Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

BECAUSE OF THE CROWDS OF PEOPLE SURROUNDING THEM FFS!
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

And I’m not changing the subject. I’m highlighting that you don’t give a damn about people not being able to see the presentation otherwise you’d be equally irritated by the fact that loads in the East Stand couldn’t see. But you’re clearly not worried about that.

You are just using the invasion as an excuse to insult fellow Os fans and feel morally superior.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

It was disrespectful to the East Stand fans to have the presentation table oriented toward the West Stand. The club can't afford to turn it's back on its own supporters in such a callous fashion.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

A Pedant wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm The presentations were always going to be facing away from the East Stand, because the setup was always going to be facing the TV cameras. Any other setup would have been bizarre.
So it might be fair to say that those lucky enough to have been in attendance on the day, whilst benefiting from the live action, atmosphere, sights and smells of a live occasion, didn't have as good a view of the presentation as those who could only watch on TV (although, of course, they could always watch it later on).
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm And I’m not changing the subject. I’m highlighting that you don’t give a damn about people not being able to see the presentation otherwise you’d be equally irritated by the fact that loads in the East Stand couldn’t see. But you’re clearly not worried about that.

You are just using the invasion as an excuse to insult fellow Os fans and feel morally superior.
Yeah, you are. The subject being discussed here is the arseholes who stayed on the pitch and blocked everyone else from seeing the presentation. Not which stand would have had the best view of proceedings if the arseholes had left the pitch.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 pm It was disrespectful to the East Stand fans to have the presentation table oriented toward the West Stand. The club can't afford to turn it's back on its own supporters in such a callous fashion.
The East Stand only has a few season ticket holders, the majority of those in there on Saturday were not season ticket holders, so makes sense to prioritise other stands.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

StillSpike wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:54 pm
A Pedant wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm The presentations were always going to be facing away from the East Stand, because the setup was always going to be facing the TV cameras. Any other setup would have been bizarre.
So it might be fair to say that those lucky enough to have been in attendance on the day, whilst benefiting from the live action, atmosphere, sights and smells of a live occasion, didn't have as good a view of the presentation as those who could only watch on TV (although, of course, they could always watch it later on).
Some had an amazing view of proceedings.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 pm It was disrespectful to the East Stand fans to have the presentation table oriented toward the West Stand. The club can't afford to turn it's back on its own supporters in such a callous fashion.
The East Stand only has a few season ticket holders, the majority of those in there on Saturday were not season ticket holders, so makes sense to prioritise other stands.
Can you provide evidence for this ridiculous claim. Myself, Mrs Esteban and the three friends sitting next to us are all season ticket holders. So are about 60% of the block.

Ludicrous thing to say.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm
Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm And I’m not changing the subject. I’m highlighting that you don’t give a damn about people not being able to see the presentation otherwise you’d be equally irritated by the fact that loads in the East Stand couldn’t see. But you’re clearly not worried about that.

Yeah, you are. The subject being discussed here is the arseholes who stayed on the pitch and blocked everyone else from seeing the presentation. Not which stand would have had the best view of proceedings if the arseholes had left the pitch.
No the subject being discussed here is your hypocrisy.

You feel that you have the right to insult fellow Os fans because their actions restricted the view of a presentation, yet you don't give a monkeys about those in the East stand who couldn't see. Thus demonstrating that you don't care about the presentation at all.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:58 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm
Can you provide evidence for this ridiculous claim. Myself, Mrs Esteban and the three friends sitting next to us are all season ticket holders. So are about 60% of the block.

Ludicrous thing to say.
Are you honestly claiming that the East Stand has more than 50% season ticket occupancy? Like, really? :lol:
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

But theres nothing that could have been done to enable to East standers to see, a mob of selfish morons blocking everyones view however...
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:00 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

No the subject being discussed here is your hypocrisy.

You feel that you have the right to insult fellow Os fans because their actions restricted the view of a presentation, yet you don't give a monkeys about those in the East stand who couldn't see. Thus demonstrating that you don't care about the presentation at all.
Nope, we were definitely discussing the arseholes that ruined the presentation.

Obviously I care that us decent fans who followed the clubs requests couldn't see, otherwise I wouldn't have spent the last 2 days ranting about it.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm But theres nothing that could have been done to enable to East standers to see, a mob of selfish morons blocking everyones view however...

Better organisation would have lead to the East stand being able to view.

Your logic is thus:

having a restricted view of the presentation is heinous crime
some fans blocked the view
therefore, you have the right to insult them

However, when I point out that many of those blocking the view came from the East stand where the view was block by the nature of the presentation set up so they would have had their view blocked, you don't give a sh*t.

Thus proving your hypocrisy.

You don't care about people having their view blocked. You just like having a opportunity to feel superior and insult fellow fans.

If you really did care about the viewing of a presentation then you would wholeheartedly agree with me about the East Stand.

In fact, your attitude is the opposite. you explicitly state that you don't care about those in the East stand (with the specious and unproven argument that many are not season ticket holders).

So why is it ok for you to not give a hoot about a section of the crowd (East stand)? But those who blocked the view by invading the pitch demonstrate the same lack of care for others that you clearly do. So either:

A. both you and the invaders are, as you describe, "ars*holes", because you both disregard the view of others.
B. nobody is an ars*hole, things just happened the way they did because it was a chaotic situation.

So which one are you wiling to accept. A or B?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

You missed out

C. those that remained on the pitch so that they could witness the presentation without a care for their fellow supporters are selfish arseholes.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:13 pm You missed out

C. those that remained on the pitch so that they could witness the presentation without a care for their fellow supporters are selfish arseholes.
I love how whenever I throw unemotional logic at you, you just ignore it and carry on banging the same old drum.

I'll ask again:

Item A: Those who invaded the pitch didn't care about the view of others.

Item B: You, who doesn't care care about the view of those in the East Stand, as you've categorically stated.

If Item A can be described as, in your word, "Ars*holes", why is the same label not given the Item B?

Also, can you please provide some statistics about the proportion of season ticket holders in the East Stand.

Can you also provide an explanation as to why a non-season ticket holder (who will have actually paid more for the game as ST holders get a discount per game) don't have the same right to a view as a ST holder?
Last edited by Esteban on Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

My answer is still C, mate.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:40 pm My answer is still C, mate.
What is C?

C. despite all logic pointing to the fact that I really don't care about the view of others (especially those in the East stand) I'm just allowed to call fellow O's fans ars*holes because it makes me feel morally superior

I admire your persistence, but it's not the correct answer.

I'll give you a clue...the answer is B.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I’m a season ticket holder and I really despise these Johnny Come latelys who only come for the glory
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

This is still going on :lol:
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:47 pm This is still going on :lol:
You knows it😂👍😋🤡🤡
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:08 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:03 pm But theres nothing that could have been done to enable to East standers to see, a mob of selfish morons blocking everyones view however...

Your logic is thus:

However, when I point out that many of those blocking the view came from the East stand where the view was block by the nature of the presentation set up so they would have had their view blocked, you don't give a sh*t.

You don't care about people having their view blocked. You just like having a opportunity to feel superior and insult fellow fans.

If you really did care about the viewing of a presentation then you would wholeheartedly agree with me about the East Stand.

In fact, your attitude is the opposite. you explicitly state that you don't care about those in the East stand (with the specious and unproven argument that many are not season ticket holders).

So why is it ok for you to not give a hoot about a section of the crowd (East stand)? But those who blocked the view by invading the pitch demonstrate the same lack of care for others that you clearly do. So either:

A. both you and the invaders are, as you describe, "ars*holes", because you both disregard the view of others.
B. nobody is an ars*hole, things just happened the way they did because it was a chaotic situation.

I'm sure some of the blockers were from the East stand, but theres no evidence that more came from that stand than any other. All blockers regardless of stand could have stood at a distance from the action so that they were not blocking everyones view.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Your logic is thus:

I'm sure some of the blockers were from the East stand, but theres no evidence that more came from that stand than any other. All blockers regardless of stand could have stood at a distance from the action so that they were not blocking everyones view.
But apparently we are allowed to just make up wild figures regarding the proportion of people in the East Stand.

For example, one can assert that there are barely any season ticket holders in the East Stand without a shred of evidence. Therefore, I'm allowed to declare that the majority of the invaders were from the East Stand.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Separate issue, you're getting increasingly desperate.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Your logic is thus:

I have every sympathy with the East Stand Blockers coming on to get a better view of proceedings and refusing to leave when asked.

Don't forget the players and officials had deliberately turned their back on them already when they positioned the table to face Westwards so that the posh fukers in the West Stand could get the best view.

Even the North and South standees were shunned as they tried to make sense of their side on vantage point.

All in all it wasn't the club's greatest day.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:05 pm Separate issue, you're getting increasingly desperate.
I'm not getting desperate at all.

I've yet to see a substantial retort to my point about those in the East Stand beyond the tedious "invaders are ars*holes" argument.