Your Local Streets

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Your Local Streets

Post by Thor »

I agree Tom, maybe give that food to the pigeons or even the sparrows.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Tom Chance wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 pm
Thor wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm Plenty of joggers and cyclists.
Who go round and round and round.
Plenty of our fans need to cut down on their porklife, squeezing into their XL replica shirts. :lol:
Was at Torquay a few years back and one of our lads had a massive replica shirt with ORIENT TIL I DIE on the back. I said “mate, the last T has fallen off”, and he looked blankly at me. I gave up after that.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

When we need stuff we go out foraging (outskirts of Colchester). This involves driving around and kicking one of my teenagers out of the car to get stuff at garages and little shops. Very eerie driving around, not many cars but always one bombing it and thinking they are in some F1/Mad Max film. The few people about are all observing the social distancing. Even the big supermarkets don't appear to have long queues anymore, although we don't venture in. It's just the pharmacies that have the long queues outside.
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

Loughton is eerily quiet. Run every evening around 9 for an hour, possibly a bit more depending how I feel and some nights I've seen a dozen cars and nobody else out on the streets at all.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Fairly quite in Chingford i go for a three mile walk and see a few people exercising but no-one is hanging about talking as per government instructions. So seems the advice is kicking in here as well seems a few people take the small bloody minded englander approach unless they're forced to do it by law.
So it screws it over for us all.

Not sure how good people's mental health is going to be if they have to suffer more than a few weeks of this. in theory I've done two and it's doing my nut in.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Not much happening here in St Ives, no change there then.
Chemists and banks letting one in and one out, max of five inside
Waitrose doing the same with about twenty inside, people queuing roughly 3m apart round the car park
Quite a law abiding place so not that surprised
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:27 am Not much happening here in St Ives, no change there then.
Chemists and banks letting one in and one out, max of five inside
Waitrose doing the same with about twenty inside, people queuing roughly 3m apart round the car park
Quite a law abiding place so not that surprised
I used to go to St Ives on business in the 1980s, it is a lovely place and I used to enjoy going there.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

My wife around our village in mid Essex yesterday apart from a couple of dog walkers the streets were empty. People are taking notice for now will be harder as it goes on, If the news starts to improve regarding less cases some will take that as a cue to go out and about.

Two bits of good news this morning - A goverment scientific advisor has said this the number of infections appear to be slowing along with hospital admissions. Also Mercedes have developed a machine to help patients breathing which will avoid putting them into intensive care on ventolators.

It's my first day as a NHS Volunteer today (Call and Check), been "on duty" since 08:00 (well the phones been on) no calls as yet.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Can you catch this virus running around the streets? Viruses are airborne aren't they?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Took the dogs out at 9 last night. Eerily quiet in Buckhurst Hill.

Bar one pink taxi driving round slowly, barely saw any people or vehicles out.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:51 am Took the dogs out at 9 last night. Eerily quiet in Buckhurst Hill.

Bar one pink taxi driving round slowly, barely saw any people or vehicles out.
What julian is still out working!!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:47 am My wife around our village in mid Essex yesterday apart from a couple of dog walkers the streets were empty. People are taking notice for now will be harder as it goes on, If the news starts to improve regarding less cases some will take that as a cue to go out and about.

Two bits of good news this morning - A goverment scientific advisor has said this the number of infections appear to be slowing along with hospital admissions. Also Mercedes have developed a machine to help patients breathing which will avoid putting them into intensive care on ventolators.

It's my first day as a NHS Volunteer today (Call and Check), been "on duty" since 08:00 (well the phones been on) no calls as yet.
Is this the Good Sam thing?

How long did it take for you to get approved and on the list?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

About a hundred people queuing to get into Whitechapel Sainsburys my brother tells me , took him 40 mins to get into the store , shelfs were quite full apart from bog roll pasta and tins of veg .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:00 am
Top of the JES wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:47 am My wife around our village in mid Essex yesterday apart from a couple of dog walkers the streets were empty. People are taking notice for now will be harder as it goes on, If the news starts to improve regarding less cases some will take that as a cue to go out and about.

Is this the Good Sam thing?

How long did it take for you to get approved and on the list?
Yes it is, I registered with them last Friday Morning - They do an identity check and I was then approved on Sunday Morning. Over 750,000 volunteers now.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

So applied on Fri 27 and approved on Sun 29?

I applied middle of last week and haven’t heard back yet...
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:36 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm Plenty of joggers and cyclists.
Thought that myself. Does exercise make you immune?🤔
No,I was cycling home from work. :oops:
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:46 am Can you catch this virus running around the streets? Viruses are airborne aren't they?
Ive been thinking this too. I cant find any information whatsoever one way or the other, which is scary
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Our rural area was eerily quiet this weekend, after last week’s mass rambling madness. Guess the bloody freezing winds would have been a factor, as well as the commands to stay indoors and not go out for jolly family outings in the car.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:46 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:46 am Can you catch this virus running around the streets? Viruses are airborne aren't they?
Ive been thinking this too. I cant find any information whatsoever one way or the other, which is scary
Its not airborne, its transfered by body fluids when coughing etc. It also transfers from touch and stays on surfaces for a while, hence hand washing. That is why the guidance is to stay 2 metres apart.

If it was airbone we would all be f*****
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

So pretty safe running with nobody around....
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedO wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:04 pm So applied on Fri 27 and approved on Sun 29?

I applied middle of last week and haven’t heard back yet...
Did you send your proof of identity online?
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

My local woods now shut.perhaps people were picnicking over weekend.there is another entrance up a long track where access can be gained tho for pedestrians