George Alexander

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: George Alexander

Post by Thor »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:15 pm
kokomO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am Which to me is yet more evidence that the money's run out...
If the money has "run out" (whatever that means) then we'd go with just what we have for the rest of the season.
Don’t think that statement is true. What is more likely is the club is being run to a budget and it’s right that it is respected otherwise we end up in all sorts of financial trouble. We got to within a penalty kick of the championship without spending one penny on that team in transfer fees.

We need decisive leadership on the training ground and I’d love to have been a fly on the wall yesterday as Ross the boss showed his first signs of emotion and anger. Hopefully a rocket was duly delivered along with a few home truths and that will lay down a marker that he really is the boss and not their mate.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:29 pm
kokomO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am Which to me is yet more evidence that the money's run out...
If the money has "run out" (whatever that means) then we'd go with just what we have for the rest of the season.
Don’t think that statement is true. What is more likely is the club is being run to a budget and it’s right that it is respected otherwise we end up in all sorts of financial trouble. We got to within a penalty kick of the championship without spending one penny on that team in transfer fees.

We need decisive leadership on the training ground and I’d love to have been a fly on the wall yesterday as Ross the boss showed his first signs of emotion and anger. Hopefully a rocket was duly delivered along with a few home truths and that will lay down a marker that he really is the boss and not their mate.
No one is suggesting you have to go out and spend money on transfer fees.

I’m sure our budget is reasonable enough. I would imagine the issue is amount of wastage within that figure. No other club has a DoF to finance. We have given out contract extensions to several ageing players, some of whom have not featured at all. We have had to stump up God knows how much of a head coach’s 18 month contract for just 5 weeks of work. We have very probably had to contribute to Gorman and Alabis future salaries to get them off our wage bill.

Given this level of wastage, it’s not surprising if the money has ‘run out’. :(((
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Actually, Carlisle also have a DoF.... they also seem to have gone down the road of appointing an inexperienced manager. Their form is only a little bit better than ours as well. I think they are in just as much trouble as us, probably worse. As a coach, Beech has more achievements than Ross, but in terms of players I reckon we shade it.

Can you imagine Ross dishing out any 'home truths'?? I can't. Seems bereft of genuine leadership at the moment, on the pitch and off it.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

RedO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:39 pm

I’m sure our budget is reasonable enough. I would imagine the issue is amount of wastage within that figure. No other club has a DoF to finance. We have given out contract extensions to several ageing players, some of whom have not featured at all. We have had to stump up God knows how much of a head coach’s 18 month contract for just 5 weeks of work. We have very probably had to contribute to Gorman and Alabis future salaries to get them off our wage bill.

Given this level of wastage, it’s not surprising if the money has ‘run out’. :(((
Fair enough.

In which case sounds like we've used up our budget, not run out of money.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

I take the point about wastage within the budget. That's probably nailed it.

But I'm sure I read that half the clubs in this division have a Director of Football.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Tent Keague wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm I take the point about wastage within the budget. That's probably nailed it.

But I'm sure I read that half the clubs in this division have a Director of Football.
In that case it's obvious we then have the worst D of F and head coach in the league, both are capable to take us down and either will.
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

I wouldn't say they're the worst, but they definitely are not what we need at this moment in time.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

I doubt the club are contributing towards Gormans salary as Flynn clearly wanted to sign him. Alabi on the other hand, perhaps the club are contributing.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

It is clear where the finger of blame points in relation to this shambles and it is incredible this individual is allowed to continue in his role.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:25 pm Imagine being Ruel Sotiriou, working your nads off, going out on loan back to non-league to get some games (and goals), coming back and still not being used, finally getting 90 minutes at left f*cking midfield, scoring goals still, then hearing about this.

It has to be bullshit. If it's genuine, we are more clueless than I could possibly imagine. The only thing that makes me believe it could be true is it's a relative of one of Lingy's mates so would fit.
Totally this.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

2 pages on a rumour from the other board

😂😂😂😂😂

🤡🤡🤡
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Fair enough.

It's just a difference of wording but means the same thing. Ok I'll change it to 'the money we have budgeted for the football club has been extinguished, used uop, is no longer available'. Same difference.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Fair enough.

It's just a difference of wording but means the same thing. Ok I'll change it to 'the money we have budgeted for the football club has been extinguished, used uop, is no longer available'. Same difference.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

RoryRocks wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:28 pm

I doubt the club are contributing towards Gormans salary as Flynn clearly wanted to sign him. Alabi on the other hand, perhaps the club are contributing.
No one on this board will know the ins and outs of who's salarys are being 'supported' whilst out on loan. It's all conjecture and guess work.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Pure speculation, of course.

Can’t argue that his salary for the previous 18 months also counts as wastage, tho.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RedO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Can’t argue that his salary for the previous 18 months also counts as wastage, tho.
:lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:47 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:49 pm

We haven’t scored from open play for almost 360 mins ( Sotoriou v Newport )
Even One Goal would give us a chance but negative tactics are costing us.
Are. goals from open play worth more than ones that arent ?

Ludicrous statement.
Only thing that’s Ludicrous is that you can’t seem to understand the point that we are being set up so negatively that we haven’t scored a goal, apart from the penalty last week for nearly FOUR games. It’s no wonder that we’re struggling so badly.
To set up at home against a team as poor as Grimsby with just One up front is also Ludicrous :(((
We absolutely battered Grimsby in terms of possesion & set up.
The quality of pass or luck in the box was what was lacking .
Not tactics. Are you sure you watch the game & not sit there
talking through the whole game ?
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

RedO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 pm

No harm, but your such a clown. Your part of the reason we are here now. Time will tell if Ross has made the rite decisions.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologise for my part in this seasons below par performance.

I’m looking to get back to basics at the training ground today and go again tomorrow night.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Got to agree. It’s no surprise that there are budgetary constraints but it’s still up to the manager/ HC to get the best out of what he has and that’s not been happening.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:08 pm 2 pages on a rumour from the other board

😂😂😂😂😂

🤡🤡🤡
To be fair lucky
The other board could win a Billion quid in the lottery &
Get less pages than the smell ofa fart would on this board .

Des would blame you know who for it whatever else was stated. He has Hatred in him that fella
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Back to the kid, Millwall seem to upload entire U23 games onto their Youtube.

The kid has been scoring loads in the U23 leagues, but then again Levi Lumeka was scoring lots in them, and look what happened to him... I am sure the standard is way below even that of the National League and a look at the games shows that they are all played without the kind of intensity real competitive games are played with. So it could be that it may come as a shock.

He seems a different type of striker to Gary, not really a target man, but quicker and harder working. So, seems a bit different to what we have, but is he any better than Sotiriou?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

"is he any better than Sotiriou?", is of course the key question.
koppio
Fresh Alias

Post by koppio »

Redo"s comment is SO accurate!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

eagwgw wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 am Back to the kid, Millwall seem to upload entire U23 games onto their Youtube.

The kid has been scoring loads in the U23 leagues, but then again Levi Lumeka was scoring lots in them, and look what happened to him... I am sure the standard is way below even that of the National League and a look at the games shows that they are all played without the kind of intensity real competitive games are played with. So it could be that it may come as a shock.

He seems a different type of striker to Gary, not really a target man, but quicker and harder working. So, seems a bit different to what we have, but is he any better than Sotiriou?
We played Villas U23s before the cup game and ran out comfortable winners.

Got to remember that the best under 23s are already playing first team football, this is for kids much younger than 23 or those in the last chance saloon.

We don’t need another squad filler in this role we need a proper option to play alongside/instead of Angol and Wilkinson and offer genuine competition for the first time in a long time.