East Stand renamed

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

East Stand renamed

Post by BIGRON »

Now called the Green Inc stand according to the club ;)
NOM
Fresh Alias

Re: East Stand renamed

Post by NOM »

West East North South

Brisbane Rd

I don’t care about there fancy names etc I’ll stick with what I know and love
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

NOM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:21 pm West East North South

Brisbane Rd

Hope they fix that hole in the roof for next season 😅😅
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

BIGRON wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Brisbane Rd

Hope they fix that hole in the roof for next season 😅😅
You knows it 🤡
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Brisbane Rd

This
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

So are we back to calling it Osborne road now then ?
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

EliotNes wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Brisbane Rd

This
X2
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm So are we back to calling it Osborne road now then ?
You call it what you want I was talking for me no one else
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

People putting money into the club and get only barbed comments.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

NOM wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm So are we back to calling it Osborne road now then ?
You call it what you want I was talking for me no one else
So you are a Johhnie come lately .

Ahh Bless a puppy
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

Brisbane Rd

I'm in agreement with NOM on this one - despite our discord elsewhere.

Although I understand the necessity of the club having to explore as many revenue streams as possible, selling naming rights to the very fabric of the place makes me cringe. Is nothing sacred :?:
I find this kind of thing tantamount to the '..give me sixpence and I'll show yer me knickers..' kind of thing. Nay class.
Give these folks some advertising space somewhere, there's plenty of unused acreage. There's no need to prostitute the furniture.
Like NOM and many others (I suspect), I'll continue to call it the East Side Stand.
I've never yet referred to the ground as 'The Breyer Group Stadium' either.
Bah humbug.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Bah humbug? I wonder if some would change their view if the money earned help us develop the squad. Which it no doubt does. Sponsorship is a major revenue stream and I for one would be happy if we sponsored every inch of the setup. Free money.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:51 pm Bah humbug? I wonder if some would change their view if the money earned help us develop the squad. Which it no doubt does. Sponsorship is a major revenue stream and I for one would be happy if we sponsored every inch of the setup. Free money.
We should only take the money if a sponsor is going to redevelop the stand. We supporters should get something out of the deal.
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:51 pm Bah humbug? I wonder if some would change their view if the money earned help us develop the squad. Which it no doubt does. Sponsorship is a major revenue stream and I for one would be happy if we sponsored every inch of the setup. Free money.
Hi, dOh Nut,

I completely agree that sponsorship is "..a major revenue stream..". We're in no position to shun offers of money.
Personally, I wouldn't, "..be happy if we sponsored every inch of the set up." To me, it's just tacky. I can live with the stadium being festooned with hoardings placed by companies selling their goods and services, I understand that completely. What I don't like is the re-branding of historic and sentimental structures which help define us as a football club. I feel sure that more hoarding space is available within the ground for companies to buy and that there's no need to 'sell' our good name for pieces of silver.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

When you have Arsenal & Man City stadiums called Airline names then we surely have to use our ground to get cash in. THFC new ground will change names if Levy can do a deal. Is Wembley called the EE Wembley?
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

aylesburyos wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 am Is Wembley called the EE Wembley?
No: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 54072.html
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Pleased that the sponsor is a normal business and not a betting company. I knew one day my prints would come.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2018/ ... ponsorhip/

I know it says 'from', but given the amount of time that has elapsed I dunno if there were many takers for it. Perhaps they were waiting for us to be back in the League but I don't think attendances or TV coverage will improve a lot.

On its own it isn't much, I suppose all the little bits and pieces add up to a reasonable figure.

Did anything happen with the stadium roof sponsors? I recall seeing that was up for sale and would be visible on the flight path to various airports.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Milano wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm People putting money into the club and get only barbed comments.
Exactly this, every bit of revenue helps and could be the difference between, say getting a loan player in when we need or not.

As fans we have our own names for the ground but grateful for companies willing to put their cash in to support the club and perhaps get a bit of exposure along the way.

As an aside I'd never heard of Breyer Group before last season, now I see their vans everywhere all.sporting the BR / Breyer logo on the back.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

eagwgw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:42 am https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2018/ ... ponsorhip/

I know it says 'from', but given the amount of time that has elapsed I dunno if there were many takers for it. Perhaps they were waiting for us to be back in the League but I don't think attendances or TV coverage will improve a lot.

On its own it isn't much, I suppose all the little bits and pieces add up to a reasonable figure.

Did anything happen with the stadium roof sponsors? I recall seeing that was up for sale and would be visible on the flight path to various airports.
Would have made more sense to get in whilst we were still non-league - more chance of a successful season and all that brings.

Agreed with others, I'm a tradionalist and have no time for these fancy new names. I don't mind it, it just doesn't register. For me, it will always be The Matchroom Stadium.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

eagwgw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:42 am https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2018/ ... ponsorhip/

Would have made more sense to get in whilst we were still non-league - more chance of a successful season and all that brings.

Agreed with others, I'm a tradionalist and have no time for these fancy new names. I don't mind it, it just doesn't register. For me, it will always be The Matchroom Stadium.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Breyer group seem very supportive. Lots of twitter activity. Their owner Tim is a big fan & their whole family are. Have seen his small son at matches home & away & was on stage with his Dad presenting an award at the presentation evening
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

Fair enough, fellow fans.
I concede that my view is in the minority and accept that the majority feel that re-naming the stand is a positive thing.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:19 am

:D
Lady Luck
Fresh Alias

Post by Lady Luck »

Is this really a big thing?

It's been the ebm-past East stand since 2013 - how much has anyone really noticed/been bothered about that?

My guess is not a lot, given that no-one commenting on here seems to have noticed that the signage along the front of the stand had actually already been changed to Green Inc branding in the run up to the Braintree game.