House-arrest

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mikero
Fresh Alias

House-arrest

Post by Mikero »

Being mooted for the over Seventies, another desperate measure from a desperately inadequate bunch of politicians.

Mikero
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: House-arrest

Post by Thor »

The army will soon be on the streets to enforce this. They are ready and prepared to start as are the police, everything has been put in place ready for when the order by the PM is given.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm The army will soon be on the streets to enforce this. They are ready and prepared to start as are the police, everything has been put in place ready for when the order by the PM is given.
Is this so bioligical warfare can be used on us easier ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Have they gorlt special virus
weaponry to shoot us with ?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

My old mum is 91 , all shes concerned about is if her Bingo hall will stay open 🤣🤣
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Tuffers I never said it was intentional did I?

Army on the streets? Police everywhere, this is going to build a lot of distrust between the people and those sent to control us I fear.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

BIGRON wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 pm My old mum is 91 , all shes concerned about is if her Bingo hall will stay open 🤣🤣
See that’s the spirit Ron, keep going and live your life, don’t panic and carry on. Your mum and her generation was proper instilled with that mantra, now everyone is scared of everything. You may your mum play bingo and enjoy herself.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Mikero wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 pm Being mooted for the over Seventies, another desperate measure from a desperately inadequate bunch of politicians.

Mikero
If, as predicted, this outbreak reaches it's peak in a few weeks time, then perhaps people will finally wake up and realise how inept, lying tory governments have been decimating the NHS since 2010?

Not to mention the amount of essential, front-line staff that are now missing; many having returned to their homelands.

Thanks tory voters; in particular, the Brexit-loving ones. I hope that you are all proud of yourselves.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm
BIGRON wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 pm My old mum is 91 , all shes concerned about is if her Bingo hall will stay open 🤣🤣
See that’s the spirit Ron, keep going and live your life, don’t panic and carry on. Your mum and her generation was proper instilled with that mantra, now everyone is scared of everything. You may your mum play bingo and enjoy herself.
Oh absolutely and it's the scaremongers who persist in spreading unfounded rumours like "this is a biological weapon" who need to shut the hell up cos they ain't helping any. Them and the hysterical media as well of course.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

NuneatonO's wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:10 pm
Mikero wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 pm Being mooted for the over Seventies, another desperate measure from a desperately inadequate bunch of politicians.

Mikero
If, as predicted, this outbreak reaches it's peak in a few weeks time, then perhaps people will finally wake up and realise how inept, lying tory governments have been decimating the NHS since 2010?

Not to mention the amount of essential, front-line staff that are now missing; many having returned to their homelands.

Thanks tory voters; in particular, the Brexit-loving ones. I hope that you are all proud of yourselves.
Yup, NHS was at breaking point, or beyond, way before this virus. Now it has next to no chance of being able to cope. Too many cutbacks over way too long a period. Don't worry though, I'm sure BoJo and pals will find a way to blame Corbyn.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 pm Tuffers I never said it was intentional did I?

Army on the streets? Police everywhere, this is going to build a lot of distrust between the people and those sent to control us I fear.
Where they gettin these
" Police everywhere " from

Thought the tories got rid.of 'em all .

If it.causes distrust why is the Prime minister
so eager & ready as you say to send them in ?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm The army will soon be on the streets to enforce this. They are ready and prepared to start as are the police, everything has been put in place ready for when the order by the PM is given.
Not going to happen. This isn't China. There are barely enough police to do their normal job.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Mikero

There isn’t a health service or otherwise able to cope of the scale that countries are seeing. Americans will finally awaken to how bad they’ve been played with the private medical service.
Oforever
Fresh Alias

Post by Oforever »

Crumbs some stupid claims on here. Which year was the budget of the NHS decimated? I thought it had gone up in real terms every year under the Conservative gov't. Also asking over 70s to stay home is for their good, if they don't want to they don't have to. Calm down.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oforever wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:25 pm Crumbs some stupid claims on here. Which year was the budget of the NHS decimated? I thought it had gone up in real terms every year under the Conservative gov't. Also asking over 70s to stay home is for their good, if they don't want to they don't have to. Calm down.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... th-the-nhs

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-02/tor ... ng-labour/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... hs-funding
Mike pinner
Fresh Alias

Post by Mike pinner »

I'm stocking up on hair dye and those trousers that hang down past your arse! Not missing my golf for anybody!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Mikero

There isn’t a health service or otherwise able to cope of the scale that countries are seeing. Americans will finally awaken to how bad they’ve been played with the private medical service.
China coped, but then I guess it is their weapon.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Oforever wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:25 pm Crumbs some stupid claims on here. Which year was the budget of the NHS decimated? I thought it had gone up in real terms every year under the Conservative gov't.
Are you serious?

After 10 years of tory mismangement and lack of investment, you honestly believe that the NHS is in a better position now, than under a Labour Government?

Do you actually believe that Johnson is going to build 40 new hospitals (although he can't say when or where; nor how they will be staffed)?

My God, there are some blinkered and brainwashed people amongst us. :roll:

Anyway, here's a great 80's tune the old bill can start singing:
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

just been informed that I am on house arrest have to stay in for 2 weeks

f*** knows what I am going to do staying in for 2 weeks with my new 18 year old Russian girlfriend
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Eh?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

KC & sunshine band wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm just been informed that I am on house arrest have to stay in for 2 weeks

f*** knows what I am going to do staying in for 2 weeks with my new 18 year old Russian girlfriend
:~
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

me thinks sight seeing
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

This is being spun as we love our oldies & sort of hug ( but don't actually ) a gran. But this is far from true. The Govt don't want us OAP occupying beds and ITU's only to succumb to the ague. They think we are fair game to incarcerate and in fairness it helps us in the long run. But as I got a heart condition, I've more or less been doing this since Monday and already gone stir crazy. I think they should be more upfront and say avoid catching it and keep hospital beds available for younger people who will still be maiming themselves in reckless car crashes ( maiming innocent parties too ).
One drawback is will food be delivered, after the shelves are emptied by panic buying? Also I rung my older brother who has no internet, and he gave me the " I've had my time etc, I am not scared of a little virus ". Forgot to tell him he too could be occupying a valuable hospital bed.
I think all this has been ill thought through.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm

China has not told the truth since this started so I wouldn’t beleive a word their government tells us.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Thor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:03 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm

There isn’t a health service or otherwise about le to cope of the scale that countries are seeing. Americans will finally awaken to how bad they’ve been played with the private medical service.
China has not told the truth since this started so I wouldn’t beleive a word their government tells us.
And yet you believe everything Johnson and his cronies are doing are for the good of people

Get real ffs