Are Fylde just as plastic as Salford?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Are Fylde just as plastic as Salford?

Post by aylesburyos »

Seems to be a bit of a love in for Fylde. How different are they to Salford? Who paid for their ground & no doubt big wages to Danny Rowe. Salford seem to have a bigger average crowd than Fyldes of around 1500. Also Fylde have the 2022 logo on their shirts.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Are Fylde just as plastic as Salford?

Post by Fisch »

The Rooney publicity probably made Salford the main targets of envy but l too see little difference between them and Fylde. Perhaps Salford's owners added to heir PR problems just for being big names?
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

Far too much importance has been attached to whether Southend will be relegated, or whether Colchester will be promoted, will Salford beat Fylde etc etc etc. The most important thing as far I'm concerned that Orient are back in the League.
Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

They are. Plus their owner supports fracking and Farage held a Brexit rally there today. Obviously, I get that this will appeal to some sections of our fanbase. But Salford are doing a lot of good things (Academy, women’s team) and a lot of the hostility to them seems based on the Man U connection.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

If Salford make it to league 2 our games against them will have an edge. Fylde not so much.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

What do you mean by ‘plastic’?

We’ve got promoted by having (one of) the biggest budget in this division, bringing in players and coaching staff from L1 and L2, funded by a foreign millionaire racking up huge unsustainable debts. We’ve had bigger crowds than our L1 days, ‘fans’ coming from nowhere to watch a winning side.

Is that plastic?
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Yeah I get your point, but at least Orient are an established outfit. Salford have roots back to 1940 in one form or another, but essentially the current club is a complete rebirth. Fylde only go back 30 years, and as AFC only since 2008. Both of them smack of being millionaire’s playthings, and I really don’t think you can say that about us. Watching the game yesterday they kept showing Gary Neville in the stand, no signs of any of the other ex-Ytd backers anywhere. Odd, that.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

We are exactly a millionaires plaything. Most football clubs are.

The only thing that differentiates us is we’ve been going longer! Somehow that makes our position ok, and all the others unacceptable.

The lack of self awareness from Orient fans is baffling.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Lack of self awareness from Os fans is a longstanding issue but really enjoying your new shtick of trying to pretend we're the Man City of non-League.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Stowaway wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am Yeah I get your point, but at least Orient are an established outfit. Salford have roots back to 1940 in one form or another, but essentially the current club is a complete rebirth. Fylde only go back 30 years, and as AFC only since 2008. Both of them smack of being millionaire’s playthings, and I really don’t think you can say that about us. Watching the game yesterday they kept showing Gary Neville in the stand, no signs of any of the other ex-Ytd backers anywhere. Odd, that.
Not unlike Leyton Orient then in July 2017?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 am We are exactly a millionaires plaything. Most football clubs are.

The only thing that differentiates us is we’ve been going longer! Somehow that makes our position ok, and all the others unacceptable.

Peddling the ridiculous “Orient are no different to Salford” argument on this thread I see. Despite the fact I’ve explained to you, in detail, how it’s a different case. Notice that once again you purposely leave out life long Orient fan and co-owner Nigel Travis from your flimsy argument.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:45 am
Stowaway wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am Yeah I get your point, but at least Orient are an established outfit. Salford have roots back to 1940 in one form or another, but essentially the current club is a complete rebirth. Fylde only go back 30 years, and as AFC only since 2008. Both of them smack of being millionaire’s playthings, and I really don’t think you can say that about us. Watching the game yesterday they kept showing Gary Neville in the stand, no signs of any of the other ex-Ytd backers anywhere. Odd, that.
As a neutral, I’m not so sure your input is needed on this topic.
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

I remember a comment on the Eastleigh forum last season when they were hugely impressed by Brisbane road.
I think it was a bit of a culture shock being the big boys of non-league and I think that made us a bit of a target.
The more I think about it the more I realise it was a heck of an achievement to get out so quickly.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am
So you have no answer to the fact that Leyton Orient were re born in 2017?

PS You pathetic childish taunts that I am a neutral do you no favours. I have been a season ticket holder at Orient for the last 20 years. What about you?

You can carry on your side digs it just makes people realise you have no answers to the points I make.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:42 am Lack of self awareness from Os fans is a longstanding issue but really enjoying your new shtick of trying to pretend we're the Man City of non-League.
Salford are obviously the Man City. If we’re carrying on with your silly analogy, we’d be Liverpool I’d say?

How many other clubs in non league had a budget anywhere near ours, do you reckon? How many other racked up a £2m annual loss?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 am We are exactly a millionaires plaything. Most football clubs are.

Peddling the ridiculous “Orient are no different to Salford” argument on this thread I see. Despite the fact I’ve explained to you, in detail, how it’s a different case. Notice that once again you purposely leave out life long Orient fan and co-owner Nigel Travis from your flimsy argument.
Where have I said there is no difference?

I’m just pointing out the many similarities that lots of Orient fans refuse to see in their quest to downplay other clubs achievements.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

The simple thing is how the 3 clubs act.

Orient- budget aimed to be in play offs, ie this season 2-7, next 4-7. Initial aim to regain league status within 3-5 years. Rebuilding of club needed significant cash input. Has strong fan base, effectively allowing larger budget.
Fylde - aim to be a league club by 2022, obviously a budget in the play offs. Gradual building of club.
Salford- a budget of average for 2 divisions above. Fast building of club.

All clubs have women's teams, Fylde are the highest.

Academy- only really worth doing if you are in the EFL.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:09 am
Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 am

Where have I said there is no difference?

I’m just pointing out the many similarities that lots of Orient fans refuse to see in their quest to downplay other clubs achievements.

That’s simply not true. Most Orient fans recognise that we are lucky enough to have a wealthy owner. It’s your constant insistence that Orient are no different to Salford because both have a bit of money which is ridiculous.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:04 am
Esteban wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am

So you have no answer to the fact that Leyton Orient were re born in 2017?

PS You pathetic childish taunts that I am a neutral do you no favours. I have been a season ticket holder at Orient for the last 20 years. What about you?

You can carry on your side digs it just makes people realise you have no answers to the points I make.

How is it a taunt when you describe yourself as a neutral on your own blog? I’m curious as to why you even come on an Orient board when you support another team(s). I come on an Orient message board to talk with other Orient fans, not to answer to the constant negativity of a neutral like you.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

See, there you go again. We have a wealthy owner. Others are millionaires playthings. That’s not really fair, is it?

I have no issue with clubs having different budgets, it’s the way of the world. Others seem to take issue with any club who has more money than us, yet fail to see we have more money than most others.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:21 am See, there you go again. We have a wealthy owner. Others are millionaires playthings. That’s not really fair, is it?

I have no issue with clubs having different budgets, it’s the way of the world. Others seem to take issue with any club who has more money than us, yet fail to see we have more money than most others.
Again, not true. I’ve said multiple times that it’s not the money which irks me.

To be perfectly honest I think you hit the nail on the head on a previous post, it’s the class of 92 t*ssers which irritate me so much about Salford.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

😂

Appreciate your honesty. And already said, I totally get that.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

It’s the rebranding (tangerine shirts to red) & rebadging (removing The ‘Ammies references) that irked me, just to make them more Man U-y. Felt like the Leigh Genesis nonsense, which deservedly went down the plughole.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Hadn’t realised they’d done that (as not that interested in them or the class of 92 pricks) but that does change things.
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

slacker wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 am It’s the rebranding (tangerine shirts to red) & rebadging (removing The ‘Ammies references) that irked me, just to make them more Man U-y. Felt like the Leigh Genesis nonsense, which deservedly went down the plughole.
Yes, you still see a few tangerine shirts in the crowd. I do wonder what some of the old- timers make of how things have gone.