Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Would You Support Another Lockdown?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

Jack
Fresh Alias

Re: Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Post by Jack »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:22 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:15 pm
LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:36 pm I would be interested to find out the ages of those on here who are vehemently advocating another lockdown.

Probably all OAP's, who have had the freedom to live their lives how they liked and now selfeshly expect younger generations to adhere to tyrannical lockdowns leading to likelihood of job losses, losing housing, break up of family units and increases in mental health issues.

As someone has said if you want to lock yourselves away please do and let the rest of us lead our lives as we see fit
Whether you or I want a lockdown is irrelevant, because if the government want to re introduce one, they will do. At the present levels, there will not be another lockdown, but who knows where Covid numbers will be at Christmas or January!
Germany, I believe is about to go into another lockdown, as is The Netherlands, because of rising numbers. If those figures happen here, then lockdown will happen here too, regardless of if LeytonstoneRed wants it or not.
As for calling the last 2 lockdowns tyranical, thats ridiculous. Thousands were dying every day, the NHS couldnt cope. They wernt tyranical, they were sensible.
You throw the word tyranicl around too lightly. You want to go live in Iran, or North Korea, then you'd know what tyranny really is
The NHS couldn't cope because 50% of bed capacity has been lost over the last 20 years coupled with a 10 million increase in population.
So thats why there was a lockdown, and thats why there will be another lockdown in the future, if the same numbers of cases and of deaths occur
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:06 pm
George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:05 pm

But will you admit you don't care about others? That you are not willing to wear a mask to protect others?
I didn’t say any of those things. I said to take personal responsibility
Meaning the vulnerable should just keep away from other people indefinitely?
I am afraid that from what we know of this virus , yes , that has to happen.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Jack wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:33 pm
LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:22 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:15 pm
Whether you or I want a lockdown is irrelevant, because if the government want to re introduce one, they will do. At the present levels, there will not be another lockdown, but who knows where Covid numbers will be at Christmas or January!
Germany, I believe is about to go into another lockdown, as is The Netherlands, because of rising numbers. If those figures happen here, then lockdown will happen here too, regardless of if LeytonstoneRed wants it or not.
As for calling the last 2 lockdowns tyranical, thats ridiculous. Thousands were dying every day, the NHS couldnt cope. They wernt tyranical, they were sensible.
You throw the word tyranicl around too lightly. You want to go live in Iran, or North Korea, then you'd know what tyranny really is
The NHS couldn't cope because 50% of bed capacity has been lost over the last 20 years coupled with a 10 million increase in population.
So thats why there was a lockdown, and thats why there will be another lockdown in the future, if the same numbers of cases and of deaths occur
The same numbers won’t occur
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Do you know how many double jabbed , vulnerable people have died of COVID .? I don’t but I do know vulnerable friends in their 70s who have recently contracted COVID and despite feeling rough , both are fine. That’s encouraging at least
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

How many aliases do Thor & Mungo have on here ?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Avoid others
But will you admit you don't care about others? That you are not willing to wear a mask to protect others?
BUT YOU CANT TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHER PEOPLES BEHAVIOUR FFS
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Take personal responsibility for things other people are responsible for. Simple!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

All so selfish cun*s can go about their business without any restrictions?

Any decisions one makes are not personal. They have an impact on society as a whole.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:47 pm

I’m not taking personal responsibility for others. I’m taking it for myself. Others need to do the same
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Any decisions one makes are not personal. They have an impact on society as a whole.
Stop being so pathetic. Vulnerable people are now vaccinated. Vulnerable people were not vaccinated before but still went about their business.
What exactly is it you want. Shut the country down again. And for how long do we have to do that for. And what happens when you consider it safe to open up again. It all happens again.
What miracle do you think will suddenly appear to change this and how long do you think it will be.
The able have to continue to allow the vulnerable to have any sort of life.
Get over it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

What about people who cannot be vaccinated? You are not willing to wear a mask in order to reduce their risk?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:01 am What about people who cannot be vaccinated? You are not willing to wear a mask in order to reduce their risk?
I am not against wearing a mask , no . But what are the numbers of vulnerable people who can’t be vaccinated. I don’t want to guess , but it can’t be many.
Currently the vaccination is the only solution to this awful pandemic. Hopefully an eradication solution will be found soon. But as it is , we have to live with it.
The vaccination gives protection to the vulnerable. Those that can’t be vaccinated will need to do what’s best for themselves. Those that refuse the vaccination will have to accept the consequences.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Whats best is if others wear a mask when asked to do so.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Perhaps net zero is the solution. If , as we are being told , net zero means net zero , travel around the world will be a thing of the past. The Chinese can do what they like.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:40 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:47 pm

I’m not taking personal responsibility for others. I’m taking it for myself. Others need to do the same
Oh, Thorge.

‘Personal responsibility’ with regards to not catching Covid just isn’t a thing. It’s a throwaway catchphrase from the arseholes in government to remove themselves from their responsibilities and to enable them to blame us when things go to sh*t again.

‘Personal responsibility’ means someone can now stand right up your arse in the queue in supermarket if they so wish. ‘Personal responsibility’ means someone no longer has to wear a mask indoors if they don’t want to. ‘Personal responsibility’ means people can just go about their business exactly as they used to without any consideration to others.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:46 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Stop being so pathetic. Vulnerable people are now vaccinated. Vulnerable people were not vaccinated before but still went about their business.
What exactly is it you want. Shut the country down again. And for how long do we have to do that for. And what happens when you consider it safe to open up again. It all happens again.
What miracle do you think will suddenly appear to change this and how long do you think it will be.
The able have to continue to allow the vulnerable to have any sort of life.
Get over it
Where have I said we should lock down?

If there was proper leadership from this government - if social distancing was still a thing, if masks were still a thing - then we wouldn’t even need to consider a lockdown.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:16 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:01 am What about people who cannot be vaccinated? You are not willing to wear a mask in order to reduce their risk?
I am not against wearing a mask , no . But what are the numbers of vulnerable people who can’t be vaccinated. I don’t want to guess , but it can’t be many.
Currently the vaccination is the only solution to this awful pandemic. Hopefully an eradication solution will be found soon. But as it is , we have to live with it.
The vaccination gives protection to the vulnerable. Those that can’t be vaccinated will need to do what’s best for themselves. Those that refuse the vaccination will have to accept the consequences.
Vaccination is not the only solution.

Taking reasonable steps to stop it spreading is a solution.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

All of those steps you advocate slow the spread. They don’t stop the spread. These are short term solutions , not long term fixes .
The science and numbers don’t currently demand any additional measures.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I don’t need anyone to tell me that if I stand to close to someone in a queue I am more at risk from Covid. I already know that.
How do I avoid standing too close to my grandchildren, who attend school.
Should I still refuse invites to weddings or house parties.
Should I avoid going to Orient.
It isn’t possible to avoid risk completely. You have to do what you can.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 am All of those steps you advocate slow the spread. They don’t stop the spread. These are short term solutions , not long term fixes .
The science and numbers don’t currently demand any additional measures.
Not sure 'slow' is the correct word. A little courtesy for others would result in fewer infections. The more infections out there, the higher chance of another mutation.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Many have said that they will support a lockdown if it is needed, but that a return to mask wearing inside shops/pubs/restaurants (as in Scotland) and on all public transport ought to be used before that stage, preferably right now.

No-one, I believe, (without checking all through this thread) has been demanding a lockdown now.

It makes perfect sense to do "what you can" to try and reduce the spread of the virus in order to avoid the need for lockdown. That I agree with. The wearing of masks is a very small price for all of us to help prevent the spread of the virus and save lives. How can anyone truly argue against that?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

We went into central London yesterday. We were the only two in our packed tube carriage wearing masks.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am Many have said that they will support a lockdown if it is needed, but that a return to mask wearing inside shops/pubs/restaurants (as in Scotland) and on all public transport ought to be used before that stage, preferably right now.

No-one, I believe, (without checking all through this thread) has been demanding a lockdown now.

It makes perfect sense to do "what you can" to try and reduce the spread of the virus in order to avoid the need for lockdown. That I agree with. The wearing of masks is a very small price for all of us to help prevent the spread of the virus and save lives. How can anyone truly argue against that?
Wearing masks has its disadvantages.

Yesterday I picked up my old Primary 5 teacher who after 49 years failed to recognise me. She said it was probably a combination of the mask and her cataracts that led to the non recognition problem.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:06 am I don’t need anyone to tell me that if I stand to close to someone in a queue I am more at risk from Covid. I already know that.
But someone can stand too close to you and here’s nothing you can do.

You fail to see that this is a two way thing. It’s not just about ‘personal responsibility’, it’s about ones responsibility to everyone. No surprising that the Tory government don’t get that and no surprise that the selfish Dummies in this country don’t care either.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am Many have said that they will support a lockdown if it is needed, but that a return to mask wearing inside shops/pubs/restaurants (as in Scotland) and on all public transport ought to be used before that stage, preferably right now.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY