Koroma to Huddersfield Town (Rumour)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Re: Koroma to Huddersfield Town (Rumour)

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:54 pm
Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:42 pm Just too add. On a par with teams like err. Huddersfield.
A team just relegated from the Premier League v a team just promoted form non-league.

Hmmmm.
I am sure Abrahams has the same thoughts too.
Koroma is a much better player than Abrahams.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

He is now but not when Abrahams left. For his career, Koroma did the smart thing in staying and getting regular game time.

Abrahams took the shekels and has gone backwards.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Alzate Abraham’s Dalby

Still sort of doing nothing at bigger clubs

Porter

Ended up in non league

Bonne/Koroma

Could very well end up as bench warmers and then released

Football can be a cruel mistress
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

No one would have any idea what the future holds though. Adeboyajo chose to leave and is highly thought of at Barnsley and could get more game time next season in the Championship then Koroma does. Either way, they have both ended up at the same level at this point.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Wouldn't be surprised if we offer Abrahams a deal this summer.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 pm Alzate Abraham’s Dalby

Porter

Ended up in non league

Bonne/Koroma

And that's just the nature of football. Lots of players have potential, but how many go on to have a successful career, especially at the higher levels? Clubs are buying the chance of a player going onto bigger and better things and appreciate that this might not happen.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm
Red_Army wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm I want to know how people who think these players shouldn't have been sold would have tried to keep them.
Money.
And how do you think that would work? Genuinely interested.
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

Constanza wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm Let's get Cox back.
Stanz, Cox is fast becoming an obsession with you.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Blackadder wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Constanza wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm Let's get Cox back.
Stanz, Cox is fast becoming an obsession with you.
Be fair, he is the only player who had more than one decent season with us who didn't move on.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 pm I am sick of the apologists when we sell our best players. They must be supporters from the last 15-20 years. Funny isn’t it, we have been sh*t ever since we called ourselves little Leyton Orient and sell anyone that can kick a ball in the straight line. Before that we spent years in the championship. Good players came and stayed.
Kitchen, Cunnigham, Roader and others left in the 70's. It's how it works with most clubs.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 pm He is now but not when Abrahams left. For his career, Koroma did the smart thing in staying and getting regular game time.

Abrahams took the shekels and has gone backwards.
Gone backwards. f*cking hell some people think weirdly
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm
Red_Army wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm I want to know how people who think these players shouldn't have been sold would have tried to keep them.
Money.
You think Orient should have tried to match Championship Huddersfield's offer?
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 pm Alzate Abraham’s Dalby

Porter

Ended up in non league

Bonne/Koroma

Have to agree with you, I think JKs L1 not championship & I don't feel is half as good as the love I'm hearing,
Sure he shined in the National League but the championship, out of his depth,
Hope I'm wrong,
However I think Bonne will do well, I rated him higher than JK.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I think people are missing the point. Yes, Huddersfield are in a higher division. Now. But how did they get there? At some point, and I am using Huddersfield as an example, they must have kept there good players. Any team that is in the top two divisions has kept good players to be able to play there. It wasn’t magic. From 73 to 92 Huddersfield were in division three or division four all bar two seasons. We were in division two or three. We were a much better team than Huddersfield. From that time they have played in the premier league and us in the conference. At some point they must have stopped selling players and started buying good ones instead In that time we have never kept our best players ergo Huddersfield are now better than us and people comment here about of course he is going to go, it’s the great Huddersfield. The great Huddersfield that used to be sh*t until they stopped selling players and bought the good ones from the likes of us.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 pm I think people are missing the point. Yes, Huddersfield are in a higher division. Now. But how did they get there? At some point, and I am using Huddersfield as an example, they must have kept there good players. Any team that is in the top two divisions has kept good players to be able to play there. It wasn’t magic. From 73 to 92 Huddersfield were in division three or division four all bar two seasons. We were in division two or three. We were a much better team than Huddersfield. From that time they have played in the premier league and us in the conference. At some point they must have stopped selling players and started buying good ones instead In that time we have never kept our best players ergo Huddersfield are now better than us and people comment here about of course he is going to go, it’s the great Huddersfield. The great Huddersfield that used to be sh*t until they stopped selling players and bought the good ones from the likes of us.

Spot on !
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

Isnt' it harsh on the player though to deny the chance of him bettering himself, making more money and playing at a higher level?
Off The Hook
Fresh Alias

Post by Off The Hook »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 pm I think people are missing the point. Yes, Huddersfield are in a higher division. Now. But how did they get there? At some point, and I am using Huddersfield as an example, they must have kept there good players. Any team that is in the top two divisions has kept good players to be able to play there. It wasn’t magic. From 73 to 92 Huddersfield were in division three or division four all bar two seasons. We were in division two or three. We were a much better team than Huddersfield. From that time they have played in the premier league and us in the conference. At some point they must have stopped selling players and started buying good ones instead In that time we have never kept our best players ergo Huddersfield are now better than us and people comment here about of course he is going to go, it’s the great Huddersfield. The great Huddersfield that used to be sh*t until they stopped selling players and bought the good ones from the likes of us.

Very selective with your stats re Huddersfield

1stly they were in Div 2 five of those season's

They were in Div 1 in 1970-1972

They also have a history of being in top flight. The period you quoted was the club at a low
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

Also wouldn't a lack of ambition mean both Bonne and Koroma would've been sold in January when we was top, rather than improving the squad like we did to get over the line? If they'd both gone then, we may still have been in Non League now.

If a player moves on for money its better done at the end of the season.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Off The Hook wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:35 pm

They also have a history of being in top flight. The period you quoted was the club at a low
Denis Law played for them and Bill Shankly managed them. Show some respek.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 pm
Off The Hook wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Denis Law played for them and Bill Shankly managed them. Show some respek.
How could you forget Nathan Clarke
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 pm I am sick of the apologists when we sell our best players. They must be supporters from the last 15-20 years. Funny isn’t it, we have been sh*t ever since we called ourselves little Leyton Orient and sell anyone that can kick a ball in the straight line. Before that we spent years in the championship. Good players came and stayed.
No they didn’t.
kitchen had one good season and then put in a transfer request.
We also lost Hoadley and Roeder at about the same time.
We have always been a selling club so don’t try pretend we weren’t
You can also add Cunningham and Grealish to that.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I’m gutted that josh has left, he genuinely got me off my seat when he had the ball as you knew something could and generally did happen. He came out the youth side so as a supporter you (well I do) you tend to want them to do well even more than any player you may sign as they are an O. It’s been good watching him develop from a skinny boy who was pushed off the ball to a man who left defenders on their arse before scoring a goal.

I wish you well Josh if you read this, keep working hard and I for one am pleased for the opportunity that has presented itself to you. Good luck.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 pm Looking at all the comments, we are never happy. No ambition, deeply concerned....WHAT THE f*** DID YOU EXPECT?! Last time we had 'ambition' we had a nutter come along. Some people on here are mental.
You mean the bloke who hardly paid a transfer fee for anybody?
Most of the players he signed after the first month were all standard journeymen who’s wages couldn’t have been that great.
That initial splash of cash was the million the club got from the Moses transfer.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Gutted by this news.

I started listening to the interview, made it as far as Josh saying it’s been a long time coming and he’s signed because of their amazing fans, then had to stop.

Was listening to him say at the Villa game there was no way he could play U23 football then he goes and does this. Why?£?£? Does he honestly think he’s going to get a look in with their first team?

We needed 2 strikers as it was. Selling both Bonne and Koroma means we need 4, so just the 3 to bring in next week.
Byways1
Fresh Alias

Post by Byways1 »

They also have a very wealthy owner who is prepared to put his hand in his pocket to fund his hobby. Also club with a proud history and a modern ground with a large support base.