What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Post by Long slender neck »

If you two want to talk about tax stuff then make your own thread please.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm
spen666 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm

That wouldn't work as where do you apply VAT on online sales?

Company just says it is based abroad or in area with low local vat.
You apply to address bought from. So either the address sent to or the location of the device. As you would from a shop. Anything that does not have an address is put into a central fund and distributed to the poorer councils.
Dont forget there are lots of private sellers on amazon
1 price covers the ability to.sell to all of Europe .

Do Amazon pay there VAT ?
The next government will bring in a digital tax. This would work in exactly the same way.

VATis paid at purchase, so which ever company has sold would pay. So Amazon's cut will already have been taxed.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am
Still's Carenae wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm
You apply to address bought from. So either the address sent to or the location of the device. As you would from a shop. Anything that does not have an address is put into a central fund and distributed to the poorer councils.

The next government will bring in a digital tax. This would work in exactly the same way.

VATis paid at purchase, so which ever company has sold would pay. So Amazon's cut will already have been taxed.
Amazon would trade out if Luxembourg or any other non UK country and immediately not have to charge the tax High At businesses pay.

You have not by tax increased the advantage Amazon or other online company has,
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

spen666 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:28 am

Amazon would trade out if Luxembourg or any other non UK country and immediately not have to charge the tax High At businesses pay.

But you will reduce the advantage.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 am
spen666 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:28 am

But you will reduce the advantage.
You will increase the advantage as the firm in the local high street will have to charge the tax, but amazon won't.

Whilst I appreciate what you are trying to achieve, this proposal won't achieve it and will make things worse if it can be made to work.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Do you need some time out to learn how to read?
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

After 'Black Friday' we have 'Bloodpressure Friday'

Mikero
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I did enjoy Osborne getting booed at the 2012 Olympics, Johnson stuck on that zipwire, Cameron getting outed as a pig-fecker, May’s little dances and revelation about wheatfield naughtiness. That’s about it, though.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

slacker wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am I did enjoy Osborne getting booed at the 2012 Olympics, Johnson stuck on that zipwire, Cameron getting outed as a pig-fecker, May’s little dances and revelation about wheatfield naughtiness. That’s about it, though.
:lol:

The power poses were also cool.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

To see the myth of "One-Nation Conservatism" finally shown up to be the biggest and longest enduring lie of all.

Mikero
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Hah that wheatfield naughtiness, brings back oh so many memories, didn't know May had it in her for that sort of thing, (pun intended). Bit of a sham when you stop that sort of mylarkie.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Eat The Rich wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:49 pm These so called food banks make me laugh. Local one near me, i see some of them turning up in their cars, laughing and smoking cigarettes as they come out with lots of bags of food. There are few people in this country that really know real hardship. Go abroad to Asian, far eastern countries, Africa etc and see a different picture. Some real hardship out there and food is so expensive compared to our prices and the wages/benefits received. That is why so many are queuing up to get into the UK. One persons austerity is to another ones........prosperity !
Yep. That's whats f*cking up the country, the spoiled, pampered, feckless poor. Going to the foodbanks and filling their bags with life's essentials. How f*cking dare they?

I find it dispiriting as a human being to hear working class people talk like this. Things keep getting worse and worse and I keep hoping the penny will drop for people but it just doesn't happen. The ruling class have well and truly convinced ordinary people that the sh*t end of the stick is venison and its under threat from immigrants/the disabled/single mothers/university students/the unemployed/the underemployed/the employed but underpaid/the nurses/the teachers/The Europeans etc. Delete as applicable. All the while the bastards in charge live in the most obscene opulence. How many houses does JRM have? How many bedrooms? Its the poor you see, that's where all of our wealth has gone. The Spoiled, feckless, entitled poor. Jesus christ we're in f*cking trouble.
So How much do YOU actually help the real poor in the world then ?
In actual fact I contribute a large part of my spare money to those in REAL need, but mainly abroad !
Seems like many who are left wing do a lot of shouting about all this, then BLAME the government all the time. Dont see all these left wing celebs ( who shout and cry a lot, Lilly Allen to mention just one ! ) actually taking refugees into their mansions or donating a million or so or their massive wealth, no just blame the government all the time !
If people are really worried and want to help, then forgo a few holidays abroad. Skip buying the new car or the bottles of wine and nights out at the restaurants ! As to those supposedly in need of a better diet, set up cookery classes to teach them to cook good fresh food, so much cheaper, do it myself, rather than living on takeaways and microwave meals. Teach people the value of money and the best ways to make use of any money they have to get the best value out of what they have. Teach people to not overuse their credit cards and then end up paying massive amounts of high interest charges, practical help, about time schools taught children on how to become adults and manage their finances properly when they leave school. No sorry, been there, done it, got the tee shirt, traveled and seen the real world. Many people in Asian countries would consider our so called austerity as........... prosperity !
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Nah, not buying it.

Who is behind this one?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

F*ck The Poor & Fat wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 pm
Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Now I'm confused.

I care about the poor and want a government that will take us towards equality. I contribute towards foodbank charities not only with essentials but also time etc and I give to homeless charities. However, I'm also overweight and enjoy eating well. Am I part of the problem?

Or are you and your mate Sid just a pair of unpleasant, uncharitable and contemptible wankers?
No theyrapairacunts
You have absolutely no f*cking idea what I do, nor for how long. If you dare call me uncharitable again I’ll invite you to a face to face if you have the balls and we can discuss it man to man. That comment is outrageous and wrong so in the nicest sense, go f*** yourself. I do plenty but just don’t go around boasting about it, just quietly and unselfishly get on with it. An apology is needed but of course you won’t.
All these people howling here have no idea of what you and I do in our private lives. For one, despite being retired I non stop help those in my neighborhood with jobs they are unable to do themselves, go shopping for them, repair cars, gardening, house decorating, help them get the cheapest deals for gas and electricity, bargain buys for shopping, teach them how to budget themselves and also help many in poor third world countries. So all this nonsense and phony abuse is water off a ducks back to me. I try to help people in this country in practical ways, you cannot expect Governments to do everything, people have to also learn to help themselves and not just be dependent living on the benefit system.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:49 pm These so called food banks make me laugh. Local one near me, i see some of them turning up in their cars, laughing and smoking cigarettes as they come out with lots of bags of food. There are few people in this country that really know real hardship. Go abroad to Asian, far eastern countries, Africa etc and see a different picture. Some real hardship out there and food is so expensive compared to our prices and the wages/benefits received. That is why so many are queuing up to get into the UK. One persons austerity is to another ones........prosperity !
Yep. That's whats f*cking up the country, the spoiled, pampered, feckless poor. Going to the foodbanks and filling their bags with life's essentials. How f*cking dare they?

I find it dispiriting as a human being to hear working class people talk like this. Things keep getting worse and worse and I keep hoping the penny will drop for people but it just doesn't happen. The ruling class have well and truly convinced ordinary people that the sh*t end of the stick is venison and its under threat from immigrants/the disabled/single mothers/university students/the unemployed/the underemployed/the employed but underpaid/the nurses/the teachers/The Europeans etc. Delete as applicable. All the while the bastards in charge live in the most obscene opulence. How many houses does JRM have? How many bedrooms? Its the poor you see, that's where all of our wealth has gone. The Spoiled, feckless, entitled poor. Jesus christ we're in f*cking trouble.
In actual fact I contribute a large part of my spare money to those in REAL need, but mainly abroad !
Seems like many who are left wing do a lot of shouting about all this, then BLAME the government all the time. Dont see all these left wing celebs ( who shout and cry a lot, Lilly Allen to mention just one ! ) actually taking refugees into their mansions or donating a million or so or their massive wealth, no just blame the government all the time !
If people are really worried and want to help, then forgo a few holidays abroad. Skip buying the new car or the bottles of wine and nights out at the restaurants ! As to those supposedly in need of a better diet, set up cookery classes to teach them to cook good fresh food, so much cheaper, do it myself, rather than living on takeaways and microwave meals. Do sorry, been there, done it, got the tee shirt, traveled and seen the real world. Many people in Asian countries would consider our so called austerity as........... prosperity !
You can't solve an ocean of need with a spoonful of philanthropy as the old saying goes. Yes, I do my bit but its nowhere near enough when you've got the juggernaut of Capitalism and the state working against you. I don't have much money myself so there's a very limited amount that I can financially do. I'm always looking for ways to do more though. I did chuckle when you mentioned foreign holidays. Do you know how many times I've been abroad? Go on, guess. Would you also like to know how many holidays I've had? I mean actually packing bags and going away (somewhere in the UK). The first was some 35 or so years ago. I didn't have my second until earlier this year and it was only for three days. I don't drink either so the bottle of win insinuation is well off base. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't eat takeaways, chocolate, biscuits, crisps, sweets, cake or any of that stuff for health reasons.

As for the rest of your argument I'm going to let someone else point out the utter wretchedness of it because I'm tired, fed up and I just can't be bothered to explain it all again. Maybe when I've had a chill I'll point out why your attitude stinks.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:26 pm

If people are really worried and want to help, then forgo a few holidays abroad. Skip buying the new car or the bottles of wine and nights out at the restaurants ! As to those supposedly in need of a better diet, set up cookery classes to teach them to cook good fresh food, so much cheaper, do it myself, rather than living on takeaways and microwave meals. Do sorry, been there, done it, got the tee shirt, traveled and seen the real world. Many people in Asian countries would consider our so called austerity as........... prosperity !
You can't solve an ocean of need with a spoonful of philanthropy as the old saying goes. Yes, I do my bit but its nowhere near enough when you've got the juggernaut of Capitalism and the state working against you. I don't have much money myself so there's a very limited amount that I can financially do. I'm always looking for ways to do more though. I did chuckle when you mentioned foreign holidays. Do you know how many times I've been abroad? Go on, guess. Would you also like to know how many holidays I've had? I mean actually packing bags and going away (somewhere in the UK). The first was some 35 or so years ago. I didn't have my second until earlier this year and it was only for three days. I don't drink either so the bottle of win insinuation is well off base. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't eat takeaways, chocolate, biscuits, crisps, sweets, cake or any of that stuff for health reasons.

As for the rest of your argument I'm going to let someone else point out the utter wretchedness of it because I'm tired, fed up and I just can't be bothered to explain it all again. Maybe when I've had a chill I'll point out why your attitude stinks.
Good for you, you can also help by helping the vulnerable in your neighborhood. If we all helped one another rather than expecting the government to sort out all our problems, then things would improve. Many problems are self inflicted, seems in this day and age that some parents act like children themselves and are not giving the right advice to the younger generation. I have helped many people to get out of debt by advise on better budgeting etc. Few years ago, I saved a guy at work £500 a month by paying off his high interest loan by moving it to a very low interest one e.g, from 30% to 2%. I come from an old fashioned countryside way of living, where I was brought up to live modestly within my means, that teaching has served me well over the years, so that now I can help others by passing on the knowledge given by my mother and father.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If people are really worried and want to help, then forgo a few holidays abroad. Skip buying the new car or the bottles of wine and nights out at the restaurants ! As to those supposedly in need of a better diet, set up cookery classes to teach them to cook good fresh food, so much cheaper, do it myself, rather than living on takeaways and microwave meals. Teach people the value of money and the best ways to make use of any money they have to get the best value out of what they have. Teach people to not overuse their credit cards and then end up paying massive amounts of high interest charges, practical help, about time schools taught children on how to become adults and manage their finances properly when they leave school. No sorry, been there, done it, got the tee shirt, traveled and seen the real world. Many people in Asian countries would consider our so called austerity as........... prosperity !
How do you know whether or not people like Lilly Allen donate money to charities dealing with the refugee crisis? If it isn't the role of government to deal with these issues, whose is it?

Your argument is that unless they house refugees themselves,people, (famous or otherwise) shouldn't point out the failings of governments across the world to deal with the migrant crisis?

Can you please explain further how me not having a holiday helps migrants and refugees? I'd like to know how many lives my 2 weeks in florida this summer equated to.

And maybe, people are maxing out credit cards to just survive, pay rent, heating and put some poor quality food on their tables - basic necessities, not luxuries. Go and google "in work poverty" and educate yourself on how children are growing up hungry and in poverty despite their parents doing their best.

Christ people like you boil my piss.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oh the Bar parenting of others ,
Without knowing any of the parenting advice that went on

That's very harsh Sid & not really that helpful.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Admin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:42 pm

How do you know whether or not people like Lilly Allen donate money to charities dealing with the refugee crisis? If it isn't the role of government to deal with these issues, whose is it?

Your argument is that unless they house refugees themselves,people, (famous or otherwise) shouldn't point out the failings of governments across the world to deal with the migrant crisis?

Can you please explain further how me not having a holiday helps migrants and refugees? I'd like to know how many lives my 2 weeks in florida this summer equated to.

And maybe, people are maxing out credit cards to just survive, pay rent, heating and put some poor quality food on their tables - basic necessities, not luxuries. Go and google "in work poverty" and educate yourself on how children are growing up hungry and in poverty despite their parents doing their best.

Christ people like you boil my p*ss.
Yes a person like me who spends their life helping others is such a terrible person !!
I am helping people in practical ways, both locally and worldwide, so what are you doing to help those in need ?
I just think that rather than people complaining all the time and blaming the government ( who ever it may be at the time ) for all the problems in the world, it would be better if we all helped one another and helped in practical ways to help those in need by teaching them on ways that may help them to improve their lives.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:47 pm Oh the Bar parenting of others ,
Without knowing any of the parenting advice that went on

That's very harsh Sid & not really that helpful.
From what you say ''Tuffers'' in your comments, you are going through a bad time. Is there anyone or anywhere you can go to get advice or help to improve your lot ?
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

£200 heating allowance and £10 xmas gift.
maybe if labour get in it could well be £400 + £20.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

greyhound wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:04 pm £200 heating allowance and £10 xmas gift.
maybe if labour get in it could well be £400 + £20.
I just give mine away anyway.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What am I doing?

Well firstly, I'm trying to educate gammons like you into understanding that the problems like in work poverty and migration are the responsibility of governments and in most cases not the fault of those suffering. I suppose I'd call it stage 1 humanity. Not sure it's happening here though.

Love to hear how you're helping people worldwide - especially as most of your posts on this subject wreak of a "f***'em" attitude.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

You're wasting your time. They are trolls. Get rid.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Pension Freedoms. I don't have to buy an annuity at rock bottom rates and hope to live long enough to get my money back, instead I can take all my pension cash and squander it .