Alzate and Abrahams

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Waxepnut
Fresh Alias

Alzate and Abrahams

Post by Waxepnut »

Ex youth team stars let go after our relegation season. Played this year on loan at Yeovil and Swindon. Would love to see them back at Brisbane Road.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: Alzate and Abrahams

Post by Disoriented »

Yes please. Make it so.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

If Alzate came back on loan I'd make sex noises.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:55 pm If Alzate came back on loan I'd make sex noises.
:lol:
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Now that we are a League 2 club hopefully JE can use his contacts at Spurs maybe who would be willing to loan some youngsters who need some first team experience
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Has anyone seen either play this past season?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Perhaps Harry K can tell the youngsters what a great time he had with us.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Thor wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:01 pm Has anyone seen either play this past season?
Mate from work's a Swindon fan and said he had an absolute touch of class (which we already knew) but they didn't see the best of him due to injury and Swindon having a crap season in general.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Abrahams barely started for either, did he?

Is Alzate over his long term injury?
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

I read on the former board in the last couple of months that Alzate had signed an extension at Brighton. I had a Brighton scout sitting next door to me at one of the Tuesday games and he spoke highly of him. The scout was looking at Marv.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I liked Alzate he was class whilst he was here and what I saw of him. Next season I’d have thought that Brighton would move him up the league pyramid so he can progress further and become a better player by playing against better players.

We I would of thought don’t have a hope in hell of getting him in the building.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

What a dream, ohhh if only.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Abrahams looked like he'd beefed out when I saw brief Yeovil highlights a couple of weeks ago. Certainly did not look like the nimble young man I remember him as.

For now Alzate is aiming/ being aimed higher than we will be. Hope he makes it because his touch was a delight to watch.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Not exactly Kitch and Mayo, are they? Nothing to get excited about when we’ve already got Bonne and Koroma.

KMT
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

I think we've sussed that the loan market, in it's current state, doesn't work. Rich kids who have been pampered beyond belief getting smashed to pieces in the lower league for a team they don't care about because they don't train with them during the week anyway.

Look how we compared this season to practically every other team in the league and we never had a single loanee.

Having said that the thought of Alzate playing in that attacking midfield role does make the mouth water.

Wonder how many loans Lincoln, Luton or Norwich had too?

And while we're talking of loanees, what happened to Dalby when joined Morecambe? Did he get injured or just not even picked for the bench?
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Also i would rather we put faith in our youth than supplement the team with other teams youth.

Ogie, Sweeney, Hector, Sotiriou should all play a part next season now that we can pack out a bench.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Fair question that. From a quick glance, Norwich had Jordan Rhodes, while Lincoln had Rowe and McCarten as their only two loanees who played any significant gametime. Luton currently have 4 loan players but they barely made 10 apps between them so all 3 champions (4 including us, I guess) relied almost exclusively on contracted squads.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Tent Keague wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm And while we're talking of loanees, what happened to Dalby when joined Morecambe? Did he get injured or just not even picked for the bench?
I've a soft spot for Morecambe, so keep an eye on them. Dalby wasn't able to get ahead of Aaron Collins, Richie Bennett or Vadaine Oliver - it was selection and not injury.

I'd rather we didn't pop back for old youth players looked at through rose tinted glasses, especially in the case of Abrahams. He was a young kid thrown into the deep end with us who did about as well as could be expected given the circumstances - he's then gone onto Exeter and Yeovil where he's managed more yellow cards than goals. Norwich recalled him in January because he fell down the pecking order at Exeter. With our recruitment we should be looking to sign players who can contribute to a team looking for promotion to League One, I obviously wish him well, but Tristan Abrahams does not fall into that category.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm Fair question that. From a quick glance, Norwich had Jordan Rhodes, while Lincoln had Rowe and McCarten as their only two loanees who played any significant gametime. Luton currently have 4 loan players but they barely made 10 apps between them so all 3 champions (4 including us, I guess) relied almost exclusively on contracted squads.
I tried to find similar information but somehow or other just ended up going round in circles, well done on your investigation
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

TBH there is no space for Abrahams or Alzate.
Personally I do suspect that Alzate is a better player than JMD (although he has not the stats to back that up), but think they are a bit similar.

The loans thing is a red herring really, it is what it is. Not all kids in Premiership academies have bad attitudes, and teams like Brentford and Yeovil have used them to get out of league one. If you use it correctly, you can get players you wouldn't be able to attract normally, if you don't then it gives you no advantage. Just because we didn't do anything this season with loans does not mean the whole system is bust. That would be strange thinking considering a loanee helped turn around the season before.

We had great players like M'Poku in the past, I don't think much has changed in football that we could not get players like this again especially now we are back in the League. The stars of tomorrow still need to get some experience somewhere, and it would be a shame to turn our back on it, as we are a good option for London Prem clubs for a few reasons.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Definitely not suggesting we turn our back to it and there are always the exception to the rule.

Logic dictates that the more players that get hoovered up by Premier League and Championship teams means the quality gets diluted. Like Abrahams, Dalby, Alzate, etc.

Being in League Two will have its advantages over being Conference if we're to go this route.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Adams came in the season before and was magnificent.

Not really thought about it before but yeah, could be something in these 19/20 year olds not having the necessary to drop down to our level/L2 and do the business. Arguably that changes with 22/23 year olds about to be released and playing for their next job.
Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

Tent, I realise this backs up your point but how can you say we never had a single loanee? Does Levi Lumeka’s one substitute appearance mean nothing to you?
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Harry Kane was the exception because he is an exception!

Other than Kevin Campbell the rest have had no great impact.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Jakopovic.