Ruel gone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brigs
Fresh Alias

Re: Ruel gone

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Brigs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:34 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:30 pm

Maybe we couldn't afford it because we're buying El-Miz and the money couldn't stretch that far . I'll make my mind up about our transfer activity when the transfer window closes .
:lol:
Well I think if we sign El-Miz we would have to pay a fee for him . Ipswich took up the option of extending his contract .
:lol: :lol:
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

gshaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:04 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2024/ ... on-Orient/
we have an agreed budget and wage structure here and it is important for the long-term stability of the club that we stick to that. Myself and all of the footballing staff are aligned on that.
No surprise there, tries to hold the club to ransom each time his contract ends. Glad they've not given in, he's not worth paying through the nose for. Now get someone who wants to be here and preferably can trap a ball and pass it
He has tended to do that, during summers. And also Up the effort levels when contract-end time approaches.
Good luck to the bloke of course.

I'd file under "quite effective, but pretty untidy" as a player. Worth keeping as a squad player for sure but if he was demanding being a certain starter, then best we part ways on that basis...
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Brigs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:53 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Brigs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:34 pm

:lol:
Well I think if we sign El-Miz we would have to pay a fee for him . Ipswich took up the option of extending his contract .
:lol: :lol:
OK, so we're definitely not signing El-Miz ? Alright then so who do you think we should sign who's just as good ?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

May be the case that Rovers have promised him a starting place as well, which he was never getting here. If they go with 2 up front, he's a decent starting player at this level, as shown during his purple patch whilst we went 3-5-2.

I'd rather have kept him as cheap versatile depth, but he only got as much game time as he did cause of the extent of the injury crisis we had last year. Hopefully the injury situation next year is less brutal. If a Forde or Kelman type player comes in, plus a senior striker, then it's not a big deal.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Scuba Diver wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:56 pm
gshaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:04 pm https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2024/ ... on-Orient/
we have an agreed budget and wage structure here and it is important for the long-term stability of the club that we stick to that. Myself and all of the footballing staff are aligned on that.
No surprise there, tries to hold the club to ransom each time his contract ends. Glad they've not given in, he's not worth paying through the nose for. Now get someone who wants to be here and preferably can trap a ball and pass it
He has tended to do that, during summers. And also Up the effort levels when contract-end time approaches.
Good luck to the bloke of course.

I'd file under "quite effective, but pretty untidy" as a player. Worth keeping as a squad player for sure but if he was demanding being a certain starter, then best we part ways on that basis...
Rovers should have a cracking player on their hands in the third year of his contract!
Anyway, in all seriousness, good luck to Ruel.Scored some great and vital goals for us.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

This has really f*cked me off. How will we replace him with the £25k or whatever we got for him?
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Stowaway wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:19 pm This has really f*cked me off. How will we replace him with the £25k or whatever we got for him?
Concur, and would have been happy for him to stay too.
I guess it just came down the contract lengths offered... LOFC - 2 years BRFC 3-4 years.

Let's hope Ling & Co have something up their sleeve as a replacement...
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Rovers fans seem pretty pleased to have got him
https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/22538/inco ... -confirmed
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:55 pm I’m sad because he was an academy product and a very Richie type player that was flexible positionally . Great finisher too but also had long dry spells and no irreplaceable. A bit worrying we can’t match Bristol Rovers wage wise but if he’s getting paid more than fair play.

This news will look good or bad depending on who we replace him with.
If Mighty is right it will go down like a lead brick .
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:47 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:55 pm I’m sad because he was an academy product and a very Richie type player that was flexible positionally . Great finisher too but also had long dry spells and no irreplaceable. A bit worrying we can’t match Bristol Rovers wage wise but if he’s getting paid more than fair play.

He may well be right but there’s no way we ain’t bringing in a senior striker. Especially now
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Wish him well and all the best. However as already stated not prolific by any stretch. Ruel is the Cypriot version of Drinan. A decent season and not to be repeated IMO.

Let’s move on and look forward to his replacement. You never know Piggot may find his form if he stays and then Ruel will be a distant memory. 😂
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:25 pm
PKM wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:13 pm
Brigs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Rovers have an 11k capacity We have 8.7k capacity
Literally 2.5 thousand extra £20 notes every other Saturday on a full house The Sooner we increase capacity the better
Last year Rovers 8,190
Orient 8,172
So nothing in it. The fact that Rovers were able to pay more than we could for Ruel is disappointing and a tad surprising.
Not necessarily surprising, he was seen by RW as a bench player here so I'm glad we haven't paid first XI wages for him.
This. It’s not that we can’t match them, it’s that they have valued him as worth more than we have.

I’m gutted he’s gone but I don’t want him regularly starting games for us. If that’s the money he was offered, we were right to bail out.

Good luck Ruel, you will be missed. Still going to boo the f**k out of you next season, tho.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Frogger wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:57 pm Wish him well and all the best. However as already stated not prolific by any stretch. Ruel is the Cypriot version of Drinan. A decent season and not to be repeated IMO.

Let’s move on and look forward to his replacement. You never know Piggot may find his form if he stays and then Ruel will be a distant memory. 😂
His replacement will be a Premier league loanee for r one of the youth team (none of whom are anywhere near his level). We won’t adequately replace him at anywhere near the same cost.

What we need is to replace Piggot and Drinnan properly.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Pleased his gone, not a big fan. Free up some money to get in a proper striker. Shows his ambition, going to Bristol Rovers , we are miles better . Just wants the cash, but good luck to him. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:52 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:47 pm

He may well be right but there’s no way we ain’t bringing in a senior striker. Especially now
And also especially because Pigott is leaving .......hopefully .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Replaceable imo, was a good player for the bench but you need players that are pushing to start and not sit on there backside. Let’s wait and see who comes in and then judge
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Eggski wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:17 pm Pleased his gone, not a big fan. Free up some money to get in a proper striker. Shows his ambition, going to Bristol Rovers , we are miles better . Just wants the cash, but good luck to him. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills
I think he was also offered a longer contract .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:23 pm Replaceable imo, was a good player for the bench but you need players that are pushing to start and not sit on there backside. Let’s wait and see who comes in and then judge
TBH, I'm not overly optimistic but we'll see .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Rovers splashing the cash in this window, wonder how much they paid for him?
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

I'd have loved a tenner for every goal he scored, but a fiver for every chance he missed. Good luck Ruel I will miss you.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Adz wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:19 pm Rovers splashing the cash in this window, wonder how much they paid for him?
I just hope they lose the receipt ….
Ski Sunday
Fresh Alias

Post by Ski Sunday »

He'd have signed for anyone who'd have offered him a wage increase
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ski Sunday wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:16 am He'd have signed for anyone who'd have offered him a wage increase
What’s wrong with that?
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I’m disappointed to see Ruel go. I don’t think anyone could ever question his effort and work rate. I would have preferred to see Pigot go.

If we can bring in better replacements then no problem. Ruel was a worthy player to have in the squad. I’m not sure he was ever going to take us to the next level. Good luck to him.
Ski Sunday
Fresh Alias

Post by Ski Sunday »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:55 am
Ski Sunday wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:16 am He'd have signed for anyone who'd have offered him a wage increase
What’s wrong with that?
Bristol Rovers are hardly Newcastle Utd, we should have matched their offer