Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Tory Watch

Post by tuffers#1 »

After Sinn Feins unsuprising march to election success in Ireland , I wonder how the People who voted Tory for the 1st time because Corbyn dealt with members of sinn fein , will feel now that Boris has to do so in an official government situation ?

Could get interesting
😁
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 pm After Sinn Feins unsuprising march to election success in Ireland , I wonder how the People who voted Tory for the 1st time because Corbyn dealt with members of sinn fein , will feel now that Boris has to do so in an official government situation ?

Could get interesting
😁
Corbyn had a choice. Boris would have no choice and that’s the difference.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:54 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 pm After Sinn Feins unsuprising march to election success in Ireland , I wonder how the People who voted Tory for the 1st time because Corbyn dealt with members of sinn fein , will feel now that Boris has to do so in an official government situation ?

Could get interesting
😁
Corbyn had a choice. Boris would have no choice and that’s the difference.
Of course boris has a choice
Just like corbyn did.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I see the Home Office went ahead with some Caribbean deportations yesterday, despite the Courts blocking the move for others held at specified detention centres. They all had convictions - some serious - but they had served their jail time and many had been in the UK since being kids, and some had dependents that will remain here. I’m feeling very uncomfortable about this.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Seems like some were not deported because an O2 network outage means they might not have been able to phone a lawyer.

If some have been here since children, are they not British? I find it hard to feel much sympathy for serious criminals anyway.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

slacker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:03 pm I see the Home Office went ahead with some Caribbean deportations yesterday, despite the Courts blocking the move for others held at specified detention centres. They all had convictions - some serious - but they had served their jail time and many had been in the UK since being kids, and some had dependents that will remain here. I’m feeling very uncomfortable about this.
I too am feeling very uncomfortable about this. It seems we are slowly sliding toward the ways totalitarian states behave.
Some examples......Johnsons refusal to publish the so called Russia report, even though he promised he would after the election, probably because it shows Russian money goung to the Tory party.
Another example, is the exclusion of a number of journalists from a Downing Street briefing,because Johnson felt they might not be supporting of him. Thats a very worrying event in my opinion...wreaks of the stuff fascist leaders do.
There are other things that lead me to believe the Tories are sliding into authoritarian type government
I think we need to be worried at the present time
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

They're saying its a law that Labour introduced, is that not true? Cant say i disagree with deporting foreign criminals.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 pm They're saying its a law that Labour introduced, is that not true? Cant say i disagree with deporting foreign criminals.
Laws are not always enforced. The Tories had a choice.

It seems to me there are at least two kinds of citizens involved. Those who came from overseas as adults and those that came to the UK as kids. And they have been punished under the Law and done their time.

Expelling the former smacks of racism because it takes no account of their right as British citizens and will fuel the flames of intolerance already on the increase in the UK.

Governments need to bear in mind what the greater good is when making decisions like this. Unless of course that government is a racist one cynically manipulating the people for political reasons.

I have no objection to the non UK citizens being deported because that is how all other foreign criminals are treated. They have forfeited their right to remain here.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Worth a read Caca for some perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ica-family
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I see this as part of the wider cultural shift the conservative right wants to happen over the next five years.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

They may have done their time in prison but that doesnt mean this other law shouldnt apply.

What this seems to hinge on is whether these people are foreign or British. Can you not apply to be British or something?

It is very harsh on the kids.

Spare me the Guardian no comments allowed, comment pieces.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Jeremy Corbyn really put Johnson on the spot and visibly embarrassed him.

With reference to the deportation flight and the number of Jamaicans being deported for drug offences. Corbyn asked Johnson if a young white man with blond hair had committed a drugs offence and had threatened to have a journalist beaten up - should he too be deported to his country of birth? Johnson has done both and he was born in the USA.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Another worrying thing is that says that deportation will happen at the end of the sentance, in several cases the people concerned have ended their sentance and have not commited another offence, yet suddenly they go to sign on at the probation office and find themselves in handcuffs and off to a detention centre. I will need to see flights to other countries before I am convinced this is not racially motived.

Mikero
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Of course it is racially motivated.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It is happening with criminals from other counties. In fact, Romanians and other eastern Europeans top the 'league' and Jamaicans are way down the list (so far). The issue here is that of deporting ex-commonwealth citizens who have been here since a very young age.

So far, from what I can see, those being deported have been convicted of very serious offences. But that could shift.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Boris in trouble again for lying.

When will the thicko Tory voters ever learn?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Javid resigns :lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Leadsom dumped. We're going back into the EU.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

The most successful Secretary of State for Northern Ireland since Mo Molam shafted as predicted. The people in Ireland should be off no doubt he couldn’t give a flying fook about the Island. He is even banning ministers from talking about Brexit as if it is done. So under Rasputin(Cummings), Britain is heading for a No deal Brexit or at the last minute it will be we have to extend as we are near an agreement that will take more time.

They have also left Javid no choice but to resign as they want to merge the Treasury and Downing Street.

I'm going to sit back and watch this shitshow emerge.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:27 am Boris in trouble again for lying.

When will the thicko Tory voters ever learn?
Yes, who paid for the holiday? What special interest will be the beneficiary?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RoryRocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 pm The most successful Secretary of State for Northern Ireland since Mo Molam shafted as predicted. The people in Ireland should be off no doubt he couldn’t give a flying fook about the Island. He is even banning ministers from talking about Brexit as if it is done. So under Rasputin(Cummings), Britain is heading for a No deal Brexit or at the last minute it will be we have to extend as we are near an agreement that will take more time.

They have also left Javid no choice but to resign as they want to merge the Treasury and Downing Street.

I'm going to sit back and watch this shitshow emerge.
I'm not I'm going to live in France. They know how to protest against sh*t like this there.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm Javid resigns :lol:
Seems like the country is being run by some unelected
Whatever he is .

The letters C & S could be switched around to describe him more accurately.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Cumming and boris wanted a no deal, looks like they will get it now like I predicted ages ago when I said they were playing games and it looks like theyve played it to perfection.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:44 pm Cumming and boris wanted a no deal, looks like they will get it now like I predicted ages ago when I said they were playing games and it looks like theyve played it to perfection.
By telling lies. Marvellous.

Wish I could win games like that.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Not going to argue that point max, but its incredulous that more people couldn't see the game being played by them.