Where are the signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Where are the signings

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm Tweeted by someone at the open day.

Drinan new 2 year deal. striker hope to be done today tb announce Tue/Wed. Brown and Smith should be available Saturday. Also a conversation about players, they have been offered loads, but don't want 'bit' players, want players best in pos

Usual subjects,Bedwetters and Ling conspiracy theorists will be gutted. :lol: Trust in Richie and Lingy.
This is very good to hear .
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

It's been jam tomorrow for the last few weeks

A championship kid on loan with 5 senior sub appearances isn't gonna transform the team's chances, it may keep the mob at bay for a week though.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:30 pm It's been jam tomorrow for the last few weeks

A championship kid on loan with 5 senior sub appearances isn't gonna transform the team's chances, it may keep the mob at bay for a week though.
Whoever it is I'll give him a fair chance to show us what he can do . You never know he might smash it and become an important member of our first team squad .
Razzmachaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Razzmachaz »

Wasn't the Moncur signing a transfer record for us? I only pop in and out of here occasionally but hardly see it mentioned. On the Hull City twitter feed it stated we had signed him for over 300k and rising to quite a bit more depending on appearances. Orient put out it was undisclosed. Hull deleted or reworded their statement.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

£200k up front plus add - ons I believe. We paid more for Kelly from Oldham in the Beelzebub days.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Charlie Kelman!
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Bergen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:01 pmCharlie Kelman!
Won't be good enough for the likes of Poundhillmoan and the others.

He's not available Saturday as he is suspended.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Watch the moaners come out!!
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:06 pm Watch the moaners come out!!
Shouldn't be long......waiting,waiting, waiting!!!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Correct me if I’m wrong but Richie said he wanted a couple of loans and two permanent signings . I’m pleased we have the loans in the building but are we going to make any permanent signings . Before people jump on me I’m not complaining , I’m only enquiring.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:04 pm
Bergen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:01 pmCharlie Kelman!
Won't be good enough for the likes of Poundhillmoan and the others.

He's not available Saturday as he is suspended.
Well that’s where your wrong, looks a reasonable signing on paper.Wish him good luck for the season and plenty of goals of course.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Not sure if we will get 2 more permanent signings in addition to the 2 New boys who have singed today, be fantastic if we do.
But very happy with todays 2 New loan signings.
Young and eager to impress 👍
Well done everyone at the club for making this happen before the start of the season.
👏👏👏
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:18 pm Correct me if I’m wrong but Richie said he wanted a couple of loans and two permanent signings . I’m pleased we have the loans in the building but are we going to make any permanent signings . Before people jump on me I’m not complaining , I’m only enquiring.
You are wrong. 2 loan signings.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm Also a conversation about players, they have been offered loads, but don't want 'bit' players, want players best in pos
That aged well....
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Exactly. Not sure you have to be a moaner to think that after we signed Moncor and Archibald and tied down James that we were going to really go for it this year. Since then…the money has runout hasn’t it?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:55 pm Also a conversation about players, they have been offered loads, but don't want 'bit' players, want players best in pos
That aged well....
Think I trust Wellens judgement over you and your not very funny/clever remarks, he knows what he's doing.

Who exactly were you expecting? He's a number 9 who plays as an out and out number 9 he's available and probably as good as we can get on loan at the moment. He's not a square peg in a round hole and he's going to be third choice when everyones fit.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:00 pm
That aged well....
Think I trust Wellens judgement over you and your not very funny/clever remarks, he knows what he's doing.

Who exactly were you expecting? He's a number 9 who plays as an out and out number 9 he's available and probably as good as we can get on loan at the moment. He's not a square peg in a round hole and he's going to be third choice when everyones fit.
Stop talking sense, the idiots won't understand!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:00 pm
That aged well....

With Smith possibly in contention, and Drinnan only a few weeks away, hopefully, I can accept that.

Shame about the other one, though.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Pretty much as Wellens asked for, a youth striker from higher up the leagues. A bit of breathing space upfront.

One down, 4 to go. CDM next?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Exactly the sort of striker we were always going to bring in as cover, so not fussed one way or the other. Really doubt he'll pull up any trees and it won't matter that much if he doesn't as we have good options up top.

No way we're bringing in 4 more players. An inexperienced central midfielder will come in on loan (sounds like this Southampton kid) and maybe - maybe - a more experienced pro in that position also, but that feels unlikely.

Other than that, what do we really need unless a bad injury comes up? It'll just be squad padding at that point. I would've liked another option on the wings but not if it's gonna be some prem kid who barely sees a game.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

PoundhillO wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:34 pm Our club are beyond a joke, Richie expected to have everyone in before the Portugal trip, then each week players are expected but don’t appear.
What an embarrassment, I will be surprised if Richie stays if it carries on like this.
Can we get a.thread.title change ?

😜
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:26 pm Exactly the sort of striker we were always going to bring in as cover, so not fussed one way or the other. Really doubt he'll pull up any trees and it won't matter that much if he doesn't as we have good options up top.

No way we're bringing in 4 more players. An inexperienced central midfielder will come in on loan (sounds like this Southampton kid) and maybe - maybe - a more experienced pro in that position also, but that feels unlikely.

Other than that, what do we really need unless a bad injury comes up? It'll just be squad padding at that point. I would've liked another option on the wings but not if it's gonna be some prem kid who barely sees a game.
Hoping for something like...

Top notch CDM as first choice. Basically replacing Kyprianou with a finished product senior pro.

An Akinola-esque loan for the season would be a good squad option at the back for depth particularly at RB if James isn't available and we need someone with a bit more pace.

Winger as you mention, probably loan

All with the view to being able to name a full bench and have the flexibility to use 5 effective subs even when the winter injuries and suspensions kick in.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

That’s exactly what I was hoping for.