Track & Trace App....Will you be installing it?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Track & Trace App....Will you be installing it?

Post by Long slender neck »

RedO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:23 am Wonder what he’s done to get stitched up like this?
Man breaks his own rules for a shag and thats a stitch up?
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Lots of cynics here still, I don't trust govt. I don't know how it works, I don't think it will work, not doing it because we haven't tested people flying in, govt will know all about me (good cure for insomnia perhaps).

You know, I have flown to Australia on an Airbus A380. It is huge. 60 foot high. How can something that big stay in the air. I don't worry, just get on the plane and have a drink. I don't care that I don't understand the technicals, all I need to know is how to work the entertainment system.

Same for this App, It may not be the best thing ever, I don't know. All I ask is put your misgivings to one side for the time being, give it every opportunity and lets beat this virus....because if we don't we are f*cked, and worse our kids and grand kids will be for years to come.

And bear in mind, downloading the App is unlikely to hurt you or your family. The consequence of not downloading may well do so.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Harlow wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am Lots of cynics here still, I don't trust govt. I don't know how it works, I don't think it will work, not doing it because we haven't tested people flying in, govt will know all about me (good cure for insomnia perhaps).

You know, I have flown to Australia on an Airbus A380. It is huge. 60 foot high. How can something that big stay in the air. I don't worry, just get on the plane and have a drink. I don't care that I don't understand the technicals, all I need to know is how to work the entertainment system.

Same for this App, It may not be the best thing ever, I don't know. All I ask is put your misgivings to one side for the time being, give it every opportunity and lets beat this virus....because if we don't we are f*cked, and worse our kids and grand kids will be for years to come.

And bear in mind, downloading the App is unlikely to hurt you or your family. The consequence of not downloading may well do so.
Agree ! Some say other apps are better than the new NHS App that is going to be trialed in UK, well may be right, but something needs to be done and if a phone App can help to track this virus, then every little thing that will help beat it must be tried out. If we do not beat this virus, then this Country and many others are going to become bankrupt and disease ridden places to live in which case a complete breakdown of law and order may well occur.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/1 ... one_app/So how do the coronavirus smartphone tracking apps actually work and should you download one to help?
Bluetooth, GPS, cell towers, code scanning: what’s the best way?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

I truly believe that some people have become such brainwashed automatons by the Govt./MSM, they'd happily stand in the corner of a room with their thumb stuck up their arse; whilst pushing sharpened pencils into their ears......if they were advised to do so by Boris & Co.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

And some would even go to watch Leyton Orient. This isn't brainwashing, this is doing something very small for the benefit of everyone
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Mark my words - without the manpower for further investigative work, it's going to prove completely and utterly pointless.

At best, it will provide demographic 'data'.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:44 am
RedO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:23 am Wonder what he’s done to get stitched up like this?
How did this information come to light tho?

Come on, you’re not as stupid as you try to make out.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

RedO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Timing's a bit suspect, too.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

StillSpike wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:25 pm

By all accounts he's pretty useless at what he does so no great loss.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:43 am
Harlow wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am Lots of cynics here still, I don't trust govt. I don't know how it works, I don't think it will work, not doing it because we haven't tested people flying in, govt will know all about me (good cure for insomnia perhaps).

Agree ! Some say other apps are better than the new NHS App that is going to be trialed in UK, well may be right, but something needs to be done and if a phone App can help to track this virus, then every little thing that will help beat it must be tried out. If we do not beat this virus, then this Country and many others are going to become bankrupt and disease ridden places to live in which case a complete breakdown of law and order may well occur.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/04/1 ... one_app/So how do the coronavirus smartphone tracking apps actually work and should you download one to help?
Bluetooth, GPS, cell towers, code scanning: what’s the best way?
This App nonesense is the desperate act of an incompetent governnment trying to bolt the stable door long after the horse has bolted. People are needed to Trace, track and isolate - about 3,000 of them but that's too expensive and difficult to do and no use without widespread testing. Not to mention way beyond the capabilities of this government to organise properly.

Its all smoke and mirrors. Up and down the land youse can all argue about civil rights issues, people being selfish, others doing their bit by complying like the sheep they so obviously are until your hearts content because what you are not now talking about are the government lies surrounding this fiasco which get pumped out by the media lackeys day after day. (eg imaginary targets not being met, lack of PPE, false death toll figures etc etc).

Needless to say I will not be downloading this App. They can feckin' ram it.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

You mean they might be watching high profile people? Shocking.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

NuneatonO's wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm I truly believe that some people have become such brainwashed automatons by the Govt./MSM, they'd happily stand in the corner of a room with their thumb stuck up their arse; whilst pushing sharpened pencils into their ears......if they were advised to do so by Boris & Co.
It cuts both ways. Some people are so convinced that every single thing "the government" do is for nefarious reasons that they refuse to even consider doing something that might directly benefit their health or that of their loved ones.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

o-no wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:11 pm
NuneatonO's wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm I truly believe that some people have become such brainwashed automatons by the Govt./MSM, they'd happily stand in the corner of a room with their thumb stuck up their arse; whilst pushing sharpened pencils into their ears......if they were advised to do so by Boris & Co.
It cuts both ways. Some people are so convinced that every single thing "the government" do is for nefarious reasons that they refuse to even consider doing something that might directly benefit their health or that of their loved ones.
Thats not always because people are unreasonable or dogmatic, like a lot of things, it's based on trust which needs to be earned. I have absolutely no trust in anything this government does based on the last few months. They are trying to cover their own back, lying about figures and death tolls, back tracking on their inaction. Not sure where they've earned any trust that this app is being used for the right reasons and will work.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

faldO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:32 pm

IF that’s the case then it’s just another indicator of how crap this government is for listening to him isn’t it.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Harlow wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm And some would even go to watch Leyton Orient. This isn't brainwashing, this is doing something very small for the benefit of everyone
The usual protest at anything and everything people on this forum are true to form, still empty vessels always have made the most noise.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Completely correct.
The same as some ''REMAINERS'' will really hate it if Brexit turns out ok.
So are these anti NHS APP people really saying that they would have joyfully put this APP on their phones if the labour Party was in power, seems like it !
Surely defeating this virus is not a political issue, it infects and kills people regardless of what their politics are.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Yes and some would take the polar opposite position to the government opinion whatever.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

BoniO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pm

IF that’s the case then it’s just another indicator of how crap this government is for listening to him isn’t it.
Yes.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

JimbO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:26 pm
Yes and some would take the polar opposite position to the government opinion whatever.
Lazy, lazy, lazy thinking and completely untrue. If it were true why have we observed lockdown.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

faldO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:29 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pm

Yes.
So why haven't you been posting before about how useless he is.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pm
Harlow wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm And some would even go to watch Leyton Orient. This isn't brainwashing, this is doing something very small for the benefit of everyone
The usual protest at anything and everything people on this forum are true to form, still empty vessels always have made the most noise.
I'm not 'protesting' about the App per se ; nor overly concerned about the Big Brother aspect.

What I'm simply against is that it's going to be utterly pointless at this stage. As Max has alluded to - the horse has indeed already bolted.

I'm also somewhat dismayed at how dense people are trusting and endorsing something that (without 'Googling it') they haven't actually got the first idea of how the process is actually going to work.

Because it isn't.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:25 pm
Completely correct.
The same as some ''REMAINERS'' will really hate it if Brexit turns out ok.
So are these anti NHS APP people really saying that they would have joyfully put this APP on their phones if the labour Party was in power, seems like it !
Surely defeating this virus is not a political issue, it infects and kills people regardless of what their politics are.
If I truly believed using this app would help defeat the virus I would use it. But it is quite possible that it could make things worse - as discussed earlier on this thread. We all need to know the process behind the app. Until the government discloses this and the benefit is obvious I’m out.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Have no fear:

Scandel-hit Serco and GS4 to run the NHS Test & Trace Call Centres.
https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... ing-system

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

So it doesn't work properly then.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6644969

Well fkkk me sideways..........who'd have ever imagined that something introduced by this Tory Govt. would be yet another balls up! :lol:
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Shock