Are Fylde just as plastic as Salford?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Re: Are Fylde just as plastic as Salford?

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 am Hadn’t realised they’d done that (as not that interested in them or the class of 92 pricks) but that does change things.
Yeah, it’s not as if our club has ever changed colours of badge.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Bottomley’s Ghost wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 am Hadn’t realised they’d done that (as not that interested in them or the class of 92 pricks) but that does change things.
Yeah, it’s not as if our club has ever changed colours of badge.
:lol:
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

At least we’ve always had the same name.
Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

:D
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

:D I’m not claiming the higher ground for Orient here.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am At least we’ve always had the same name.
Clapton Orient anyone?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am At least we’ve always had the same name.
Clapton Orient anyone?
Thanks for clarifying the exact (and very obvious) point being made.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Heh. Spenny’s Pevansed it there.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Oh spevans!
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

It’s a shame we’re having to have this discussion. Back in the 70s we’d never even heard of these teams, let alone played them. It’s was all Preston North End and Chelsea and Middlesbrough, not Flyde and Boreham Wood and Gateshead. Such a shame.

KMT
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Clapton Orient anyone?
I’d have gone with Glyn Cricket Club if I was trying to be a know it all willy.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:15 pm Oh spevans!
:lol:

I coined that, btw.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Salford as a place is much more suited as a league club. City in itself with media city nearby. If they grow can share with the Rugby League club
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Clapton Orient anyone?
I understand that as a neutral you'd feel the need to point this out, but real fans already know this.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 am
Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am
spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:45 am

Not unlike Leyton Orient then in July 2017?
As a neutral, I’m not so sure your input is needed on this topic.
So you have no answer to the fact that Leyton Orient were re born in 2017?

PS You pathetic childish taunts that I am a neutral do you no favours. I have been a season ticket holder at Orient for the last 20 years. What about you?

You can carry on your side digs it just makes people realise you have no answers to the points I make.
Spen sometimes it's plainly obvious you say things just to be contrary
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

JimbO wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 pm

PS You pathetic childish taunts that I am a neutral do you no favours. I have been a season ticket holder at Orient for the last 20 years. What about you?

You can carry on your side digs it just makes people realise you have no answers to the points I make.
I've never seen Spen say a single positive thing about Orient or Orient fans. Probably because he's a self confessed neutral who doesn't actually support the club. I notice that he went silent for over a week starting last Saturday, when we won the league. Not a coincidence if you ask me. But now he's back, being contrarian and arguing with people other nothing. Very strange behavior. Spending so much time being negative on the message board of a club he doesn't even support.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Great thread. :)
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

I am deadly serious

So many on here proclaimed Orient as being reborn in 2017 and said it was something to be proud of....now apparently repeating the same us trolling

Hypocrisy cones to mind
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 pm

I've never seen Spen say a single positive thing about Orient or Orient fans. Probably because he's a self confessed neutral who doesn't actually support the club. I notice that he went silent for over a week starting last Saturday, when we won the league. Not a coincidence if you ask me. But now he's back, being contrarian and arguing with people other nothing. Very strange behavior. Spending so much time being negative on the message board of a club he doesn't even support.
You speak bollocks so often

Saying Orient were re born in 2017 is a statement that many Orient fans have made

As for not supporting Orient, you keep repeating the lie despite the evidence all pointing to the contrary. 20 years being an Orient season ticket holder would suggest you are talking bollocks as usual
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Saying Orient were re born in 2017 is a statement that many Orient fans have made

As for not supporting Orient, you keep repeating the lie despite the evidence all pointing to the contrary. 20 years being an Orient season ticket holder would suggest you are talking bollocks as usual
A lie?

Here's description taken from your own blog:

The travels and views of a Newcastle United supporting, Spennymoor Town fan who lives in Essex

Even you don't describe yourself as a fan. Are you denying that the blog called "The beautiful game?" hosted on wordpress is not yours? And if it is yours, are you claiming that you didn't write the description above?

You talk of evidence, yet your claim of being a season ticket holder has no evidence whatsoever. You constant stream of negativity towards the club, and complete lack of every saying anything positive about Orient supports the idea that you're just a neutral who comes to argue with people on this message board.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 pm

A lie?

The travels and views of a Newcastle United supporting, Spennymoor Town fan who lives in Essex

Even you don't describe yourself as a fan. Are you denying that the blog called "The beautiful game?" hosted on wordpress is not yours? And if it is yours, are you claiming that you didn't write the description above?

You talk of evidence, yet your claim of being a season ticket holder has no evidence whatsoever. You constant stream of negativity towards the club, and complete lack of every saying anything positive about Orient supports the idea that you're just a neutral who comes to argue with people on this message board.
Plus he's a thick Northern git. Worse than that he's an incomprehensible Psuedo-Geordie.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

A lie?

Firstly, that blog has been almost dormant for years.
Secondly the description doesn't say I am alive, so by your twisted logic. I am not alive?

Secondly, come & meet me at a game & you will see my season ticket ....Come and see me in Block 143 at Wembley a week on Sunday....will you? No, because you are a sad keyboard warrior who hasn't got the bottle to say the crap you come out with to my face.

Thirdly, I am not negative about Orient, in fact I am the opposite. I was one of the few 2-3 years ago not wetting my pants and crying about relegation bring the end of Orient, because I had faith in the club. I am not however a rose tinted fan and will look at things objectively and am proud of that. Supporting Orient doesn't mean everything the club do is automatically correct.

It is very rare I post anything critical if the club however

Not sure however your idea of bullying and hostility towards Orient season ticket holders is actually doing anything to promote or support Orient. All you are trying to achieve is to make supporters you disagree with feel unwelcome to come to Orient. That's not helping boost Orient is it?

You could try acting like an adult and accept not everyone sees things in your narrow way & accept that people can support a team and not see things the same way as you.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:15 am

A lie?

Firstly, that blog has been almost dormant for years.
Secondly the description doesn't say I am alive, so by your twisted logic. I am not alive?

Secondly, come & meet me at a game & you will see my season ticket ....Come and see me in Block 143 at Wembley a week on Sunday....will you? No, because you are a sad keyboard warrior who hasn't got the bottle to say the crap you come out with to my face.

Thirdly, I am not negative about Orient, in fact I am the opposite. I was one of the few 2-3 years ago not wetting my pants and crying about relegation bring the end of Orient, because I had faith in the club. I am not however a rose tinted fan and will look at things objectively and am proud of that. Supporting Orient doesn't mean everything the club do is automatically correct.

It is very rare I post anything critical if the club however

Not sure however your idea of bullying and hostility towards Orient season ticket holders is actually doing anything to promote or support Orient. All you are trying to achieve is to make supporters you disagree with feel unwelcome to come to Orient. That's not helping boost Orient is it?

You could try acting like an adult and accept not everyone sees things in your narrow way & accept that people can support a team and not see things the same way as you.
Your blog also doesn’t say that you’re a Martian, but I don’t automatically assume that you are. What strange logic. I focus on what it does say, which is that you’re a Newcastle and Spennymoor town fan, not Orient.

Why on earth would I want to meet you in person? I can’t even stand you on a message board. Talking to you in real life is probably torture.

I’m not exactly sure how I’m “bullying” you. All I’ve done is describe you as a neutral, the exact way you describe yourself on your blog.

As for being positive about Orient, I’ve never seen you write a single positive thing about the club or it’s supporters. All you ever do is come on here and try to argue with people.

It is amusing watching you get so wound up. Usually people just ignore you or argue with you so you’re not bothered. You’re getting angry with me because I’m actually calling you out for what you actually are, a neutral who likes to argue with real Orient fans just for the sake of it.

The irony of you calling me a keyboard warrior is hilarious. You’re by far the worst offender on this message board.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle81 »

Article_50 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:36 pm Far too much importance has been attached to whether Southend will be relegated, or whether Colchester will be promoted, will Salford beat Fylde etc etc etc. The most important thing as far I'm concerned that Orient are back in the League.
I am wondering if we will be playing Huddersfield August 2020.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Stowaway wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am Yeah I get your point, but at least Orient are an established outfit. Salford have roots back to 1940 in one form or another, but essentially the current club is a complete rebirth. Fylde only go back 30 years, and as AFC only since 2008. Both of them smack of being millionaire’s playthings, and I really don’t think you can say that about us. Watching the game yesterday they kept showing Gary Neville in the stand, no signs of any of the other ex-Ytd backers anywhere. Odd, that.
So a club being around longer makes it more justifiable for them to be a 'millionaire's plaything'? I guess Fylde and Salford should have waited until the year 2117 to get a rich owner and be bankrolled through the leagues, then nobody would be complaining.