Jack Simpson

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Jack Simpson

Post by The Reverend »

George M wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:00 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm
George M wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:32 pm

Only from you. Let it go , it’s boring. It’s not helping him and it’s not helping the club.
Good, I have no interest helping either parties
Not sure why you contribute then. It’s a LOFC fans forum. You clearly are not one and if you are , probably not one the club cares about losing.
Not wanting the club to sign a racist = isn’t a Leyton Orient fan

Properly wild leap that one.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

George M wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:32 pm

Only from you. Let it go , it’s boring. It’s not helping him and it’s not helping the club.
Not sure why you contribute then. It’s a LOFC fans forum. You clearly are not one and if you are , probably not one the club cares about losing.
Were you against anti-Bechetti chat on forums? Or did you think everyone should blindly support the club back then too?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:09 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 pm

Rehabilitating someone on the path to redemption is bad pr? I think not
Why is that Orient’s job? He’s clearly not needed by the club given little he played last season and the 1 year deal he has for next
why do you care if you're not here to help Orient?
I’m not here to help either party forget what that dickhead did. I didn’t keep quiet about John Terry and Luis Suarez either.

If you’re happy promoting racism, that’s on you
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:14 pm
Were you against anti-Bechetti chat on forums? Or did you think everyone should blindly support the club back then too?
Orient fans always support the club. Issues of players ownership etc will never stop that. The pitch invasion should show you that
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:17 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Why is that Orient’s job? He’s clearly not needed by the club given little he played last season and the 1 year deal he has for next
I’m not here to help either party forget what that dickhead did. I didn’t keep quiet about John Terry and Luis Suarez either.

I Suppose you think Mandela was only a terrorist if you think I am promoting racism?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:25 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:22 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:19 pm Jack Simpson made an awful racist remark for which we was rightfully punished. Some think he should never play again, some think he deserves a second chance, but not with us. Others think that having apologised and made efforts with the local community, now is the time to look forwards rather than backwards. I think that summarises it, although I am sure that won't end it, as some just won't let it go.
Nor should they have to if they feel that strongly about it.
Moaning about it won't get rid of him
So if you disagree with something, you should just shut up about it and lump it?

That's not how it works. Biggsys opinion is valid and one he's perfectly entitled to voice.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

The Reverend wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:09 pm
Not wanting the club to sign a racist = isn’t a Leyton Orient fan

Properly wild leap that one.
"I'm not here to help eiter party" suggests he is not an Orient fan.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:24 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:25 pm

Moaning about it won't get rid of him
So if you disagree with something, you should just shut up about it and lump it?

That's not how it works. Biggsys opinion is valid and one he's perfectly entitled to voice.
Where did I say any of that?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Orient fans always support the club. Issues of players ownership etc will never stop that. The pitch invasion should show you that
Getting a match abandoned doesn’t help the team
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:22 pm

I Suppose you think Mandela was only a terrorist if you think I am promoting racism?
Comparing Mandela and apartheid to Orient signing a player who called his team mate a “dirty p***” is one of the more ridiculous things posted on this forum
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 pm
It wasnt abandoned :lol:
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:16 pm

Comparing Mandela and apartheid to Orient signing a player who called his team mate a “dirty p***” is one of the more ridiculous things posted on this forum
Only having one view is far more ridiculous, but you keep going with it while Jack Simpson gets on with his Orient career
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:18 pm

The game wasn’t finished with fans in the ground. So, Orient fans failed to make any mark.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 pm

Only having one view is far more ridiculous, but you keep going with it while Jack Simpson gets on with his Orient career
I don’t have any view on Mandela as a person. I am against apartheid, sounds like you’re all for it, going by your posts.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:23 pm
The game wasn’t finished with fans in the ground. So, Orient fans failed to make any mark.
Game wasn't abandoned & O's fans made a mark. watch riots & relegation to see that
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:24 pm
I don’t have any view on Mandela as a person. I am against apartheid, sounds like you’re all for it, going by your posts.
White racist south africa jailed him, non racist south africa made him the president, opinions changed. unlikely you have that capability
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Long and short of it is the club can sign a guy who has done this if they believe it’s worth the damage to relations with the fans that take exception. The fans who take exception are under no obligation to get onboard if they feel that the club’s stance is wrong.
The people who made these decisions will have done so in the knowledge some people would object. It’s bizarre to think that as a result, those who object should stop objecting
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 pm Long and short of it is the club can sign a guy who has done this if they believe it’s worth the damage to relations with the fans that take exception. The fans who take exception are under no obligation to get onboard if they feel that the club’s stance is wrong.
The people who made these decisions will have done so in the knowledge some people would object. It’s bizarre to think that as a result, those who object should stop objecting
Blimey. I 100% agree with all of this. Very well articulated.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Despite our back and forth on this a while ago, I actually think you’re entirely correct on this issue, and your view is legitimate
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Game wasn't abandoned & O's fans made a mark. watch riots & relegation to see that
Did they? They went down and the club nearly went under.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:24 pm

White racist south africa jailed him, non racist south africa made him the president, opinions changed. unlikely you have that capability
You must have missed the post where I said if this was a player who tweeted something stupid 10 years ago as a kid, should be given a second chance.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

CEB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 pm Long and short of it is the club can sign a guy who has done this if they believe it’s worth the damage to relations with the fans that take exception. The fans who take exception are under no obligation to get onboard if they feel that the club’s stance is wrong.
Those who object have objected. Time to move on. It’s boring now.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:19 pm
It was said somewhere probably a podcast that one of the reasons Kent got onboard with the project was seeing the passion of the fans at that protest so yes it did make a mark and started the recovery from the days of :clown
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:19 pm Jack Simpson made an awful racist remark for which we was rightfully punished. Some think he should never play again, some think he deserves a second chance, but not with us. Others think that having apologised and made efforts with the local community, now is the time to look forwards rather than backwards. I think that summarises it, although I am sure that won't end it, as some just won't let it go.
Racism is a form of persecution. Everybody has the right to make their feelings regards Jack known, I have no issue with that. But to continually keep slating a player now trying to get on with his life, and not letting it go, I view that as a form of persecution too.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

gshaw wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:31 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:19 pm

It was said somewhere probably a podcast that one of the reasons Kent got onboard with the project was seeing the passion of the fans at that protest so yes it did make a mark and started the recovery from the days of :clown
Of course. Nothing to do with getting the club on the cheap, building them up to eventually make a profit on when he sells up.