Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Thor »

Correct redo.

A friend of mine has it now hopefully he can make a full recovery.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52091905

This bloke is an idiot does he not know that although the younger you are the less chance you have of getting severe symptoms you can still die from it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dominic Cummings showing symptoms and forced to self-isolate.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

1 in 4 NHS doctors off sick or isolating. Presume similar for other front line health workers. That’s worrying but unsurprising: a rise in non-covid conditions going untreated has to be expected too if there’s insufficient resources to deal with them.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

RedO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 am Dominic Cummings showing symptoms and forced to self-isolate.
This psychopath should have been forced to self-isolate months ago.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Why would you want harm to come to someone nuneatono? This is serious sh*t and regardless of peoples politics this is a human life we are talking about.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:56 pm Why would you want harm to come to someone nuneatono? This is serious sh*t and regardless of peoples politics this is a human life we are talking about.
No, it's Dominic Cummings. A complete scumbag and architect of the shitfest which is the governments response to the virus and the assault on the NHS over many years. But then again, No-one has actually wished harm to Cummings anyway have they so you're just being contentious. Pillock.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Trump blatherings remain all over the show.

1 day says will end the US lockdown by Easter. Yesterday it’s April 1 earliest. Plus a wacky little dig that health workers must be nicking the masks etc., cos they need so many more these days...The man’s a menace.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:00 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:56 pm Why would you want harm to come to someone nuneatono? This is serious sh*t and regardless of peoples politics this is a human life we are talking about.
No, it's Dominic Cummings. A complete scumbag and architect of the shitfest which is the governments response to the virus and the assault on the NHS over many years. But then again, No-one has actually wished harm to Cummings anyway have they so you're just being contentious. Pillock.
No need to respond abusively.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 pm
Is pillock that abusive? Really? When what Thor was doing was trolling a guy whose wife is on the front line of the NHS and is understandably angry at the governments failures.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Deaths down to 187 - long may that trend continue.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

I have got 159 deaths recorded today, which if it is correct is even better.

The number of people who have died in England after contracting coronavirus is now 1,284, a rise of 159, NHS England said.
The patients were aged between 32 and 98 years old and all but four, aged between 56 and 87 years old, had underlying health conditions.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Lovejoy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:59 pm I have got 159 deaths recorded today, which if it is correct is even better.

The number of people who have died in England after contracting coronavirus is now 1,284, a rise of 159, NHS England said.
The patients were aged between 32 and 98 years old and all but four, aged between 56 and 87 years old, had underlying health conditions.
I'm using the below for the numbers but either way it's a positive trend.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Is pillock that abusive? Really? When what Thor was doing was trolling a guy whose wife is on the front line of the NHS and is understandably angry at the governments failures.
He wasnt even talking to you. Pillock.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

By many years you mean less than one?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:11 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:33 pm

He wasnt even talking to you. Pillock.
Never realised that you could only reply to comments addressed directly to you. Dumbarse.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

He cant be trolling you if he was talking to somebody else.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:19 pm
Well if you're going to be picky........ sure he's only been Boris's boss since July last year but he's been sniffing around in various roles of the Tory party for donkeys years. He's still the architect of the governments response to the virus and still a thorough cnut.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 pm He cant be trolling you if he was talking to somebody else.
Err, I didn't say he was trolling me. Bye for now!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Well if you're going to be picky........ sure he's only been Boris's boss since July last year but he's been sniffing around in various roles of the Tory party for donkeys years. He's still the architect of the governments response to the virus and still a thorough cnut.
In what way has he been the architect of the government's response?

I was under the impression he'd been mainly sidelined for last couple of weeks. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd be interested in reading it
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:14 pm

I was under the impression he'd been mainly sidelined for last couple of weeks. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd be interested in reading it
It's been well documented and discussed previously on here that he was pushing for the "herd immunity" approach in the early days. That was the initial approach taken by the government until Hancock said differently. All this you know already of course.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:25 pm

It's been well documented and discussed previously on here that he was pushing for the "herd immunity" approach in the early days. That was the initial approach taken by the government until Hancock said differently. All this you know already of course.
I do, he was briefing herd immunity a couple of weeks ago before the ides was shut down and he was sidelined.

As far as I'm aware that was his last meaningful input into the response policy.

Since then there has been a number of developments. Given you said he was "still the architect" I was wondering what role he had played in shaping government policy in the last couple of weeks?
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm
Lovejoy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:59 pm I have got 159 deaths recorded today, which if it is correct is even better.

I'm using the below for the numbers but either way it's a positive trend.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
It's 180 across the UK, from the Public Health England dashboard.

As reported by the BBC, "we shouldn’t get carried away too soon: last week’s Sunday-into-Monday figures also showed slight dips on the previous Saturday. But by Tuesday, they resumed the upward march. It’s still too soon to know whether this is a real ray of hope, a blip caused by different working practices at the weekend or some mixture of the two."
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:48 pm

I do, he was briefing herd immunity a couple of weeks ago before the ides was shut down and he was sidelined.

As far as I'm aware that was his last meaningful input into the response policy.

Since then there has been a number of developments. Given you said he was "still the architect" I was wondering what role he had played in shaping government policy in the last couple of weeks?
I think you'll find that architects tend to do their thing at the beginning of a project. Thus he was still the architect at that stage. It was this early decision to go down the herd approach route that meant we lost the chance to isolate and test. Again, you already know this.

As to whether he was sidelined after that or just took a back seat, I have no idea.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

BoniO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:48 pm

I think you'll find that architects tend to do their thing at the beginning of a project. Thus he was still the architect at that stage. It was this early decision to go down the herd approach route that meant we lost the chance to isolate and test. Again, you already know this.

As to whether he was sidelined after that or just took a back seat, I have no idea.
But the policy has evolved multiple times since then, a country's response to a global pandemic is quite different to a building project. He has had no input into any policy decisions so how is he "still the architect" as you put it?

His one idea "Herd immunity" that he briefed to a select few journalists (namely Robert Peston and Tim Shipman) was never actually adopted anyway so he is the architect of nothing but his own failed policy.