Martin Ling

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Martin Ling

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Sorry for linking to the s*n but this is too good and too important not to share.

Incredible to listen to Lingy speaking so openly and honestly about this subject.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8995846/ ... epression/
Lady Luck
Fresh Alias

Re: Martin Ling

Post by Lady Luck »

You can find the "Love of the Game" episode if you go direct to the Dream Team's youtube page:

(Doesn't eradicate the association with The Sun, but does at least reduce the traffic to their website.)
claptonCasual
Fresh Alias

Post by claptonCasual »

Been in some very dark places myself and found that very moving!
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Powerful and moving. Now that's what I call manning up. Well done Lingy , stay well.
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

He spoke in a similar fashion on an early episode of the Orient Hour too. it is
indeed powerful and moving to listen to him speak like this.
Walthamsto
Fresh Alias

Post by Walthamsto »

Respect to Martin for helping to raise awareness of the issue.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

This is also one of the reasons why this is my favourite picture from Saturday. Very powerful.
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

Much respect to Lingy there- I'd forgotten Edinburgh was at R&D when Dale Roberts took his life.
ParisO

Post by ParisO »

claptonCasual wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:03 pm Been in some very dark places myself and found that very moving!
Same here.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

You have to respect his courage here. Mental health cannot be disparaged.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Justin also speaks really well on the subject.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Bergen wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:11 pm Image
This is also one of the reasons why this is my favourite picture from Saturday. Very powerful.
Did Jarvis take that?

Agreed, great pic.

Ling Jnr is as close as you’ll ever get to being a genuine fan of the club you play for.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

He is. Pity he is not a genuine player though.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

😁 now is not the time.

Every photo, Sam looks absolutely pumped.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Now is the time fella. Retention for next season cannot be left until the last minute like the past two years.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

The more people open up about mental illness the more we will understand. Well done ML. Respect.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Disoriented wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 pm He is. Pity he is not a genuine player though.
You just couldn't resist could you, even you knew not to have a go at Dad, so what do you do, dig out the son.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Disoriented wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 pm You have to respect his courage here. Mental health cannot be disparaged.
It can be. Mainly be you on here.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm The more people open up about mental illness the more we will understand. Well done ML. Respect.
Agreed.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm The more people open up about mental illness the more we will understand. Well done ML. Respect.
Unfortunately some suicides are not what i would call mentall illness , but a complete & utter dissolutionment with whatever possible future maybe ahead of you.

Something i personally am going to have to face up to in the next couple of months myself .

Im really not looking forward to it & my mental health is fine , but when you see what lies ahead it leaves you with a question of what is easier staying or going.
Im hoping for a lottery win as that will ease the problem with immedaite effect , or some other miracle of fate.

Still could be worse.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sat May 04, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:48 am
Unfortunately some suicides are not what i would call mentall illness , but a complete & utter dissolutionment with whatever possible future maybe ahead of you.

Something i personally am going to have to face up to in the next couple of months myself .

Im really not looking forward to it & my mental health is fine , but when you see what lies ahead it leaves you with a question of what is easier staying or going.
Im hoping for a lottery win as that will ease the problem with immedaite effect , or.some other miracle of fate.

Still could be worse.
I too am hanging on for that Loffery win. Stick in there partner
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Im hoping for a lottery win as that will ease the problem with immedaite effect , or some other miracle of fate.

Still could be worse.

I understand what you say. One thing that struck home with me in what Ling said was his shall I go or stay comment. Whilst suicide solves personal problems it can leave behind others who will suffer as a result. There has to be people out there who can help. I wish you all the best.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

point nine one eight wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm
Disoriented wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 pm He is. Pity he is not a genuine player though.
You just couldn't resist could you, even you knew not to have a go at Dad, so what do you do, dig out the son.
Your playing with peoples lives here, do you want to be responsible for that final dig
, Your a disgrace
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 am

Still could be worse.

I understand what you say. One thing that struck home with me in what Ling said was his shall I go or stay comment. Whilst suicide solves personal problems it can leave behind others who will suffer as a result. There has to be people out there who can help. I wish you all the best.
I knew i had problems when i was 18 & made a point not to get married & have Children , so from that point of view its only my siblings & there kids who would be left to deal with it.

Ive already told the siblings its an option , admittedly the only option i really dont want to take, but having dealt with "my stuff " & left it behind, i woke up the next day & was over 40 . Decent education gone , optimum time for earning gone , no home no dosh , so i managed to muddle through up untill 2012/13 when the rental prices went through the roof . After caring for my mum for the last 5 or 6 years , the last 3 as her full time carer , any cash i had accumulated has gone.

To top it all im going to be evicted from her H.A home of 23 years because A, it wasnt a succesion tenancy & B im 2 years to young to match there age specific stipulation.
Im a single male over 25 & that means your the lowest priority out there. I can get work not a problem but probably not enough to.cover basic expenses & a night out once a month or going to see the O's wont be happening .

I can get work but if the council did rehome me it could be 150 miles+ from where id work so cant take the work as id be voluntarily out of work & entitled to nothing from the state for 6 months , which would mean a threat to wherever i was living .
So my choices are very very limited & ive had enough of just surviving through life.

Basically i dont need a mega jackopt , just enough to buy a small 1 bedroom flat would do .

Either that or if any of you lot know a rich good looking woman ( shallow i know ) who has money to burn ?
Im House trained .

If so let me know
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:42 pm
Disoriented wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 pm You have to respect his courage here. Mental health cannot be disparaged.
It can be. Mainly be you on here.
Really? How so, or are just speaking jobby yet again?