Snowflake Fans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: Snowflake Fans

Post by Lucky7 »

kokomO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:28 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:16 pm

I think what makes us extra sensitive is after what we’ve just been through over these past six years. We all know what it took and what it cost us to get back into the league . We simply can’t afford to drop back down into the National League
What do you mean , cant afford ?

Our season ticket sales have increased over tje last few seasons during our time of need.

What you seem to forget is that all we had
in 2016/17 was kids who were bottom of the
league getting whooped most weeks.

Now we have grown men , a few out injured a few
We draw a few we lose by the odd goal here & there.
We need to pick yp a couoke of wins .
Theyll come

The constant whining isnt getting us anywhere .

As the saying goes
Only a fool repeats his mistakes , maybe its time
for fans to try a different tact , as the 1 there on isnt
working.
Think it's time you and lucky tried a different tact to be fair 🤷🏻‍♂️
Try a different tact?
What you mean constantly bellyache like you
Nah thanks
I’ll support my team through thick and thin
Unlike you it would seem
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:29 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am When did we inherit such a bunch of pessimistic followers ?
They are Especially those that are noticeable on Social media .

When i was a boy in the 70s O's fans were satisfied with having a moan
on the journey back home & were able to leave it at the front door
, it seems now that this un-naturally hyper sensitive bunch , have some what morphed into
the proverbial WET BLOUSES that many people would have only been able to see
on shows such as Jeremy Kyle , wanting to cry about The O's 24/7

Im truly perplexed & dissapointed in them .
All fans are the same. Go to Sunday morning football and listen to all the Dads moaning about their teams :lol:
The Future Poundhills & dross interest .

Id rather not 😁
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Oh go on then tuffers I'll bite 😆

Indeed we do have snowflakes but I'd say they're the "family club" mob who expect that every action the club takes *must* be met with cheers of adulation. They care not for the football that actually takes place but rather whether the players pose nicely with their kids or for selfies. The day out matters more than what actually happens on pitch, the result or what league we end up in. If you try and discuss football matters they shout you down with "support the club" but no actual substance.

When the club does well it gets praise (for example you'll find plenty of people with many positive words for the work Danny Macklin has done on the commercial side). I also think Elliot Byrne put us ahead of the game with the streaming service, hope his replacement can keep that moving forward.

However that works both ways and criticism is equally valid when things are done poorly (Fletcher situation even T&T admit was a shambles)

The idea that we have a divine right to stay in L2 and "definitely won't go down" is disrespectful (to our competition) and complacent in equal measure. It's also fair and realistic to say relegation to NL would come with consequences, particularly to the snowflakes' beloved academy which would almost certainly have to close.

No one sensible asked for anything more than mid-table consolidation this season. What's not on is a relegation dogfight that's come about as the result of lack of investment in the playing squad and poor decisions at board level.

The irony of this discussion is you see who the snowflakes are when they can't hold a rational discussion around the subject.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

gshaw wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:15 pm Oh go on then tuffers I'll bite 😆

Indeed we do have snowflakes but I'd say they're the "family club" mob who expect that every action the club takes *must* be met with cheers of adulation. They care not for the football that actually takes place but rather whether the players pose nicely with their kids or for selfies. The day out matters more than what actually happens on pitch, the result or what league we end up in. If you try and discuss football matters they shout you down with "support the club" but no actual substance.

When the club does well it gets praise (for example you'll find plenty of people with many positive words for the work Danny Macklin has done on the commercial side). I also think Elliot Byrne put us ahead of the game with the streaming service, hope his replacement can keep that moving forward.

However that works both ways and criticism is equally valid when things are done poorly (Fletcher situation even T&T admit was a shambles)

The idea that we have a divine right to stay in L2 and "definitely won't go down" is disrespectful (to our competition) and complacent in equal measure. It's also fair and realistic to say relegation to NL would come with consequences, particularly to the snowflakes' beloved academy which would almost certainly have to close.

No one sensible asked for anything more than mid-table consolidation this season. What's not on is a relegation dogfight that's come about as the result of lack of investment in the playing squad and poor decisions at board level.

The irony of this discussion is you see who the snowflakes are when they can't hold a rational discussion around the subject.
Nails it 👏
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:15 pm Oh go on then tuffers I'll bite 😆

Bite at what ?

You just poured drivel over a Snowflake .

Im not cheering any decision.

I watch my team & cheer when we score win or get enough points to win a title .

I try not to be overboard with it.

By the same token i treat defeat with disdain .
It bothers me for 5 minutes then i carry on with life.

I read the message board for snippets of unkown information.
Not to have a bleeding hearts club .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

If any of you moaning about what is happening to the team. Get together, offer Kent some money and see how easy it is to become successful.

I know how easy it is, when you look at Wrexham, Chesterfield & Notts County for examples.

Better still look at our recent history - £10m thrown at the team and Bob's your uncle, 2 relegations in 3 seasons.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:07 pm If any of you moaning about what is happening to the team. Get together, offer Kent some money and see how easy it is to become successful.

I know how easy it is, when you look at Wrexham, Chesterfield & Notts County for examples.

Better still look at our recent history - £10m thrown at the team and Bob's your uncle, 2 relegations in 3 seasons.
it wasn't the money that got us relegated . It was Bullshitti's constant interfering and treating people like crap that ultimately sent us down.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Correct as he could have built a proper club, with a team in the championship at the very minimum if he’d have left the football side be run by the professionals and not think he’s playing real life championship manager.
Tenerife
Fresh Alias

Post by Tenerife »

Nothing has changed over the years. Supporters moan. Because it"s Orient there's often reason to. Remember the season we almost went out of business, 1994/95? Lots of moaning then. In the mid-1980s, attendance dipped way below what it is today. Over the decades, our team has had some ups and many downs, but the fans haven't changed. Thank goodness so many still turn up at matches.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm Correct as he could have built a proper club, with a team in the championship at the very minimum if he’d have left the football side be run by the professionals and not think he’s playing real life championship manager.
That's the crazy thing, if he'd left managers and support staff alone be could've easily been a cult hero rather than cartoon villain. Remember Slade wanting Sam Clucas and being turned down?

I guess ego is a powerful thing that can easily overtake rational thought.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 am
eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 am one win in 16 matches I'm a snowflake that moans
Have you thought about therapy ?
Or maybe limit yourself to 2 days a week on sochemed?
More jibes about mental health.

You really are a disgrace on this topic.

Post reported.
Pot, kettle there Dis, remember you having a go at Martin last year about his past battles with this illness
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

point nine one eight wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:43 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 am

Have you thought about therapy ?
Or maybe limit yourself to 2 days a week on sochemed?

Post reported.
Pot, kettle there Dis, remember you having a go at Martin last year about his past battles with this illness
Absolutely not. I have never made any comment about his illness other than to say I admire anyone who is able to show courage to come back from it.

I have, however, been consistent with my view that he is incompetent in his role and stand by that.

The evidence has always been plain to see.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Post reported.
Absolutely not. I have never made any comment about his illness other than to say I admire anyone who is able to show courage to come back from it.

I have, however, been consistent with my view that he is incompetent in his role and stand by that.

Dis you’ve been pulled up time and time again by different boarders re you ripping the piss out of ML’s mental health
Stop saying you’ve never posted about it cos it’s a big fat lie
Martin Lings Fan Club/Disorientated/Disoriented
You have a very unhealthy obsession with the Lings
Maybe it’s you who needs to cut down on his boarding
Enough said!!!!
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Dis you’ve been pulled up time and time again by different boarders re you ripping the p*ss out of ML’s mental health
Enough said!!!!
Find where I have.

Unless you invent / doctor a quote, you won’t find one as I have only ever been positive about his courage with that.

Unhealthy obsession? This coming from someone running a crime museum glorifying serial killers, sadistic perverts and wife beaters?

You couldn’t make it up.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Dis you’ve been pulled up time and time again by different boarders re you ripping the p*ss out of ML’s mental health
Enough said!!!!
Find where I have.

Unless you invent / doctor a quote, you won’t find one as I have only ever been positive about his courage with that.

Unhealthy obsession? This coming from someone running a crime museum glorifying serial killers, sadistic perverts and wife beaters?

You couldn’t make it up.
Lots of it Dis this board old board tapatalk etc etc etc it’s not hard to find
Pointless embarrassing you as you do a good of that yourself

Still on admins bandwagon I see
🐑

Crime museum 😂😂😂😂lmfao
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Post reported.

The first sentence is wrong you have selective memory there,
Second and Third sentences, agree with you 100%
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:32 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:07 pm If any of you moaning about what is happening to the team. Get together, offer Kent some money and see how easy it is to become successful.

it wasn't the money that got us relegated . It was Bullshitti's constant interfering and treating people like crap that ultimately sent us down.
Of.course it was.Money that f*cked us over with Bitchitus .

If he & his family had none , they would not have boughtLeyton Orient FC.

Seriously , they are defending his reign claiming it wasnt the money.

1 Dossena
2 Plasmati
3 MM
4 Cavasin
5 Hendon

Etc Etc Etc

Of course it was Money.

The Snowflakes are in overdrive .
🤡🤡😨🤡🤡🤠🤡🤠🤡
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Relentless.🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am Relentless.🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂
I thought you were Home
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:49 pm
Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am Relentless.🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂
I thought you were Home
Yeah, but I'm off out later.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

May I complement all concerned with this thread on a thoroughly good read. Almost worthy of a Richard Littlejohn/Piers Morgan spat but with some humour.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Omygawd wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm May I complement all concerned with this thread on a thoroughly good read. Almost worthy of a Richard Littlejohn/Piers Morgan spat but with some humour.
You can thank tuffers#1 for that,he makes the thread work.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 pm
Omygawd wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm May I complement all concerned with this thread on a thoroughly good read. Almost worthy of a Richard Littlejohn/Piers Morgan spat but with some humour.
I am delighted to see tuffers#1 in such good form.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Omygawd wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 am
Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 pm
I am delighted to see tuffers#1 in such good form.
Aye, he knows how to balance rudeness with the direct insult alright.