What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: What have you really enjoyed about the last decade of Tory rule?

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

BoniO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Why are you bothering?
They did inherit a mess. Full stop. Beyond dispute. Why would they not say that, it’s true. The politics was whether Labour could have left us in a stronger position to withstand it etc. That’s the political bit. Personally I’m not interested in that.

Nor does Browns interventions. He did what he did and maybe what he had to do.

None of that changes the fact that the Tories inherited a mess. To dispute that fact is simply nonsense. All the other stuff is the smoke and mirrors.

That it was a worldwide crash makes recovery even harder.

Bottom line. The Tories inherited a mess and at a time when the worldwide economy was in a mess too. That is beyond sensible dispute. By all means judge their performance since then but the baseline must be remembered.
So, basically, they've only fecked up for the last 10 years then. Gotcha.
The thread topic is the last decade. I make that 10 years we are discussing.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:49 pm These so called food banks make me laugh. Local one near me, i see some of them turning up in their cars, laughing and smoking cigarettes as they come out with lots of bags of food. There are few people in this country that really know real hardship. Go abroad to Asian, far eastern countries, Africa etc and see a different picture. Some real hardship out there and food is so expensive compared to our prices and the wages/benefits received. That is why so many are queuing up to get into the UK. One persons austerity is to another ones........prosperity !
Do you have any idea whatsoever how many checks you have to go through to even get close to obtaining food from a foodbank?

To say that only a few people in this county really know hardship is utter bollocks. The Uk is the 5th largest economy in the world and yet working people are living in poverty relying on foodbanks to feed themselves. f*** the poor eh Sid? Probably all their fault anyway.

Christ I really wish I'd never revived this MB.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:49 pm These so called food banks make me laugh. Local one near me, i see some of them turning up in their cars, laughing and smoking cigarettes as they come out with lots of bags of food. There are few people in this country that really know real hardship. Go abroad to Asian, far eastern countries, Africa etc and see a different picture. Some real hardship out there and food is so expensive compared to our prices and the wages/benefits received. That is why so many are queuing up to get into the UK. One persons austerity is to another ones........prosperity !
I think Sid your points, actually very valid and validated, if I recall the article, will fall on stony ground.

There has been food banks for decades. Under both parties, what has happened is the organisation and structure has got a lot better. But yes, I too have seen what you mention.

But for some there is a genuine need and that is wrong. In this day and age in a wealthy country nobody should be hungry, especially with the current obesity crisis. That says more about us as a nation than just our Government, whatever colour.

So for everybody on this forum I say. Look at yourself before the Government. Are you happy stuffing your face and drinking well, maybe adding to the overweight crisis, whilst being aware of those starving. Being righteous is all very well and good when looking at what others are or should be doing but perhaps looking closer to home for a few seconds for all of us would be good.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Yep. That's whats f*cking up the country, the spoiled, pampered, feckless poor. Going to the foodbanks and filling their bags with life's essentials. How f*cking dare they?

I find it dispiriting as a human being to hear working class people talk like this. Things keep getting worse and worse and I keep hoping the penny will drop for people but it just doesn't happen. The ruling class have well and truly convinced ordinary people that the sh*t end of the stick is venison and its under threat from immigrants/the disabled/single mothers/university students/the unemployed/the underemployed/the employed but underpaid/the nurses/the teachers/The Europeans etc. Delete as applicable. All the while the bastards in charge live in the most obscene opulence. How many houses does JRM have? How many bedrooms? Its the poor you see, that's where all of our wealth has gone. The Spoiled, feckless, entitled poor. Jesus christ we're in f*cking trouble.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm
I think Sid your points, actually very valid and validated, if I recall the article, will fall on stony ground.

There has been food banks for decades. Under both parties, what has happened is the organisation and structure has got a lot better. But yes, I too have seen what you mention.

But for some there is a genuine need and that is wrong. In this day and age in a wealthy country nobody should be hungry, especially with the current obesity crisis. That says more about us as a nation than just our Government, whatever colour.

So for everybody on this forum I say. Look at yourself before the Government. Are you happy stuffing your face and drinking well, maybe adding to the overweight crisis, whilst being aware of those starving. Being righteous is all very well and good when looking at what others are or should be doing but perhaps looking closer to home for a few seconds for all of us would be good.

Now I'm confused.

I care about the poor and want a government that will take us towards equality. I contribute towards foodbank charities not only with essentials but also time etc and I give to homeless charities. However, I'm also overweight and enjoy eating well. Am I part of the problem?

Or are you and your mate Sid just a pair of unpleasant, uncharitable and contemptible wankers?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Now I'm confused.

I care about the poor and want a government that will take us towards equality. I contribute towards foodbank charities not only with essentials but also time etc and I give to homeless charities. However, I'm also overweight and enjoy eating well. Am I part of the problem?

Or are you and your mate Sid just a pair of unpleasant, uncharitable and contemptible wankers?
No theyrapairacunts
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Now I'm confused.

Answers on a post card...
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Eat The Rich wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Yep. That's whats f*cking up the country, the spoiled, pampered, feckless poor. Going to the foodbanks and filling their bags with life's essentials. How f*cking dare they?

I find it dispiriting as a human being to hear working class people talk like this. Things keep getting worse and worse and I keep hoping the penny will drop for people but it just doesn't happen. The ruling class have well and truly convinced ordinary people that the sh*t end of the stick is venison and its under threat from immigrants/the disabled/single mothers/university students/the unemployed/the underemployed/the employed but underpaid/the nurses/the teachers/The Europeans etc. Delete as applicable. All the while the bastards in charge live in the most obscene opulence. How many houses does JRM have? How many bedrooms? Its the poor you see, that's where all of our wealth has gone. The Spoiled, feckless, entitled poor. Jesus christ we're in f*cking trouble.

Read my post. Whilst we suffer an obiesity crisis, other struggle to eat. That is obscene. And for what it’s worth it’s not just the rich who are fat. And the Government don’t force feed people. Like I said, we all have a part to play, not just leaving it to the Government. It’s for us to examine our own actions, not the Governments, and decide whether we are any better. Or simply playing politics. I know what I do. Do you? A rhetorical question.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

You're seriously conflating poverty and hunger with obesity whilst deflecting blame from the government?

On second thoughts, don't bother answering. I'm out. Max has nailed what you are above.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Read my post. Whilst we suffer an obiesity crisis, other struggle to eat. That is obscene. And for what it’s worth it’s not just the rich who are fat. And the Government don’t force feed people. Like I said, we all have a part to play, not just leaving it to the Government. It’s for us to examine our own actions, not the Governments, and decide whether we are any better. Or simply playing politics. I know what I do. Do you? A rhetorical question.
How would people eating less sugary crap address low pay, late pay and a broken benefits system?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Now I'm confused.

No theyrapairacunts
You have absolutely no f*cking idea what I do, nor for how long. If you dare call me uncharitable again I’ll invite you to a face to face if you have the balls and we can discuss it man to man. That comment is outrageous and wrong so in the nicest sense, go f*** yourself. I do plenty but just don’t go around boasting about it, just quietly and unselfishly get on with it. An apology is needed but of course you won’t.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:41 pm
RedO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Erm, it has everything to do with politics as the Tories politicised it. They still go on about inheriting the financial mess that "Labour created," despite it being conveniently acknowledged as a worldwide financial crisis when it suits them. I don't recall many of them objecting to Gordon Brown's intervention when the banks were hours away from failing. They were also unable to argue against Brown's economic management up until then, as he had effectively just continued where the Major government had left off (i.e. PFI etc).
Why are you bothering?
They did inherit a mess. Full stop. Beyond dispute. Why would they not say that, it’s true. The politics was whether Labour could have left us in a stronger position to withstand it etc. That’s the political bit. Personally I’m not interested in that.

Nor does Browns interventions. He did what he did and maybe what he had to do.

None of that changes the fact that the Tories inherited a mess. To dispute that fact is simply nonsense. All the other stuff is the smoke and mirrors.

That it was a worldwide crash makes recovery even harder.

Bottom line. The Tories inherited a mess and at a time when the worldwide economy was in a mess too. That is beyond sensible dispute. By all means judge their performance since then but the baseline must be remembered.
Unlike you to be so categorically wrong on something. Odd.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... y-timeline
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

F*ck The Poor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Now I'm confused.

No theyrapairacunts
You have absolutely no f*cking idea what I do, nor for how long. If you dare call me uncharitable again I’ll invite you to a face to face if you have the balls and we can discuss it man to man. That comment is outrageous and wrong so in the nicest sense, go f*** yourself. I do plenty but just don’t go around boasting about it, just quietly and unselfishly get on with it. An apology is needed but of course you won’t.
Any good you may do is undone by voting for the party committed to maintaining and indeed stoking this broken system that has failed so many. We could speculate about your charitable motivation being to assuage your guilty conscience but that assumes that you have one.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Now I'm confused.

No theyrapairacunts
:lol:

You silly old sod, wind your neck in. Offering people out isn't very wise at your age. It's not very charitable either.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I use a food bank .

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.
Added to that each of my 2 sisters have done
Alternate shops for me at the supermarket what about my UC money ?

Phone bill/internet which i need to deal with the council ,
And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Leaves me with about £17 .00 for the month.

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.
I cant even afford the bus fare so a good walk is needed.

Cant say id recommend use of a food bank.
The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm I use a food bank .

Well i did untill they stopped dealing with the one local to me . Last 3 months ive not been able to use them.
Even though every appt i go to for UC i tell them i need to be put in the food bank.

I smoke roll ups kindly provided to my sister who gets some cheap & cheerfuls in portugal when she goes.

And various different people regarding my housing situation. Water rates , electric bill & council tax .

Ive been to half a dozen games at the O's this season as friends were not using there season tickets.

The people who donate do put an awful lot of sh*te food in there baskets when they shop for the poor or those put in a situation through no fault of there own
Mate, I'm surprised you've got the brass neck to appear on the same thread as Sid and Maffy given their comments above. I bet you were smiling and laughing your bollocks off last time you used a foodbank?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:33 pm The 4th GE in 9 years
Let me Edit that to 3
General Elections in the last 4 years
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Now I'm confused.

No theyrapairacunts
I called you acunt. Not uncharitable.

A face to face is fine but I bet you are a shitbag too scared to turn up. A Yella bellied keyboard warrior.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Mate, I'm surprised you've got the brass neck to appear on the same thread as Sid and Maffy given their comments above. I bet you were smiling and laughing your bollocks off last time you used a foodbank?
I havent smiled & laughed at using a food bank at all FTC.

It was the 1 opposite the Rose & Crown pub .
Jewel road

Hated queing there in case some i know saw me & wanted a chat. See ive lived in walthamstow since i was 2 & most of the people i know in my life are here.

The humiliation of standing in a queue for charitable food is the worst thing i have ever had to deal with.

But my hands are tied until the mess im in gets sorted out . If it doesnt then we shall see what comes my way.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

F*ck The Poor wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Are you proposing some sort of equal food system where fatties give their excess calories to the starving? Sounds a bit communist.
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Jewel road

Hated queing there in case some i know saw me & wanted a chat. See ive lived in walthamstow since i was 2 & most of the people i know in my life are here.

The humiliation of standing in a queue for charitable food is the worst thing i have ever had to deal with.

But my hands are tied until the mess im in gets sorted out . If it doesnt then we shall see what comes my way.
Just to clarify, my comment wasn't aimed at you in the slightest - more the uncharitable (oops i said it again) opinions of others on this thread. My heart genuinely goes out to anyone finding themselves in those circumstances and I hope things pick up for you soon fella.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

RedO wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm

No theyrapairacunts
:lol:

You silly old sod, wind your neck in. Offering people out isn't very wise at your age. It's not very charitable either.
There are a lot of things I don’t talk about. But trust me having a face to face is not something that concerns me, even at my old age. Nuff said.

What I will not accept is some bumhole who knows nothing about me questioning my charitable side.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Now I'm confused.

No theyrapairacunts
You f*** yourself plenty, quietly and unselfishly? :xx
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Jewel road

Just to clarify, my comment wasn't aimed at you in the slightest - more the uncharitable (oops i said it again) opinions of others on this thread. My heart genuinely goes out to anyone finding themselves in those circumstances and I hope things pick up for you soon fella.
Well if they dont i have the Nitrazepan & Tinzaparin at the ready ( well in a safe place , not where i am) just in case.
😁

Still hopefully it wont come to that .

Its been a very tough year .

Then reading the absolute B*llocks that some people write on here & other socail media makes me think
If only they knew how close they are to being in a similar position.

Karma eh.

I must have been a real C*nt in some previous life in
A past life.to be punished in this one.

Or i was the real C*nt in previous life & now i have
gone through the ranks & become the meek & im ready to inherit the Earth .

Anyway .

Anyone wants expert advice on the using of FOOD BANKS come chat to me .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

It is those comments that actually prove my point. I have no idea about the what’s and why tuffers is in the position he is and frankly it’s none of my business. But what he has talked about is the support he gets from the council, family and friends. Which is exactly my point. As a society we too have things that we can do to help, not just moan at Governments. It’s for us to look at ourselves and decide if we could do a little more.

Not complex. Some people do their bit, others no doubt do f*** all. It’s a personal thing. Could we do more? I’m sure we all could.