Exiles/Matchday thread vs Charlton

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Exiles/Matchday thread vs Charlton

Post by Monkey Boy »

faith1234 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:55 am I agree with what people have said about yesterday game but we all know that this season was only going to be very hard teams that came down from the championship orient will find it hard to complete with them all money wise as long as the injuries are not bad I fancy a draw vs Birmingham next week
The result against Bolton was down to individual errors but as a team we didn’t deserve to loose imo but yesterday was purely down to a poor team performance and we got what we deserved. Both Bolton and Charlton are not going to set the pace this season they are nothing special and if we don’t pick up points against these sort of teams then we run the risk of getting relegated. It’s as simple as that. However I do feel that there’s lots of room for improvement once we get a settled team and formation.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:18 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:55 am I agree with what people have said about yesterday game but we all know that this season was only going to be very hard teams that came down from the championship orient will find it hard to complete with them all money wise as long as the injuries are not bad I fancy a draw vs Birmingham next week
The result against Bolton was down to individual errors but as a team we didn’t deserve to loose imo but yesterday was purely down to a poor team performance and we got what we deserved. Both Bolton and Charlton are not going to set the pace this season they are nothing special and if we don’t pick up points against these sort of teams then we run the risk of getting relegated. It’s as simple as that. However I do feel that there’s lots of room for improvement once we get a settled team and formation.
Bolton will be top 4 all season
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:19 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:10 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:42 pm Wellens post match will be funny, at least
Why, was he carded or did he get involved in another scuffle?
Booked for enthusiastically clapping one of our players. The referee misinterpreted it as sarcasm aimed his way for another sh*t decision.
I'm sorry but that's just a load of old fanny, if ever I've heard some.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:11 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:19 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:10 pm

Why, was he carded or did he get involved in another scuffle?
Booked for enthusiastically clapping one of our players. The referee misinterpreted it as sarcasm aimed his way for another sh*t decision.
I'm sorry but that's just a load of old fanny, if ever I've heard some.
It was pretty funny.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Ron Waffle wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:47 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:20 am Poor use of the subs yesterday imo if Galbraith was pulled off against Bolton with a slight pull why play him against Newport? Perkins looks like he didn’t want to get his socks dirty and won’t get stuck in, the other new guy looks more like a bodybuilder, Dan A isn’t a CF imo would be better out wide, Sweeney laid the ball on for the goal because he can’t use his right foot and the tackle he made should have been with his right foot. Beckles is now a liability he has no pace whatsoever,Pratley would have been a better option at CB (just). Donnelly should never had started so now I’m wondering whether if he has a clause in his contract to make sure he starts. To many subs were brought on to quickly so we lost continuity. Desperately need a LB with pace as I think we lack pace throughout the team. If we play like that against Brum we will get tonked
So much wrong with this I can’t even be bothered to point it all out.
Yep. The highlight for me was a defender not being able to block with his weaker foot
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He did try to block it with his left though.

I was wrong to blame Beckles. The other points about sweeney and brown not getting the ball and Happe being fouled are all valid.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:13 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:20 am Poor use of the subs yesterday imo if Galbraith was pulled off against Bolton with a slight pull why play him against Newport? Perkins looks like he didn’t want to get his socks dirty and won’t get stuck in, the other new guy looks more like a bodybuilder, Dan A isn’t a CF imo would be better out wide, Sweeney laid the ball on for the goal because he can’t use his right foot and the tackle he made should have been with his right foot. Beckles is now a liability he has no pace whatsoever,Pratley would have been a better option at CB (just). Donnelly should never had started so now I’m wondering whether if he has a clause in his contract to make sure he starts. To many subs were brought on to quickly so we lost continuity. Desperately need a LB with pace as I think we lack pace throughout the team. If we play like that against Brum we will get tonked
Yep. The highlight for me was a defender not being able to block with his weaker foot
You don’t really understand football do you beginning to think your a WUM too. Firstly that was a right footed challenge secondly all football players should kick with both feet or at least be able to make a challenge with either. And lastly if Sweeney had been nearer to the player he would have caught him and would have given away a penalty.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Why do people only ever notice left footed players as being one footed? It's bizarre.

I have literally never heard that accusation levelled at a right footed player.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

IMO we are very weak on our left side, Sweeney although he try’s he’s just not good enough and I’m not sure O’Neill is that good at defending to help him out. Actually the initial Euphoria about O’Neill has dissipated. I said last season he’s a young player and needed more time. If Theo were fit I doubt if you would see him on the starting sheet. Of course we could play 3 at the back as we are strong there and play a 5 man midfield and play two up front but RW doesn’t like that? But we definitely need a left back preferably with pace or can kick with both feet.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:46 am Why do people only ever notice left footed players as being one footed? It's bizarre.

I have literally never heard that accusation levelled at a right footed player.
Actually the same applies to them and I hope that’s answers your question?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:41 am

You don’t really understand football do you beginning to think your a WUM too. Firstly that was a right footed challenge secondly all football players should kick with both feet or at least be able to make a challenge with either. And lastly if Sweeney had been nearer to the player he would have caught him and would have given away a penalty.
Every line of that is gobbledegook.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:25 pm
Of it doesn’t to someone who can’t understand football,ever thought of following Darts. I think it would benefit you. Not to complicated👍
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:26 pm

Of it doesn’t to someone who can’t understand football,ever thought of following Darts. I think it would benefit you. Not to complicated👍
*too
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

I can understand some gobbledegook,
But that made no sense
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Brigs wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:42 pm

But that made no sense
Are you two married or the same person 🤔
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:17 pm
Brigs wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:42 pm

But that made no sense
Are you two married or the same person 🤔
I'm Monkey Boy, now stop mixing your aliases up 🐵
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:55 pm I don’t think the 4-2-2-2 formation helped us but regardless, you can’t go to Charlton with only 8 players and expect anything.
Didn't realise that this was a thing, just stumbled upon it:

https://www.clockworkoranje.com/p/the-b ... etherlands