New manager shortlist.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PedrOAllenO
Fresh Alias

Re: New manager shortlist.

Post by PedrOAllenO »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm
PedrOAllenO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:23 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:17 pm So, over a week after Ross steps down. Ling has decided to approach Cambridge (if true). It’s good to know he’s been taking his role as DoF really seriously since appointing an “interim” coach. I don’t know which Ling is worse at their job
This is the same Ling that brought Bonne to the club. I can think of worse people to be picking a manager than the man who brought Justin Edinburgh to E10.
For every Bonne and Edinburgh, there's an Alabi and Davis. He signed his sh*t son too. Picking Bonne and Edinburgh doesn't take away from the fact he's seemingly waited over a week to approach one of his mates.
And who has confirmed that he has approached these people? Anyone at the club? The person approached? Ling? Perhaps refrain from judgement until an appointment is confirmed. I’m sure you would also be sceptical if he had announced a new manager the following day wouldn’t you?

Ling had nothing to do with the decision to sign Ling, as Edinburgh said in the initial announcement:

”As Sam is the son of our Director of Football, Martin Ling, it was decided that Martin was to remove himself from the decision which was ultimately made by me in consultation with the Board.” So blame Edinburgh for HIS sh*t signing if you feel that strongly about him.

No one at this club is perfect, mistakes will be made by those in high positions just as easily as those on the pitch. A bit of optimism wouldn’t go amiss considering Ling and co got us promoted last season and only one can go down this year.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

PedrOAllenO wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:53 am
PedrOAllenO wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:23 pm

This is the same Ling that brought Bonne to the club. I can think of worse people to be picking a manager than the man who brought Justin Edinburgh to E10.
For every Bonne and Edinburgh, there's an Alabi and Davis. He signed his sh*t son too. Picking Bonne and Edinburgh doesn't take away from the fact he's seemingly waited over a week to approach one of his mates.
And who has confirmed that he has approached these people? Anyone at the club? The person approached? Ling? Perhaps refrain from judgement until an appointment is confirmed. I’m sure you would also be sceptical if he had announced a new manager the following day wouldn’t you?

Ling had nothing to do with the decision to sign Ling, as Edinburgh said in the initial announcement:

”As Sam is the son of our Director of Football, Martin Ling, it was decided that Martin was to remove himself from the decision which was ultimately made by me in consultation with the Board.” So blame Edinburgh for HIS sh*t signing if you feel that strongly about him.

No one at this club is perfect, mistakes will be made by those in high positions just as easily as those on the pitch. A bit of optimism wouldn’t go amiss considering Ling and co got us promoted last season and only one can go down this year.
Learn to read before coming at me, I said “seemingly” and “if true”.

So, as DoF, he signed every other player but it was decided that he “remove himself from the decision”, nonsense.

I’m all for being optimistic but I’m not for being deluded.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Yeah, TBH if we ended up signing Calderwood it's a bit like believing Lingy if he said that we got permission from Cambridge first before starting discussions....

Perhaps Justin was only involved in the official ones but I'd bet there were a load of unofficial ones before that point. That is football.

I really can't believe Hendon could be considered. In his last spell we were not good in defence, and his signings for defence proved a waste, ie Dunne, Essam, Clohessy, Shaw. Also doesn't seem the type of man to galvanise, either do it his way or there will be fallings out. I'd rather go for Slade than him, and he is pretty low down on the list.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:47 am

So, as DoF, he signed every other player but it was decided that he “remove himself from the decision”, nonsense.

Suptrised the Sam Ling signing is still being raised. Of course Ling Snr and JE discussed the merits of signing Sam. Of course Martin offered an opinion and discussed the finances. However, he removed himself from the final decision for obvious reasons, despite that final decision being equally obvious.

Removing yourself from the decision does not mean had no involvement, just removing yourself from the final decision.

It’s history. Move on
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:20 pm
Eat The Rich wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:14 pm
Red_Army wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:08 pm A good source has told me that Ian Hendon may be in the running for the job. He left his role at Ebbsfleet today. He says that he's not 100% Hendon leaving and the vacancy are linked, but that he wouldn't be surprised.
Jesus wept.
I sincerely hope he's wrong.
A good sauce from Worcester told me Harry Redknapp is in the frame. Plenty of bottle and not too thick.
PedrOAllenO
Fresh Alias

Post by PedrOAllenO »

So you’re suggesting Ling Sr. Influenced a man as strong minded as Edinburgh seemed to be to sign his son?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

PedrOAllenO wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:10 pm

So you’re suggesting Ling Sr. Influenced a man as strong minded as Edinburgh seemed to be to sign his son?
Yes. You try telling your boss no.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

🤣😂🤣😂

Try tellling your boss NO

Wild horses couldnt hold me back if it was to tell My Boss No .
Considering Kent & Nigel are the bosses think how hard it would be to say ,

Bosses my son meeds a job , some really dont like him through no fault of his own , so you can you give him a job for a few years .

I doubt it.