanted the club to survive and the fans were together. That bond was cemented when Nigel & Co brought the club. Making the decision to employ Paul Terry whose flawed character is well documented, not only with regards to the tragic suicide of Dale Roberts, but his illegal betting on games, dubious tactics whilst an agent etc, surely there are many more capable candidates to employ who would not unsettle many of us who hold Orient close to our hearts.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:57 pm
Admin wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:55 pm
Chocolate_brownie wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:45 pm

Out of interest, what exactly does this Tuffers bloke have to do to get a ban from here?

He’s by far and away the most belligerent, abusive mad just generally unpleasant person on this board and yet you seem to treat him with impunity. Why is that?
If you’ve been here long enough, you’ll notice that there’s not a lot of sanctions going on generally.

He’s a pain in the arse for sure but theres been far worse than him on here with far more unpleasant agendas.
Fair enough. He does seem to sit in the “annoying attention seeking kid” category rather than being outright malicious.

I have him on foe anyway but that doesn’t really do much because he comments on every single thread and people inevitably end up quoting him so I still see his tedious guff.
Leave him alone he is the backbone of Leyton Orient Supporters
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Please rethink, that’s a horrible comment to make.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It was a pretty horrendous time for poor Dale as well.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The Mindsweep wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:27 am
Orient Punxx wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:15 am Couldn’t sleep last night given my level of outrage here. The thing that gets me is that the owners/stewards of our club either knew the reaction this would have or are totally incompetent. Cannot stomach Paul Terry being at our club again, this is not an association we should have. What’s more we are in a relegation battle and the owners have gone out their way to alienate the fan base at this time!!!! Had huge respect for NT but the judgement here beggars belief.
I know we are in a dire situation but what got this club through the Beelzebub end of days was the sense that those at the club who wanted the club to survive and the fans were together. That bond was cemented when Nigel & Co brought the club. Making the decision to employ Paul Terry whose flawed character is well documented, not only with regards to the tragic suicide of Dale Roberts, but his illegal betting on games, dubious tactics whilst an agent etc, surely there are many more capable candidates to employ who would not unsettle many of us who hold Orient close to our hearts.
I can understand Wellens putting his man forward. Ive no issue with that.

I just cannot understand Ling signing off on it. I’m going to wager neither travis or Kent are fully aware of his and his families history being based in America. And if they did, I can’t believe they would have approved it, not with what they say they want this club to be.

Ling has no excuse. This is one f*** up too many for him, as far as I’m concerned.