Macca Bonne

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Macca Bonne

Post by Fisch »

My insider tells me he is aware of 2 offers for MB, one from EFL1 (not us) the other ftom EFL2. He doesn't know how much money is involved. There may be others.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I hope he makes his mind up soon so we can finally put an end to this "macca Bonne" fiasco.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Milano wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:13 pm My insider tells me he is aware of 2 offers for MB, one from EFL1 (not us) the other ftom EFL2. He doesn't know how much money is involved. There may be others.
Who is your source Fisch ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

OyinbO wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:05 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:29 am
OyinbO wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:30 pm

It is true. It is also true that we had made a very good offer to him previously, but Bonne has seriously misjudged his own value.
So we did make him a good offer but he has seemingly turned us down . That's a pity and a decision McCauley could end up regretting .
He didn’t turn us down.
??
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Equaliser0 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:39 pm
Milano wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:13 pm My insider tells me he is aware of 2 offers for MB, one from EFL1 (not us) the other ftom EFL2. He doesn't know how much money is involved. There may be others.
If you know me as Fisch then you know who it is and know why it wouldn't be good form to say here. His dad (my cousin) just died so the last thing l want to do is cause him grief.
Maybe a correction is needed, l probably implied we didn't make an offer, l don't know if we did or didn't but of the two offers MB is reported to be mulling over, neither is from LOFC.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Milano wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm
If you know me as Fisch then you know who it is and know why it wouldn't be good form to say here. His dad (my cousin) just died so the last thing l want to do is cause him grief.
Maybe a correction is needed, l probably implied we didn't make an offer, l don't know if we did or didn't but of the two offers MB is reported to be mulling over, neither is from LOFC.
Only know you as Fisch from the other board .
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:55 pm
OyinbO wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:05 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:29 am

So we did make him a good offer but he has seemingly turned us down . That's a pity and a decision McCauley could end up regretting .
He didn’t turn us down.
??
A Club makes an offer to a player to join them, player x does not say yes please but suggests more money may tempt him, Club moves on .
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Be mad to sign him right now, he is a player on the way down currently. Started on fire at Ipswich then tailed off big time, scoring once in his last 30 games, January this year got a short-term deal at Charlton, great chance to either get a contract there or elsewhere, barely scored there and towards the end wasn't even making the squad.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Milano wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm
He has had several, including from LOFC, but many of these clubs have cooled/moved on.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Think Richie wouldn't take a step backwards to re sign him. Thanks for the memories, but the team is better now and he wouldn't be good enough now.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Look people I don’t think that bonne will be signing sorry just rumour talk
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 pm Will be buzzing to get him back. Think he’s a perfect fit with his history with us and the way we play. Richie’s type of player.

And for him to prove the doubters wrong
Funny, I don't think he's the perfect fit at all. More for team spirit than anything else. As someone else said on here, 'Bonne thinks he's much better than he actually is'. True, he would also think of himself as a bit special, I reckon. And that is something Richie certainly doesn't want in his team.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:38 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 pm Will be buzzing to get him back. Think he’s a perfect fit with his history with us and the way we play. Richie’s type of player.

Funny, I don't think he's the perfect fit at all. More for team spirit than anything else. As someone else said on here, 'Bonne thinks he's much better than he actually is'. True, he would also think of himself as a bit special, I reckon. And that is something Richie certainly doesn't want in his team.
If you are looking for a player for team spirit then I'm your man! I'm 59, cheap and I make Monc's look sane when kicking about.....oh and I can only kick the ball with my right foot - which was not my favoured foot 30 years ago. You should see the technique - that would have them laughing!!
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Don’t know where the narrative that Bonne thinks he is better than he is.
When he came to us he had something to prove and worked hard every single game for us. He also barely missed a game during his couple of years. He went on to have a decent record in a higher division as well so he’s not in a fantasy land if he’s holding out for a bigger club/higher wages. His attitude was always spot on and I think he’d help us - but doesn’t look that’s going to happen now
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:19 pm

When he came to us he had something to prove and worked hard every single game for us. He also barely missed a game during his couple of years. He went on to have a decent record in a higher division as well so he’s not in a fantasy land if he’s holding out for a bigger club/higher wages. His attitude was always spot on and I think he’d help us - but doesn’t look that’s going to happen now
Excellent post; fully agree.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Colchester. Played for them before, works geographically & Ross E s in charge of recruitment
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

aylesburyos wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:48 am Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Colchester. Played for them before, works geographically & Ross E s in charge of recruitment
It wouldn't surprise me either but I would imagine he'd be earning less than if he had accepted our offer ( that's of course if we did offer him a contract ) Also with only two weeks to go before the start of the new season he hasn't had any pre season training . At least the CB and winger we want to sign ,probably both on loan , would have had pre season training with their parent clubs .
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Can we close/lock Bonne thread now, he’s not coming let’s move on, it’s boring.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Perhaps Bonne is waiting for an offer from a second division Saudi Arabian football club ?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:19 pm
Perfect summation.

His attitude and work ethic were exemplary for us throughout, even staying on for the back half of the 18/19 season to help us over the line when he could have gone in the January.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Richie said in his post match Dagenham interview that we're looking to sign just two more players . It will be another CB and Winger . Whatever happens McCauley Bonne won't be joining us . We might have been interested a few weeks ago but now that's clearly no longer the case . However I still think it will be interesting to see where Bonne eventually does turns up .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

aylesburyos wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:48 am Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Colchester. Played for them before, works geographically & Ross E s in charge of recruitment
Maybe, but only as a very last resort.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:06 am Perhaps Bonne is waiting for an offer from a second division Saudi Arabian football club ?
People should pay more attention to you 🤓
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:14 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:06 am Perhaps Bonne is waiting for an offer from a second division Saudi Arabian football club ?
People should pay more attention to you 🤓
Be funny if it did happen but that seems to only happen to past and present big name players, such crazy money that they pay over there !
Steve Gerrard and Jordan Henderson also on their way for mega salaries !
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Come on people this man is not coming back sorry we need to move forward it would have been great but not happening