it can't go on much longer

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

eppingo
Fresh Alias

it can't go on much longer

Post by eppingo »

If i was Kent Teague i would be on the first plane out of texas tomorrow, and then do a trump style clear out Ling, Embleton webb and mcanuff all shown the door. i would put danny macklin (the only person with creditability) in charge of all affairs including finding someone who can steady the ship till the end of the season. I'm sure John Still would do a job to keep us up. to all the Os supporters we need to come together to get us out of this mess only this type of action by Kent will work up the Os
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: it can't go on much longer

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Didn't Fletcher have the right idea when he wanted to boot them all out?
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

think we need an evening with Carl fletcher to find out the real truth
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

They got him tied up in one of them NDA's. That would be more boring than the actual ones they do have and that's saying something.... 😳
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am If i was Kent Teague i would be on the first plane out of texas tomorrow, and then do a trump style clear out Ling, Embleton webb and mcanuff all shown the door. i would put danny macklin (the only person with creditability) in charge of all affairs including finding someone who can steady the ship till the end of the season. I'm sure John Still would do a job to keep us up. to all the Os supporters we need to come together to get us out of this mess only this type of action by Kent will work up the Os
He’s at the game this coming Tuesday why don’t you tell him about your ingenious plan
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

i just did
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

It's unbelievable that KT would put his name to and be associated with such ineptitude and poor decision making. About time he earnt his dividend and took control of the sinking ship..👍
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:57 ami just did
What through the comfort zone of social media
Wow what a hero
eppingo
Fresh Alias

Post by eppingo »

no when i see him on tuesday i will tell him to his face I've supported the club over 47 years I'm entitled to my opinion he is reasonable guy who has probably been in this situation before, and will hopefully listen to what i have to say
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 am no when i see him on tuesday i will tell him to his face I've supported the club over 47 years I'm entitled to my opinion he is reasonable guy who has probably been in this situation before, and will hopefully listen to what i have to say
Just did? And about too completely different things

Try harder Darin please
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Agree, we need a wholesale clear out of the coaching staff and the dof.
The level of ineptitude is staggering.
I do feel sorry for RE, more or less forced by Ling into doing the job. But the board must take their share of the blame.
We all knew RE wasn’t a manager , how comes our dof couldn’t see that as well?
Time to disband the cosy club before it’s too late.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am think we need an evening with Carl fletcher to find out the real truth
Definitely.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

You'd be asking the owners to eat a large chunk of humble pie to alter course right now. I sincerely hope they will do though. But imagine the come down : 'you the fans were right and we got it wrong,' And all business owners hate being told they are wrong.
So now we have pride that could be standing in the way. And this DOF position is the cause of it all.
It never seems to end...
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 am no when i see him on tuesday i will tell him to his face I've supported the club over 47 years I'm entitled to my opinion he is reasonable guy who has probably been in this situation before, and will hopefully listen to what i have to say
Eppingo - I think many fans share your frustration but it seems to me that both Kent Teague and Nigel Travis genuinely believe in the “ family club” “ right fit “ and “ unique culture” theories that are being adopted as the way forward. I’m not sure what it will take to make them reassess their philosophy but if you can open their eyes to the reality of the situation then good luck.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Yeh very true but wont happen its going to get worse before it get better if it gets better mind you. :lol: We go again tuesday night at home 1 upfront, all it needs is a tactics change, but will it happen i will wait and see😈
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

UpminsterO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:09 am
redintheface wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:03 am
Eppingo - I think many fans share your frustration but it seems to me that both Kent Teague and Nigel Travis genuinely believe in the “ family club” “ right fit “ and “ unique culture” theories that are being adopted as the way forward. I’m not sure what it will take to make them reassess their philosophy but if you can open their eyes to the reality of the situation then good luck.
Those words they use are very subjective and not quantifiable

Simple we are an ambitious club at director level too and their recent decision making is poor and does not align with even a modest progress in the field of play for results

1. What do you want - years back below in a family club as they love to define

2. Or staying up in the same culture but just with a proper manager ensuring that occurs

I take the second option please
It’s almost as though their guiding principle is that the fabric of the club must be retained regardless of the results. Seems at odds with what many fans want imho!😕
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, with a fortune spent on non playing staff the size of Real Madrid.
Get rid of all the driftwood and spend the money saved on some decent players.
We are not Real Madrid and we don’t need a d.o.f and numerous coaching assistants, we do need some steel in the side , midfielders with energy who can tackle, a manager who can motivate.
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

think we need an evening with Carl fletcher to find out the real truth
[/quote]

Think the club can organise this but its £15 a ticket..
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

I don't understand why being a family club, the right fit and unique culture are mutually exclusive to obtaining an experienced manager.

Slade understood the culture and was a good fit.

Justin understood the culture and was a good fit.

Holloway (possibly out of our league without a part of ownership) seems to understand Grimsby, their culture and what makes the club tick.

And finally Tisdale seemed to understand the local club culture at Exeter a lot better than the behemoth machine at MK Dons. So would seem another good fit.

I'm sure many other experienced gaffers are out there who would understand the whole family club ethos and embrace it. I mean it really isn't that difficult.

We've all changed jobs before and all had to change the way we operate to become more suited to where we end up.

Take Wilkinson for example, do we not ask him to play upfront because we're a family club? Or out Brophy at left back because of our culture? No, of course not. It's absolute cobblers.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am think we need an evening with Carl fletcher to find out the real truth
Yes wouldn’t that be interesting
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I can imagine us bringing in Russell Slade at the 11th hour to dig us out of the sh*t just like we needed him to do before
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm I can imagine us bringing in Russell Slade at the 11th hour to dig us out of the sh*t just like we needed him to do before
Ain’t going to happen. Ross the boss is here to stay, we need to show unity just right now.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

kokomO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:04 am It's unbelievable that KT would put his name to and be associated with such ineptitude and poor decision making. About time he earnt his dividend and took control of the sinking ship..👍
What dividend? The owners have not taken a penny out of the club.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

eppingo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am If i was Kent Teague i would be on the first plane out of texas tomorrow, and then do a trump style clear out Ling, Embleton webb and mcanuff all shown the door. i would put danny macklin (the only person with creditability) in charge of all affairs including finding someone who can steady the ship till the end of the season. I'm sure John Still would do a job to keep us up. to all the Os supporters we need to come together to get us out of this mess only this type of action by Kent will work up the Os
I understand the sentiment and I get where your coming from and respect your opinion. However, the people you mention have proved they are re good enough, a league title and a cup final indicate they know what they are doing. However, that success was down to one man and one man only, he lead, he motivated, he had a pathway, an understanding of what players want and don’t want. He knew how to lead the coaching team, he knew what level of fitness was required, the tactics needed, the shape and formation. The rest as they say is history.

The existing players have been through a really tough period, some of them might not be capable of playing at this level, some certainly are, yet what the team lacks is what Justin brought to it in abundance as laid out above. This is the one key element we are missing and that’s a proper proven manager, a man manager to boot. A coach and a manager are different people. One leads, the other follows. Only when a manager is appointed can the jury decide on the backroom staff and their abilities.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:45 pm
I understand the sentiment and I get where your coming from and respect your opinion. However, the people you mention have proved they are re good enough, a league title and a cup final indicate they know what they are doing. However, that success was down to one man and one man only, he lead, he motivated, he had a pathway, an understanding of what players want and don’t want. He knew how to lead the coaching team, he knew what level of fitness was required, the tactics needed, the shape and formation. The rest as they say is history.

The existing players have been through a really tough period, some of them might not be capable of playing at this level, some certainly are, yet what the team lacks is what Justin brought to it in abundance as laid out above. This is the one key element we are missing and that’s a proper proven manager, a man manager to boot. A coach and a manager are different people. One leads, the other follows. Only when a manager is appointed can the jury decide on the backroom staff and their abilities.
I could swear I can remember Nigel saying from somewhere that the type of proven manager we're crying out for is apparently too expensive . They want the same type of wages they were getting elsewhere . Just accept we've got Ross and prepare yourself for a relegation dogfight .