6 May 2006 Oxford Utd v Leyton Orient

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: 6 May 2006 Oxford Utd v Leyton Orient

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm Oh look, spen being contrary again.

Oh sorry, I never realised I was supposed to gob off, abuse Oxford fans and get into brawls with them. Sorry for treating rival fans with respect, talking and drinking with them. I will try harder to get into disorder with opposition fans in future.

apologies for going to a football match and behaving like a normal human being and not experiencing violence.
They weren't "rival fans" to a neutral like you.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

No need to go OFF about it spen.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:28 pm No need to go OFF about it spen.

Make your mind up.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:16 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm Oh look, spen being contrary again.

Oh sorry, I never realised I was supposed to gob off, abuse Oxford fans and get into brawls with them. Sorry for treating rival fans with respect, talking and drinking with them. I will try harder to get into disorder with opposition fans in future.

apologies for going to a football match and behaving like a normal human being and not experiencing violence.

zzzzzzzzzz

No fans are rivals to me. People may support different teams, but that doesn't make them rivals. I am happy to shake hands with fans of other teams and drink with them.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

But are they?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Esteban wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:16 pm

zzzzzzzzzz

No fans are rivals to me. People may support different teams, but that doesn't make them rivals. I am happy to shake hands with fans of other teams and drink with them.
No fans of teams who play against Orient are rivals to you, because you're a neutral. Simple as that.
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

I was there that day. Must admit that at the time, I didn't think about Oxford, I was too happy that we had been promoted. Afterwards however, I did feel sorry for them.

I remember when we played Tranmere a few years ago, when they got relegated out of the League, and some Os fans were mocking them and humiliating the. I felt ashamed, it's a horrible way to behave (unless, of course, it was Southend).
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 am Safe to leave ground?

It was never unsafe to leave ground

I left and had a good drink & chat with Oxford fans on way to bowling centre bat.

If you gloated and give it the big one then you deserved to get whatever came to you. Treat people with the respect they deserve and you will have no problem.
Correct Spen.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I was with my dad, my son and my dads friend. I saw the idiots lobbing stones and rocks or whatever. No one troubled us and I never felt threatened. If I wanted to have a fight that day it would not have been hard to find one however, I didn't, no one bothered us and we went home absolutely euphoric.

I've only come across two instances where I thought I'm in trouble here. One was against Newport in the tin pot cup or whatever it was called, me and my mate were surrounded by Newport fans telling us they were going to do us, we responded and then about a dozen fans came to our rescue and said we are the ICF we will look after you both. We were about 14 at the time. The 2nd time was at Bournemouth where there fans were openly whacking people, they tried to get people to speak and then whack. The idiots approached me and I just looked them up and down and told them to f*** off, they walked on then whacked someone else. I was lucky cos I doubt I'd have beat them all, but just maybe my fronting them up put a doubt in their thick skulls?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Thor wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm I was with my dad, my son and my dads friend. I saw the idiots lobbing stones and rocks or whatever. No one troubled us and I never felt threatened. If I wanted to have a fight that day it would not have been hard to find one however, I didn't, no one bothered us and we went home absolutely euphoric.

I've only come across two instances where I thought I'm in trouble here. One was against Newport in the tin pot cup or whatever it was called, me and my mate were surrounded by Newport fans telling us they were going to do us, we responded and then about a dozen fans came to our rescue and said we are the ICF we will look after you both. We were about 14 at the time. The 2nd time was at Bournemouth where there fans were openly whacking people, they tried to get people to speak and then whack. The idiots approached me and I just looked them up and down and told them to f*** off, they walked on then whacked someone else. I was lucky cos I doubt I'd have beat them all, but just maybe my fronting them up put a doubt in their thick skulls?
They were going around whacking people for no reason, but when you openly told them to f**k off they backed away?

Very odd.
Baddo
Fresh Alias

Post by Baddo »

Still remains as probably the best 30 seconds of my Orient supporting life and a memory I'll cherish forever.

Nervy the whole game. When the news game through Northampton had scored we were all jumping around, when Steele scored the feeling was out of this world. Still makes the hairs on my neck stand up thinking about it.

We ended up wandering on to the blackbird leys estate after and got started on by a couple of local yobs.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Thy still have that horrible 3 sided ground. It is owned by their ex owner who they pay rent to. Unlike us they get no income from hospitality etc & are restricted when they can use the pitch. Hearn seems to be a saint compared to Kassam
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Esteban wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:44 pm
Thor wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:56 pm I was with my dad, my son and my dads friend. I saw the idiots lobbing stones and rocks or whatever. No one troubled us and I never felt threatened. If I wanted to have a fight that day it would not have been hard to find one however, I didn't, no one bothered us and we went home absolutely euphoric.

They were going around whacking people for no reason, but when you openly told them to f**k off they backed away?

Very odd.
Not odd at all. A bully will always back down when confronted. I don’t back down.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Thor is hard as well as loaded. And generous. What a man.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Are you a hard geezer fella?