Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Some of the comments in this video.I've been well beaten to this.

Though perhaps it's already been posted somewhere in these fourteen pages.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:25 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:09 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Wouldn't take Roger Daltrey's advice on the matter
That reminds me Mr Alias, I've been meaning to ask who are you? who who who who?
No one of consequence
That was already quite clear.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Some of the comments in this video.I've been well beaten to this.

Though perhaps it's already been posted somewhere in these fourteen pages.
Is this meant to be in guitar riff thread ?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Markets continuing to absolutely plummet, FTSE has dropped below 6000 for the first time today

This is a great chance for people to invest in the world's biggest companies which are basically on sale. Should have made a tidy little profit off buying shares in Apple, Nike, Unilever, Kellogg's and Starbucks (among others) in a few months time

Perfect time to book your summer hols too as flights and accommodation will be at knockdown prices

Always look for the opportunity. You're welcome
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Bernard Mandeville wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:20 pm @ NuneatonO: You do know what causes pneumonia??

As it sounds like you don't; It is inflammation of the lung tissue, usually caused by infections (viruses or bacteria).

The people dying in Italy are being killed by pneumonia - brought on by COVID19
I can assure you that I don't need you to assume, in a patronising manner, that I do not know what Pneumonia is.

In fact, I could possibly educate you dear chap - because what my Pneumonia migrated in to, was only the third instance that my G.P. had heard of during his lifetime spent in medicine. Ever heard of Pleural Empyema? I would imagine not; nor have any knowledge about how life-threatening this can be.

As for (quote) "the people dying in Italy are being killed by pneumonia". What's your source for this exactly?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

It’s how the virus operates, attacking the lungs which causes pneumonia and ultimately kills those people with underlying health problems.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 pm It’s how the weapon operates, attacking the lungs which causes pneumonia and ultimately kills those enemies with underlying health problems. Because enemies with underlying health problems are the biggest threat.
Fixed that for you.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:32 pm
Bernard Mandeville wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:20 pm @ NuneatonO: You do know what causes pneumonia??

As it sounds like you don't; It is inflammation of the lung tissue, usually caused by infections (viruses or bacteria).

I can assure you that I don't need you to assume, in a patronising manner, that I do not know what Pneumonia is.

In fact, I could possibly educate you dear chap - because what my Pneumonia migrated in to, was only the third instance that my G.P. had heard of during his lifetime spent in medicine. Ever heard of Pleural Empyema? I would imagine not; nor have any knowledge about how life-threatening this can be.

As for (quote) "the people dying in Italy are being killed by pneumonia". What's your source for this exactly?
I know 2 people wo have had this
My mum had it when she was a teenager , she also suffered with bronchiectasis,
which meant she.could no longer train to be a nurse. The other person also had
bronchiectasis .

Did you have to do postal drainage ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: 😷😷🦇😷😷

Post by tuffers#1 »

Was in Sainsburys today , before i atarted shopping i went to the tobacco counter , which was about 10 deep .

Funny how quickly people who were ready to pay for there shopping move when they here someone cough
😧😧

I did say Thank you mind.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

BoE cuts rates to 0.25%
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

We seem to be doing quite well compared to other european countries. Perhaps that is just the benefit of being an island.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.social ... es-31/amp/

31 dead in Japan
I suppose that cuts through the island theory
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Schools planning for shutdown starting either two weeks before the Easter hols, or one week either side, depending on how fast things progress over the next few days
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

OyinbO wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:09 am Schools planning for shutdown starting either two weeks before the Easter hols, or one week either side, depending on how fast things progress over the next few days
link?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:09 am Schools planning for shutdown starting either two weeks before the Easter hols, or one week either side, depending on how fast things progress over the next few days
Aw bless 'em.

Teachers could do with another 2 weeks off.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NuneatonO's wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:32 am
Aw bless 'em.

How on earth have you contrived to have a dig at underpaid and overworked teachers?
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Aw bless 'em.

Clueless
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Aw bless 'em.

Seriously though, this virus could cause major issues with those doing GCSE/ A Levels / University exams etc this spring/ summer
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Cant we just get OAPs and other vulnerable folk to stay indoors while the rest of us go about our normal lives?
Bernard Mandeville
Fresh Alias

Post by Bernard Mandeville »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:32 pm

I am sorry to patronise but you are spreading dangerous nonsense. You are trivialising a serious situation.

'Pneomonia' like 'empyema' is a description of a damaged lung tissue - a process. It is caused by something (like a virus or bacteria).

NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pneumonia/

"Pneumonia is swelling (inflammation)of the tissue in one or both lungs. It's usually caused by a bacterial infection."

On Covid and pneumonia: Covid is dangerous because in its most serious form it attacs lungs. It causes pneumonia. This is why people are ending up on ventilators and ICU. And that is the big problem - we have a limited numbers of ventilators and ICU beds.

Here is one description of how covid kills: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-inflamed

Here is an Italian Dr on the scene:

Dr Macchini wrote: "One after the other, the departments that had been emptied are filling up at an impressive rate".

"The display boards with the names of the patients, in different colours depending on the operating unit they belong to, are now all red and instead of the surgical operation there is the diagnosis, which is always the same damned one: bilateral interstitial pneumonia."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... r-11954229
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:13 am
link?
I'm sure it will emerge soon enough.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Are you ITK then?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

spen666 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:18 pm
Aw bless 'em.

Seriously though, this virus could cause major issues with those doing GCSE/ A Levels / University exams etc this spring/ summer

My Daughter is taking A Levels this year, She is preparing to take them as per the timetable but aware that if things escalate as is likely she may be taking them over the summer months instead - not a big deal for her given the bigger picture, more revision and less summer holiday but hey ho.

Uni's are going to have to be well organised to handle the new intake at short notice but I'm sure they will cope as we all will.

Anyone with kids taking A levels this year will know that every exam this year has taken through school has been affected by something or other, curiculam changes, Grading boundary changes it's been one thing after another.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:55 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:18 pm
Aw bless 'em.

My Daughter is taking A Levels this year, She is preparing to take them as per the timetable but aware that if things escalate as is likely she may be taking them over the summer months instead - not a big deal for her given the bigger picture, more revision and less summer holiday but hey ho.

Uni's are going to have to be well organised to handle the new intake at short notice but I'm sure they will cope as we all will.

Anyone with kids taking A levels this year will know that every exam this year has taken through school has been affected by something or other, curiculam changes, Grading boundary changes it's been one thing after another.

Problem may be that for example.. the SE has Corona outbreak in May, NW in June, SW in July, Ne in August Midlands later.

When do pupils sit exams as all need to do them at same time